I'm wishing... (DBO)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 15:32 (3719 days ago)

I'd gotten around to setting up an official screenshots gallery here at DBO.

For the second time in as many weeks, I've seen a post from Bungie announcing new screenshots, and added it to our front page... before figuring out that it's just new to ONE PARTICULAR PLACE. (In today's case, those screens are new to Facebook. But they're the same pics that went up last week on their website.)

I can only see 8 shots at a time on their media page, so trying to figure out if a screen is new is difficult (and that's not always the first place they're posted, anyway).

Bleh.

Mostly, this is just an apology for recycled news on our front page. :(

I'm wishing...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 15:51 (3719 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by Xenos, Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 15:58

No apology needed, with so many news sources today it's hard to tell sometimes whats new or not.

If it helps Claude, I always post on the forum if I find legitimately new screenshots.

...within 10 seconds of them being released!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 18:55 (3719 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

I'm wishing...

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 15:53 (3719 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You're a loose cannon, Errera.

I'd ask for your badge and gun, but dammit you get results.

This is why 'Social Media' sucks right now

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 18:26 (3719 days ago) @ Claude Errera

[image]
Reposts. Reposts EVERYWHERE.

I'm wishing...

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Tuesday, January 21, 2014, 18:59 (3719 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Mostly, this is just an apology for recycled news on our front page. :(

I'll get in on that. Sorry!

When we release 17 new hi-res screens in a Bungie Weekly Update, we know that you'll see them. You're the laser-focused detectives of the community. The ~950K people who invited us into their Facebook news readers (for various historic reasons) need more chances to intercept the message. We're competing with an endless sea of pictures of what people are having for dinner.

All week long, the parade of "new" screenshots will continue on Facebook.

Keep Calm, and Remain Awesome.

Love, DeeJ

I'm wishing...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, January 22, 2014, 07:15 (3718 days ago) @ DeeJ

We're competing with an endless sea of pictures of what people are having for dinner.

That's Twitter. Everyone knows that Facebook is all baby pictures. And from your galleries, it's clear that the Bungie infant department isn't pulling its weight.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread