Bungie Weekly Updates

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, February 18, 2013, 22:35 (4056 days ago)

Would a girl be misleading herself too much if she hoped that once Destiny had been revealed, the great Friday tradition were to come back in all its teasing glory? I know we don't have a whole lot more solid information than we did on Sunday at 9:53am but I've missed them and anything would be neato at this point.

Bungie Weekly Updates

by Phoenix_9286 @, Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:13 (4056 days ago) @ Grizzlei

In a word, Nope.

I want me some Bungie Weekly Updates. They make saying absolutely nothing worth reading.

You wouldn't be the only one

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, February 18, 2013, 23:48 (4056 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Would a girl be misleading herself too much if she hoped that once Destiny had been revealed, the great Friday tradition were to come back in all its teasing glory? I know we don't have a whole lot more solid information than we did on Sunday at 9:53am but I've missed them and anything would be neato at this point.

Mix seemed pretty eager for the Weekly Updates to commence, as well.

I'm not expecting them to ramp up until the next round of Destiny news, since there's so very little to talk about. I think we'll have some fun Mailsacks in the interem, though!

Bungie Grizzlei Updates

by Flynn J Taggart, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 01:16 (4056 days ago) @ Grizzlei

You could post them weekly for Bungie and when you respond to the mail sack you could find the appropriate K-Pop gifs for each person.

posted about this already ;)

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 05:18 (4056 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

NO YOU DIDN'T!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:08 (4056 days ago) @ Mix

I'm dumbass, my apology. Hugs? :)

NO YOU DIDN'T!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:12 (4056 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I'm dumbass, my apology. Hugs? :)

"DBO Forum Rule 4: NO HUGS."

I'm watching you.

Oh really?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:14 (4056 days ago) @ Leviathan

[image]

Didn't think you'd have to encounter that, did you?

Rule 9: No .gifs *NM*

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:22 (4056 days ago) @ Grizzlei

[image]

HIPPOCRIT!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:27 (4056 days ago) @ Leviathan

I'll take your resignation by this evening then, good sir. :P

*OT* What movie is that GIF from?

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:08 (4056 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

Tangled

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:15 (4056 days ago) @ Arithmomaniac

- No text -

Bungie Weekly Updates

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:28 (4056 days ago) @ Grizzlei

The Bungie Weekly Update requires a cadence I'm not sure I can commit to right now. I'm not sure if I'll be bringing that back or not. If it does make a triumphant comeback, it will happen further down the road. Have no fear, B.org. I can assure you that B.net will be a place to learn about Destiny. We might just be more creative about how we deliver those beats.

This doesn't mean that we're going silent. I just posted a #Mailsack thread, and you're all welcome inside it.

Bungie Weekly Updates

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:47 (4056 days ago) @ DeeJ

The Bungie Weekly Update requires a cadence I'm not sure I can commit to right now. I'm not sure if I'll be bringing that back or not. If it does make a triumphant comeback, it will happen further down the road. Have no fear, B.org. I can assure you that B.net will be a place to learn about Destiny. We might just be more creative about how we deliver those beats.

This doesn't mean that we're going silent. I just posted a #Mailsack thread, and you're all welcome inside it.

That all sounds good to me. Thanks DeeJ! :)

Bungie Weekly Updates

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, February 22, 2013, 13:17 (4053 days ago) @ DeeJ

Well thanks, but... I don't want this to come off wrong... what if someone wants to ask about things but (still) doesn't care for your forum?

Bungie Weekly Updates

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 00:07 (4052 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I recommend less passive aggressiveness in the asking. You might even get answers here.

Bungie Weekly Updates

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:51 (4052 days ago) @ Kermit

I recommend less passive aggressiveness in the asking. You might even get answers here.

"I want to ask you about stuff, but I (still) don't want to use your forum."
Is that better? I didn't think it was, that's why I changed it.

Bungie Weekly Updates

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:18 (4052 days ago) @ General Vagueness
edited by Kermit, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 13:47

"I want to ask you about stuff, but I (still) don't want to use your forum."
Is that better? I didn't think it was, that's why I changed it.

I'll clarify once. I know you'll clarify and reclarify, but this is it from me.

I know you pay enough attention to know that they answer questions in the mailsack, so there's that. And there's also the silliness of you asking where you can get your questions answered in response to Deej's answer to someone's question right here.

Lastly, your whining about how you STILL don't like their forum is close to being a non sequitor. Just because Deej said we can count on Bungie.net for info doesn't translate into please ask all questions in the Bungie.net forum.

You're free to insert whining wherever, but in the middle of a request, it's impolite. I don't think you realize how you come across, and I've wasted too much text on a minor thing, but maybe you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

Edit: sorry for the premature posting earlier. Finger slippage.

Bungie Weekly Updates

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:30 (4052 days ago) @ Kermit

I know you pay enough attention to know that they answer questions in the mailsack, so there's that. And there's also the silliness of you asking where you can get your questions answered in response to Deej's answer to someone's question right here.

Yeah, I just didn't want to rely on that since it seems like they and 343i have barely paid any attention to HBO the last few months. I'm still getting used to this.

You're free to insert whining wherever, but in the middle of a request, it's impolite. I don't think you realize how you come across, and I've wasted too much text on a minor thing, but maybe you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

I had it typed up differently, leaving out my view of the forum, but I changed it to that because it just didn't feel right, like I was kissing up or something. I know what you're saying.

Thanks!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 00:51 (4052 days ago) @ DeeJ

Whatever you can manage! I think bringing back the weekly updates eventually would be a lot of fun for the community and I know I'd enjoy it. I remember loving Matt's updates--and later Frankie's updates--back in the day. All the fansites would be buzzing with speculation for the rest of the week about any ridiculously vague tidbit of info they could throw us. Occasional Q&As are nice as well.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread