Tragic news (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 17, 2023, 12:26 (403 days ago)
edited by Kermit, Friday, March 17, 2023, 12:32

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11873587/Lance-Reddick-dead-60-Wire-John-Wick-star-dies-natural-causes-...

Truly upsetting. First saw him on The Wire, and he's been stealing the show ever since.

I'm speechless.

Tragic news

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, March 17, 2023, 12:28 (403 days ago) @ Kermit

Deleted my post since we posted at the same time. Really sad news.

=(

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, March 17, 2023, 13:37 (403 days ago) @ Kermit

Seems like his VO work in H:ZD and Destiny aren't even a footnote in the few bios I've read. Weird, but it is what it is.

I guess Lennie James is the only original cast member left?

Sad day all around.

~m

No words :(

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 17, 2023, 14:55 (403 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

i'm genuinely in tears.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, March 17, 2023, 15:10 (403 days ago) @ Kermit

I can't wrap my head around this. I feel like it's not even possible. Honestly, I can barely even type. I'm sitting at my computer, just shaking.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 17, 2023, 16:42 (403 days ago) @ Kermit

Cause of Death.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, April 07, 2023, 18:03 (382 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, April 07, 2023, 19:02

It has been reported that, per Lance Reddick’s death certificate, a cause of death as "Ischemic Heart Disease as well as Atherosclerotic Coronary Artery Disease", which would explain how he was found collapsed in the backyard.

Coronary artery disease (CAD), also called coronary heart disease (CHD), ischemic heart disease (IHD),[13] myocardial ischemia,[14] or simply heart disease, involves the reduction of blood flow to the heart muscle due to build-up of atherosclerotic plaque in the arteries of the heart.[5][6][15] It is the most common of the cardiovascular diseases.[16] Types include stable angina, unstable angina, myocardial infarction, and sudden cardiac death

That said, this diagnosis has been disputed by his family. Through their attorney the following has been expressed:

"no autopsy was performed" on Reddick and that, to his knowledge, "no medical examination of Lance during his lifetime ever indicated such conditions."

Reddick [was] "the most physically fit person I've ever known," saying that the "Fringe" and "Lost" actor worked out daily at his home gym, did "extensive cardio work" and contractually required having access to gym facilities when working away from home. He also said Reddick "ate as if a dietitian was monitoring his every meal."

"The information appearing on the death certificate is wholly inconsistent with his lifestyle"

"On behalf of his wife, the death certificate information is not corroborated and is inconsistent with the facts known to the family."

So... there it is, for the moment. If it sticks.

Rest in Peace, Commander.

Cause of Death.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, April 08, 2023, 10:18 (382 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I saw that article, and really, I can't question it, although I understand the reason behind the family's doubts. It's cast out of grief and that makes sense. I can't tell you how many times I've heard of a young person in tip top shape or peak physical condition keel over suddenly. It doesn't make it any easier, and it sucks to say(and even moreso to witness firsthand), but when it's your time to go, it's your time to go. End of discussion.

It hurts playing D1, no question about it. And I regret even more not buying that old "whether we wanted it or not" shirt from the Bungie store; it would've been a fond smile of pride to wear it. But you know what they say, "Don't remember how I died, remember how I lived."

Vanguard week is over, but I'll still occasionally fly the colors. For the Vanguard. ✊

#1 killer in the US.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, April 08, 2023, 10:35 (382 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm so sad for his family.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread