Is this weeks story mission worth discussing? (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 06:05 (394 days ago)

Because it seems like it is, but I don't really know what exactly happened. I had to play on mute and there were distractions all around me.

But how it ended seems discussion worthy. Right?

Is this weeks story mission worth discussing?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 10:42 (394 days ago) @ ManKitten

They've been hinting at Amanda's death with the same subtlety as they did when Rohan said "I'm 2 days from retirement" and winked at the camera.

She's been my favorite since D1 and I've wanted to see her in more of the story. Finally did just for them to randomly off her because I guess they needed someone to die. At least they dropped a ton of hints that she'll be back as a guardian.

But I assume you mean the ending with Zavala. That hit way different than they intended. That was tough to watch. But what a tribute to his acting ability in that scene. I feel like there should eventually be some kind of memorial in the tower that plays those lines.

Is this weeks story mission worth discussing?

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 11:02 (394 days ago) @ bluerunner

They've been hinting at Amanda's death with the same subtlety as they did when Rohan said "I'm 2 days from retirement" and winked at the camera.

She's been my favorite since D1 and I've wanted to see her in more of the story. Finally did just for them to randomly off her because I guess they needed someone to die. At least they dropped a ton of hints that she'll be back as a guardian.

But I assume you mean the ending with Zavala. That hit way different than they intended. That was tough to watch. But what a tribute to his acting ability in that scene. I feel like there should eventually be some kind of memorial in the tower that plays those lines.

I was just talking about Amanda. Her previous dialogue painted her as having a slight chip on her shoulder that she wasn't a guardian. But if she stays dead, that gives a purpose to Crow and it would be cool to finally see something happen around him.

Odds on a rezzed Holliday and Crow trying to help her out?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, March 23, 2023, 09:36 (393 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Dude! That subject line looks very much like a spoiler.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 23, 2023, 11:25 (393 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Shoulda been Ikora

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 12:44 (394 days ago) @ ManKitten

- No text -

Shoulda been Ikora

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 13:44 (394 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Was just thinking about it, and was wondering. How would a ghost respawn an exo? I supposed I can get behind repairing the physical body, but what about the data?

Is robot data the same has human memory?

Is the answer just "space magic?"

Also, how would Magneto interact with an MRI?

Ask Saint and Cayde.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, March 23, 2023, 09:39 (393 days ago) @ ManKitten

I would assume it's along the lines of "matter and energy are the same thing vibrating at different speeds". The state of matter/energy contained in a human vs. an exo would cease to be much of a distinction at that point, yeah? If the Traveler's power cannot only reassemble, but restore life, I would think it wouldn't matter.

~m

Nope. Not untill Warlocks get a fancy CGI Vid.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 25, 2023, 19:39 (391 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

One thing.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 25, 2023, 19:41 (391 days ago) @ ManKitten

Where does Eramis fit in all of this? Just came in, said "I told you so", than dodged. Just... huh?

Okay, I've played the mission

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 25, 2023, 21:14 (391 days ago) @ ManKitten

Amanda has been a fave of mine since the start. I thought it seemed a bit random to kill her off this way. Sucks to have it spoiled here on the forum within days.

Goes Without Saying the Timing Is Terrible.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, March 27, 2023, 20:18 (389 days ago) @ ManKitten

Not that it was their intention, of course...

But god, that's something to really darken your spirits.

Cayde's gone.
Zavala's gone.
Ikora's "gone".
Tyra's gone.
Ives is gone.
Now Amanda.

That's pretty much the entire Vanguard.

...and not only that, but "spoilers"...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 17:18 (388 days ago) @ Morpheus

Not that it was their intention, of course...

But god, that's something to really darken your spirits.

Cayde's gone.
Zavala's gone.
Ikora's "gone".
Tyra's gone.
Ives is gone.
Now Amanda.

That's pretty much the entire Vanguard.

We're gonna die too before all this shakes out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Goes Without Saying the Timing Is Terrible.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 22:08 (388 days ago) @ Morpheus

Zavala's gone.

The first 15 minutes of John Wick 4 were really really weird considering the real life circumstances.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread