New cheat in IB? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, June 02, 2023, 19:53 (300 days ago)

Tried to post this on Reddit, it got removed by moderators. Not sure why.

Never experienced this before... just playing IB, the other team jumped to over 50 points in the first few seconds, by capturing their zone 14 times (in the window where we captured ours once). Almost an instant Mercy. Has anyone seen this before?

Here's the game I lost:

https://destinytracker.com/destiny-2/pgcr/13368829616

Here's another game by the same guys - no kills, but 78 points each in the first 2 minutes:

https://destinytracker.com/destiny-2/pgcr/13368704024

(I didn't include either of these links in the reddit post, in case anyone thought it was removed for witch-hunting.)

[Edit - just found a post suggesting it's a bug related to Khepri's Horn.]

New cheat in IB?

by squidnh3, Saturday, June 03, 2023, 04:24 (299 days ago) @ Claude Errera

This was happening to me last night too, it was very confusing.

Apparently we were on the tail end of this, I guess for a while everyone was using Kephri's Horn and all IB games were ending as instant mercies. Then Bungie disabled the exotic, so you couldn't equip it, except for some reason if you had it on you could keep it on, so that's the state we were playing in, where some random players would occasionally get way more points for capping a zone (you could tell because it would say "zone captured" a million times). Not sure what the status is now.

Edit: Looked it up in the Bungie Help Twitter, this was so broken they switched the gametype to Eruption for the rest of the week.

New cheat in IB?

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, June 03, 2023, 10:28 (299 days ago) @ squidnh3

Edit: Looked it up in the Bungie Help Twitter, this was so broken they switched the gametype to Eruption for the rest of the week.

This makes me laugh quite a bit.

A Silver Lining & Videos of Glitch

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, June 03, 2023, 18:25 (299 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Silver Lining

This glitch made for a very interesting unofficial game mode for a time.

Videos of Glitch

That first one is amazing.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, June 03, 2023, 20:35 (299 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread