GameInformer: Designing RPG Elements of Destiny (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, December 13, 2013, 12:41 (3758 days ago)

New video posted by GameInsider interviewing Tyson Green about the RPG elements in Destiny. Go watch it!

GameInformer: Designing RPG Elements of Destiny

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, December 13, 2013, 16:40 (3757 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, December 13, 2013, 17:28

That was nice and straightforward.

- Upgrade choices that stick with you sounds interesting. I'm not sure it will stop everyone from making the same best builds or that it won't occasionally frustrate me when I find I liked my powers/weapons set up the way I had them before. I guess I like the idea behind it, that people need to stick with a build to learn if they really like it or not. I just see it being a bit hard not to frustrate.

- I really like the idea that they're going for more personalized loot, and less of it, along with more in depth encounters as opposed to how things are in Borderlands. The idea that any loot drops presented to you should be worth your time is a good idea compared to the Borderlands' frequent "why would I want THIS gun??" drops that happen fairly often.

- Oh boy, he said "investment game" within the first five seconds. *Paging Cody Miller* :p [edit]Wow. That worked surprisingly well...[/edit]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread