Final Shape Teaser Trailer (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 14:10 (309 days ago)

Final Shape Teaser Trailer

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 16:18 (309 days ago) @ CyberKN

Wow.

Honestly, the biggest thing for me is just... the TIMING. The TIMING is OBSCENE. A question I've had since The Commander died... how would the void be filled? -or if it ever could be! And I don't think... that a CGI trailer like this can be done in two months time. Not sure, modern computers are stupidly powerful now a-days, ever growing. And then there is the question: Was this the plan all along?

To that end, I hope folks at Bungie can give their take at some point, as no doubt a lot of what they could say would rub against NDA.

As for everything else, well... we're in the endgame now. Or at least right close.

Bringing Cayde back is cheap and bad, IMO. :(

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 16:48 (309 days ago) @ CyberKN

When everyone comes back, death is meaningless. Do it just a couple of times, and sacrifices are poop.
I'm aware Amanda died a poorly written death... But does it mean anything to anyone? Apparently not, because the immediate fanfic-tier buzz on the tubes was "will she come back a Guardian!?" "Will Crow be her new mentor!?" Absolutely none of what I saw touched on the value of sacrifice, or the impact that a character's absence will have.

And now, Despite being dead longer than he was ever in the Franchise, Cayde is back Uncle Iroh style to guide us through the Spirit World.
The Final Shape will likely take place inside the Traveler, and no doubt Cayde will be our radio-drama lead throughout it... So- I guess there was no finality to the one death that Bungie worked hard to establish the finality of.
And coming off the heels of a real-world death that has placed a very definitive timer on one of the living characters, too.

What a weird feeling. But hey, at least Nathan Fillion is back! That's kind of neat. Kind of funny, since the Playsation showcase had a blink-and-miss appearance from our former Ikora, Gina Torres, in the Immortals of Aveum game.

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 17:04 (309 days ago) @ Korny

Since he was exo, is there anything in the lore about him being “backed up”? So, now he is just Cayde-7. Were this the situation, im on board. Otherwise I agree with you.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 17:32 (309 days ago) @ ManKitten

I mean, isn't that on the Other Side(tm)? There's no requirement for him to be actually back from the dead, as far as we know.

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 19:52 (309 days ago) @ ZackDark

I mean, isn't that on the Other Side(tm)? There's no requirement for him to be actually back from the dead, as far as we know.

Sure, they can make up some lore bullshit about how he's actually still dead and this isn't the real Cayde. That doesn't make it any less just cheap fan service, though.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 25, 2023, 07:43 (308 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Sure, they can make up some lore bullshit about how he's actually still dead and this isn't the real Cayde. That doesn't make it any less just cheap fan service, though.

Somehow Palpacayde returned.

[image]

Nah, let him be Gandolf.

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 22:11 (309 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 25, 2023, 07:40 (308 days ago) @ Korny

When everyone comes back, death is meaningless. Do it just a couple of times, and sacrifices are poop.

"You're not brave. You've merely forgotten the fear of death"

Guardian Armor

by Robot Chickens, Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 23:48 (309 days ago) @ CyberKN

I could be wrong about the warlock robes, but I'm pretty sure the guardians are all wearing D1 armor that was ported to D2 at some point. Makes me nostalgic, and nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

I noticed this right away too!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, May 25, 2023, 01:46 (309 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread