ViDoc "easy-to-digest" analysis/speculation (image heavy)

by MrGreencastle, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:01 (4056 days ago)
edited by MrGreencastle, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:09

Inspired by a Reddit user, I decided to take a couple interesting frames from the trailer and annotate them with things I've noticed, as well as some speculation. I've tried to connect things together as best as I can. Remember, a lot of this stuff is subject to change, so take it all with a grain of salt. Apologies if it is difficult to read.

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Thanks for reading!

by GrimBrother IV, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:37 (4056 days ago) @ MrGreencastle

Great stuff!
Though, sadly, that last image males me less optimistic about ADS. ]:

by zoojoo ⌂ @, Iowa, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 16:42 (4055 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Actually that reticule looked exactly the same as the Reach AR one.

Interesting coincidence, i wonder if Bungie is reusing assets from the Halo games.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 17:04 (4055 days ago) @ zoojoo

In development as placeholders maybe. Do they even own the art to Reach at this point?

by zoojoo ⌂ @, Iowa, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 17:06 (4055 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Own? No.

But I'm sure Micro$oft won't get their panties in a twist if Bungie uses a HUD asset from their game.

Nice job!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:00 (4056 days ago) @ MrGreencastle

- No text -

Menu images could be from tablet companion app

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:14 (4056 days ago) @ MrGreencastle

That'd explain the touch-like cursor. The cursor could also be from using a Kinect interface, of course.

Menu images could be from tablet companion app

by MrGreencastle, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 10:18 (4056 days ago) @ RC

I thought of this, it definitely looks like what mobile devs use to show a finger moving around the screen (although, I'm not sure why you'd do that instead of tapping). First glimpse at Bungie's cross-platform SmartGlass competitor?

by Spawn ⌂, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:01 (4056 days ago) @ MrGreencastle

In the first image, that "class emblem" is definitely true. If you go on bungie.net and admin a private group, you can check the themes and that specific one in the first image is labeled "hunter". These are the images so far:

Cabal
[image]

Fallen
[image]

Racer
[image]

FOTC
[image]

Hunter
[image]

Titan
[image]

Titan Crest
[image]

Warlock
[image]

This leads me to believe that there are definitely more races/classes in Destiny.

by MrGreencastle, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:34 (4056 days ago) @ Spawn

Very cool. Piecing together the universe and game bit by bit detective-style is something I've always enjoyed about Bungie reveals. Here's hoping for the reveal of other races!

X-Ventcore-Status = 1

by kapowaz, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:11 (4056 days ago) @ MrGreencastle

- No text -

X-Ventcore-Status = 1

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:20 (4056 days ago) @ kapowaz

You ninja'd me

ViDoc "easy-to-digest" analysis/speculation *IMG*

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 11:19 (4056 days ago) @ MrGreencastle

Thanks for the screen caps. I was too lazy to take any, but can use these to show some of my observations from video breakdown.

[image]

"X-Ventcore-Status = 1" ;)

[image]

I was looking at the tweet area of the B-net homepage in the video (pictured above). Looked up on Bungie's twitter feed for the same tweet and found its date was Feb 9th. So some of the filming was done as late as Feb. 9th for the Vidoc release on Feb. 17th? 8 days before the release. I found it interesting anyways to see how close the timeline was.

A few seconds before this capture, before the phone is picked up and the silhouette of halcylon's beardy face is on the screen, if you look right past the face and to the computer monitor behind him you can see an orange Superintendent on black background for a split second (maybe a phone background or mobile application page?)

I noticed in a different part of the video when they show a top down view of the work pit, there are two banners hanging on the ceiling. One appears to say "Mar(s)" with a building from our concept art so far the other says V≡X. The character on the banner may be the big alien with the large crested head?

by MrGreencastle, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:28 (4056 days ago) @ Pyromancy

[image]

I notice a third banner in the top-left as well. Seems strange that they'd have banners all around the studio like this, they almost look like advertisements. I wonder if the banners are hinting toward multiple races, but as far as we know about the story, it seems to be really focused on the human side of things. That bit we see in the ViDoc does remind me a lot of the Race intro videos from WoW. A sort of backstory that plays before you get to play your character.

Here's another close-up of the customization screen of the app:

[image]

Looks like I was wrong, it's not an arrow, but a "+" sign. I wonder what it could mean. Still, it could turn into a "-" when tapped to collapse. Perhaps it's weapon/armour "loadout" quick sets?

I think I'm going to go through and make some .gifs, too at some point.

by Rerdnermers, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 12:48 (4056 days ago) @ MrGreencastle

I think the plus sign may be an upgrade button. Why would the symbol for armor be a fist? And the gun one seems to be too specific of a gun for a generic weapons symbol. You mentioned that the second weapon is partially filled up. The two with the plus signs look they are completely filled up, so they are now able to be upgraded. The fist may be an armor ability type thing, or may be unarmed skill. I have no idea what that belt thing is supposed to be. It should be the pants section, but that may be covered by boots. It kind of looks like it might be two holsters to me, or maybe a shield generator or something.

by MrGreencastle, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 13:00 (4056 days ago) @ Rerdnermers

Yeah after taking a closer look here I think you may be right even though icons can be placeholder obviously. Could just be gloves. That begs the question then, 3 weapons? That IS bold.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 14:13 (4056 days ago) @ Rerdnermers

Here's what I think about the icons on the right:

1. Fist icon? This might just represent the weapons. It could be gloves, too, although having those above the helmet seems counterintuitive. The icon also looks very different from the others (which are clearly armor slots), which would seem to indicate it's something else (back to the weapon theory). But maybe this is what it looks like when there are no gloves equipped, whereas the other slots have items equipped so they show that specific armor piece?
2. Helmet.
3. Chest/torso armor.
4. Cape. This icon looks less like a belt to me, and more like the part of a cape which would clasp around the wearer's neck and shoulders.
5. Belt.
6. Boots/leg armor.

by Mix ⌂ @, New Braunfels, Texas, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 17:13 (4055 days ago) @ Pyromancy

I noticed in a different part of the video when they show a top down view of the work pit, there are two banners hanging on the ceiling. One appears to say "Mar(s)" with a building from our concept art so far the other says V≡X. The character on the banner may be the big alien with the large crested head?

The VEX are time traveling robots, so I think that might just be how it's stylized :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread