Skolas is the hardest boss EVAR (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 04, 2023, 10:08 (319 days ago)

Jeez, I Thought You Were Being Sarcastic.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, June 04, 2023, 18:25 (319 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I guess I missed the Arc Burn part, because I don't ever remember Skolas being that difficult. Don't get me wrong, he WAS hard when he did that Guardian sickness debuff while you had to dismantle mines, but there were ways to get around it, even before the sword trick, including our favorite--trading off deaths to thwart the sickness.

Hard, yes—but sure as hell isn't number 1. 😂

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 05, 2023, 04:48 (318 days ago) @ Morpheus

including our favorite--trading off deaths to thwart the sickness.

This is the way.

Hard, yes—but sure as hell isn't number 1. 😂

Like, he isn't even the hardest boss in Destiny...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, June 05, 2023, 07:09 (318 days ago) @ ZackDark

Like, he isn't even the hardest boss in Destiny...

For real. I mean... Year 1 Aksor was tougher than Skolas. Much tougher. Skolas had more mechanics, which can cause a panic between fireteams, but the overleveled Archon Priest!?

It's been almost ten(holy shit, really?!) years, hundreds of times I've flattened him in seconds since then, and yet I still have cold sweat nightmares about that moment before all hell breaks loose, when Dinklebot—NOT Nolandroid, but Dinklebot—echoes throughout my traumatized skull: "You sure this is a good idea?"

So, no. Absolutely not.

It was a gruelling encounter.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, June 04, 2023, 22:55 (318 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by CyberKN, Sunday, June 04, 2023, 23:06

Searched through my archive of saved clips, found this one of You, TheeChaos, and I taking him down with Void burn enabled. The clip starts when Skolas is at about half-health, and ends when he dies 15 minutes later.

As the kids used to say,

Bruh.

P.S. This was clipped 8 years ago today. Obligatory "we are all old" joke.

P.P.S. Reading through some old posts from this era, forgot about the troubles we all had with random disconnections at this time. If you D/Ced from Prison of Elders, you couldn't rejoin your fireteam and you'd have to do the whole activity all over again. :(

It was a gruelling encounter.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 05, 2023, 06:26 (318 days ago) @ CyberKN

All I can say is, I did it once (I think with Funkmon and someone else?), and I never wanted to do it again.

Skolas is the EASIEST boss EVAR

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, June 05, 2023, 08:21 (318 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You could kill the hardest version of him in just one minute after he spawns! Three easy (That means it's more than "too easy")! :P

People using strategies that take four hours to pull off? Couldn't be us!

Father of the 3-Person Raid (AKA Dungeons)

by Robot Chickens, Monday, June 05, 2023, 10:21 (318 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Robot Chickens, Monday, June 05, 2023, 10:24

For that he will forever have my thanks. Okay, maybe that was Crota, but it was a step in the evolution.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread