Secret Santa 2013 Results Thread (DBO)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 16:51 (3773 days ago)

[image]

Happy Holidays!

The time has finally come to close out another year's Secret Santa! Gather round, one and all and bask in the fruits of the community's labor. Discuss any and all individual loot streams that have dumped Santa's goods into your lap this season!

(also, yes--I reused the sign-up image because I was too busy to make another one. I feel so ashamed!)

Secret Santa 2013 Results Thread

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 17:37 (3773 days ago) @ JDQuackers

This was a preview to my physical gift and I'm more than a little confused!

[image]

I hope the council understands if I can't make it...

(The image is huge and if a mod could resize it for me, that would be great; I can't figure it out on my phone)
Image resized and original linked ~B

Yay for Fallen text! :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 18:50 (3773 days ago) @ kanbo

- No text -

I think I know who got you for Secret Santa

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 21:09 (3773 days ago) @ kanbo

Though I'm not telling :)

Also thank you for the Creeper plushie! Was definitely pleasantly surprised by the present!

I think I know who got you for Secret Santa

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 11:13 (3772 days ago) @ Xenos

Also thank you for the Creeper plushie! Was definitely pleasantly surprised by the present!

Very glad you liked it and that he arrived safe! You probably know just as well as I do how hard those are to catch and mail.

I have NO idea...but I LOVE it! :D

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 19:07 (3773 days ago) @ JDQuackers

No clue as to whom my SS is, but I love that he or she made it all about my awesome son, who is awesome!! :D

They must watch my vlog, maybe they're on my subscriber list... ;)

Merry Christmas everyone!! Put aside your quarrels for a day or two, see what a difference your positive attitude can make. :)

[image]

That was indeed awesome. Rock on, SS!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 19:36 (3773 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

VERY COOL

by SEspider, Saturday, December 28, 2013, 21:05 (3769 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

by Tex @, Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 21:13 (3773 days ago) @ JDQuackers
edited by Tex, Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 21:18

I got my gift a while ago, imagine my face when I saw the box.

[image]

After confirming I wasn't breaking any rules, I tore that shit apart.

[image]

A beautiful metal print! I thought I had my Santa figured out, but the billing address was a decoy. My Santa knew me well and revealed himself to me. Thank you, Laird. And thank you, Kevin, for playing Santa's helper in disguise.

Its already nestled in my wall. My turtles love the scenery change.

[image]

Again, thank you.

(sorry if the pics come out weird...new phone syndrome)

by Laird, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 00:43 (3773 days ago) @ Tex

Thank TDSpiral for the use of his artwork also, and enjoy it! Happy Holidays!:)

THANKS TDSPIRAL

by Tex @, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 08:50 (3772 days ago) @ Laird

- No text -

NO PROB

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 18:52 (3772 days ago) @ Tex

- No text -

A question about delivery…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 21:17 (3773 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I'm assuming this is a clue for mine, but digital recipients all got their gifts from Quackers, right? Mine appears to be a puzzle from… someone else. And I have a short list of who I think my Santa is based on the content. This is going to keep me up past Santa's delivery time. Can't share it yet, but I will after solving. :)

A mysterious package arrived at the compound today

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 00:51 (3773 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Reports show it was delivered like any other box during the holiday season, padraig08 investigates.

The day started like any other, in pure darkness. After the mail serf had begrudgingly tossed the parcel and was yanked back to the rolling mail chariot by the chains that bound him, I lept out of the darkened slumber and into action. I cracked open the foreign box from thinkgeek and examined it's contents. It seemed hard to piece together what message the mad king clause was trying to tell/sell me, but it had something to do with the stars and a champion of games.

[image]

Food meant for starbound travelers and tools of a bygone age of damage rolling and crit counting. Clearly my destiny was forewarned somehow.

But... there was more.

Apparently this secret jester was quite knowledgeable of my work professionally. As a programmer of the web, this tickled my fancy justly.

[image]
(Note: Luigi hat not included, but was nice accent.)

As I'm sure the client would get a kick, and subsequently worried about this shirt, I treasured it fondly anyway.

But one thing still escaped me was the identity of such a well mannered mystery man who knew me well.

Then, it became abundantly clear.

[image]

For CNN, I'm padraig08.

Who was it though?!?

by MoltenSlowa, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 18:57 (3772 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

The mystery remains unsolved to this day...;)

By the bacon's greasy sheen, I will know who it has been!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 23:33 (3772 days ago) @ MoltenSlowa

- No text -

He was a poet and he didn't know it.

by scarab @, Wednesday, January 01, 2014, 02:09 (3766 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 06:04 (3772 days ago) @ JDQuackers

(as seen on HBO)

My secret Santa bestowed me with a couple of games from Steam (which I've never used before) to play over holiday break.

I received "Gunpoint", a stealth puzzle game and "Kentucky Route Zero" which sounds like a cool name for a band but is also a game.

[image]

[image]

Now I'm part of the PC master gaming race! Right? Right?

Thank you mysterious stranger :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 09:13 (3772 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I haven't played Kentucky Route Zero, but Gunpoint is fantastic!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, December 26, 2013, 13:47 (3771 days ago) @ Xenos

I haven't played Kentucky Route Zero, but Gunpoint is fantastic!

KR0 is great. Tickles all the Twin Peaks centers of my brain.

~m

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, December 26, 2013, 16:21 (3771 days ago) @ Malagate

Twin Peaks

wait wat

O_O

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 12:22 (3772 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Now that you've ascended I hope you'll still make time for us console gaming plebes! I've got a copy of BF4 burning a hole in my disc tray! :)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 13:17 (3772 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Oh I'll be playing that for quite awhile.

You'd be proud of me- I got a chopper on the radar dish map and was actually kicking ass with it. Whatever flight buttons I set clearly worked haha.

Now if I could just figure out how to edit my load outs to use some of the stuff I've unlocked....

Limbo!

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 09:50 (3772 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I got a Steam key for Limbo! I've heard great things about it, but never got a chance to play through. I assume it's a festive, uplifting game. ;)

Thanks, anonymous benefactor!

Uh oh

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Wednesday, December 25, 2013, 17:59 (3772 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Happy to see my Tiny Tim seems to be enjoying their gifts :-D.

Unfortunately my Secret Santa has given me a $20 Xbox code, and these are region locked, so will not work outside of the aul US.

If it's okay with my Secret Santa and JD, I'll give it to Duncan to give away on DBOtv?

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, December 27, 2013, 17:32 (3770 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Had a fantastic Holiday Special of Ghosts and Echoes!
I'm pretty sure that means my SS was roland... I think!
Thanks SS!

PS - I'm glad the person who received my SS gift enjoys it!

PPS - Extra thanks to JDQuackers for organizing this! I love this community and it's been great getting more involved over the past year! Can't wait to run into you all at the Tower and in the wild!

by roland ⌂ @, Friday, December 27, 2013, 17:37 (3770 days ago) @ breitzen

Had a fantastic Holiday Special of Ghosts and Echoes!
I'm pretty sure that means my SS was roland... I think!
Thanks SS!

:) Glad you liked it! Happy holidays!

by Bones @, The Last City, Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 28, 2013, 11:17 (3769 days ago) @ JDQuackers
edited by Bones, Saturday, December 28, 2013, 11:20

I awakened with a shock and leapt from my bed in a hazy, medicine-induced stupor; the rap at the door beckoning me to its threshold. Peeking through the door's tiny porthole, a sly smile curled across my unshaven face.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Thank you so very much, Tex. The pillowcases' craftsmanship are only surpassed by their comfort, and they're exactly what the doctor ordered for a sickly Bones the day before Christmas.

by Tex @, Saturday, December 28, 2013, 11:29 (3769 days ago) @ Bones

Glad to know they're already providing you with comfort! I had an absolute blast making them.

Get well soon and don't worry, they're drool-friendly.

Merry Christmas!

EPIC GIFT!!

by SEspider, Saturday, December 28, 2013, 21:03 (3769 days ago) @ Bones

- No text -

by SEspider, Saturday, December 28, 2013, 21:00 (3769 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Here's a link to my gift:
http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1190151

To my SS recipient, as soon as I get the time, I'll digitally ink and color your gift for ya. ;)

by roland ⌂ @, Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 13:57 (3751 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I'm late with my update, but my gift was delayed a bit until last week.

I received the fantastic Bungie Town poster from my secret santa! For those unfamiliar it looks like this http://www.bungiestore.com/Bungie-Town/M/B005BFYYUQ.htm

I didn't have this and am honored to have received it! Thanks so much!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread