Overworld map confirmed? (Destiny)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, March 04, 2014, 14:22 (3678 days ago)

Again on G+'s Destiny's official page:

Did You Know: In Destiny, you'll use a map to plan your adventures and discover new territory.

Damn, this G+ page is getting juicy as of lately.

Overworld map confirmed?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, March 04, 2014, 14:23 (3678 days ago) @ ZackDark

I always loved the map in ODST. Will be nice to have that kind of thing back.

Overworld map confirmed?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, March 04, 2014, 14:28 (3678 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I always loved the map in ODST. Will be nice to have that kind of thing back.

I hope we can get physical copies.

If I pick up a book and there's a map in inside, there's a damn good chance I'll like it. Games that come with maps in the box tend to have the same effect, and go up on the bulletin board, too!

Overworld map confirmed?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, March 04, 2014, 14:35 (3678 days ago) @ Leviathan

I hope we can get physical copies.

If I pick up a book and there's a map in inside, there's a damn good chance I'll like it. Games that come with maps in the box tend to have the same effect, and go up on the bulletin board, too!

THIS

However, killing everyone's joy, Destiny is supposed to be expandable, so I doubt it'll make much sense to have a fixed map.

UNLESS IT'S AN E-INK GIANT BOARD

(Hey, hopes and dreams, y'all. Hopes and dreams)

Overworld map confirmed?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, March 04, 2014, 15:13 (3678 days ago) @ ZackDark

However, killing everyone's joy, Destiny is supposed to be expandable, so I doubt it'll make much sense to have a fixed map.

What if every major expansion comes with a NEW map?!?

Overworld map confirmed?

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, March 04, 2014, 15:16 (3678 days ago) @ Xenos

YES. Listen to this man, Bungie. I want to assemble a stellar map in a big 3-ring binder by the end of our Destiny.

Overworld map confirmed?

by petetheduck, Tuesday, March 04, 2014, 18:20 (3677 days ago) @ Leviathan

YES. Listen to this man, Bungie. I want to assemble a stellar map in a big 3-ring binder by the end of our Destiny.

Let's print DBO.

Overworld map confirmed?

by Quirel, Tuesday, March 04, 2014, 22:46 (3677 days ago) @ petetheduck

Let's print DBO.

Easier than printing Wikipedia.

Overworld map confirmed?

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Thursday, March 06, 2014, 05:38 (3676 days ago) @ Leviathan

I would pay good money for a physical map.

Overworld map confirmed?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, March 04, 2014, 14:47 (3678 days ago) @ ZackDark

Twitter, too. I think this is the first confirmation of such a feature, right?

Overworld map confirmed?

by Ison ⌂, Sunday, March 09, 2014, 13:41 (3673 days ago) @ ZackDark

I wonder if that maybe a use for the Destiny app, to be able to see where you are and where you want to go without a mini map in you tv screen. Since the world of Destiny is really big this might be a great way to know where to go and where things are.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread