What's Up With Fanfic? (DBO)

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Thursday, January 02, 2014, 12:30 (3756 days ago)

It's been a long time since the Fanfiction section of DBO got updated? Any particular reason for that?

Vale,
Perseus

What's Up With Fanfic?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, January 03, 2014, 07:17 (3756 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

It's been a long time since the Fanfiction section of DBO got updated? Any particular reason for that?

Vale,
Perseus

My bad. December's an insane month for me. I've been kind of ignoring anything that didn't involve surviving the month. The three items that have been languishing in the queue have been released now, though. Sorry about the wait.

What's Up With Fanfic?

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Friday, January 03, 2014, 14:27 (3755 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

My bad. December's an insane month for me. I've been kind of ignoring anything that didn't involve surviving the month. The three items that have been languishing in the queue have been released now, though. Sorry about the wait.

It's fine. I understand. Thanks for getting around to it. Now I need to start writing chapter 3 of my 'Introversion in the Key of D Minor' series!

Vale,
Perseus

What's Up With Fanfic?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, January 03, 2014, 17:31 (3755 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

It's fine. I understand. Thanks for getting around to it. Now I need to start writing chapter 3 of my 'Introversion in the Key of D Minor' series!

Vale,
Perseus

I'm surprised you haven't already started. :)

What's Up With Fanfic?

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Friday, January 03, 2014, 20:12 (3755 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Dunno why, but I prefer to wait until the previous chapter is already posted, that way I can be more flexible. I don't really even have any clue as to what the big adventure of the story will be (yes, there will of course be an adventure of some kind - it's a group of Guardians, what else are they gonna do), but I already know that the Fallen and maybe the Hive will be the main antagonists.

Vale,
Perseus

What's Up With Fanfic?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, January 06, 2014, 07:59 (3753 days ago) @ PerseusSpartacus

Dunno why, but I prefer to wait until the previous chapter is already posted, that way I can be more flexible. I don't really even have any clue as to what the big adventure of the story will be (yes, there will of course be an adventure of some kind - it's a group of Guardians, what else are they gonna do), but I already know that the Fallen and maybe the Hive will be the main antagonists.

Vale,
Perseus

I'm not sure how waiting for a chapter to go live changes the flexibility of your storytelling. I would assume that the story would progress apace regardless of who can see it.

See, now I'm curious about your process... :)

What's Up With Fanfic?

by PerseusSpartacus, G'rndl Prime, Friday, January 10, 2014, 11:57 (3748 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

See, now I'm curious about your process... :)

Well, there's not much process to speak of. I write a chapter, upload it, wait for it to get posted, and then get writing on the next one. All the while I'm gradually thinking up ideas for where to go with the story. That's pretty much it. Not very efficient, I know, but somehow I just like it.

Vale,
Perseus

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread