What a wild ride.

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 05:53 (4083 days ago)

Hey folks.

I hope none of you remember me, because I was an obnoxious twat back in the day, but I've been a lurker on HBO for the past 10 years, since I was an obnoxious, snotty 10 year old. I've got a lot of fond memories of H2 community games with Elnea and GreyThor and a dozen other people I can't properly remember but I eventually drifted out of touch as I got older.

I've followed Halo/Bungie related news on HBO pretty much every day for the last decade, and I've made a ton of friends directly/indirectly through this amazing community. I'm currently studying computer science and computer animation as a result of my passion for Halo and I'm hoping that with enough hard work, I'll eventually be able to work on games people want to play too.

It's like 5 AM, and I haven't slept, so I'm just going to stop myself before I start rambling. I'm really excited for Destiny after everything we've seen so far, and the last 10 years have been amazing, so here's to ten more.

To Bungie, and all the wonderful members of the HBO community, I just wanted to say thanks for everything, and see you starside.

Welcome back!

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 05:58 (4083 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

Hope you stick around!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:09 (4083 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

My HBO story is startlingly similar

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:30 (4083 days ago) @ HavokBlue

I started following HBO slowly after Halo came out (though I've been a Bungie fan since Marathon) but never gotten involved in the community except to make a couple of comments on other people's posts. Glad to finally be IN the community instead of looking in from without.

What a wild ride.

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:23 (4082 days ago) @ HavokBlue

It's great to see how Destiny is already getting people back into the community. I imagine this will only get better as the game gets closer to release. :)

What a wild ride.

by HavokBlue, California, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 05:16 (4081 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Looking forward to everything that's coming.

(And in an incredibly weird coincidence, the same day I registered for DBO, I found out my animation professor is a former Bungie employee. Small world!)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread