Desiny Website Updated (Is Fancy) (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 18:36 (3649 days ago)
edited by Xenos, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 18:46

Looks like Bungie updated the Destiny website recently. Like a lot. Go see it!

* Choosing a Guardian class lets you see a highlight reel for gamplay with each class, a SMALL amount of which has never been seen before.
* The Game section is similar to the "Story" page on Bungie.net but much prettier and with some new information. Venus and Mars are on there for instance! I guess the Vanguard got back to them.
* The orbital views of each destination are GORGEOUS.

Notice anything awesome? Let the forum know!

This site is ballin

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 19:24 (3649 days ago) @ Xenos

So much cool stuff in there I don't remember seeing before. Good to see the Bungie tradition of putting small silly things on big lackadaisical enemies is alive and well

Desiny Website Updated (Is Fancy)

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 19:35 (3649 days ago) @ Xenos

I've been out of it for a while but the stuff about the academy on Venus is new to me. Kinda sounds like the library of Alexandria...probably a whole lot of interesting history to be uncovered there.

Cool to see it looks like they're amping up for the beta.

Beautiful

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 20:15 (3649 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by rliebherr, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 20:23

I think the Hunter wins best video.

Nice!

by GrimBrotherIII, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 20:45 (3649 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks for posting! Like it a lot!

My observations...

by GrimBrotherIII, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 20:53 (3649 days ago) @ Xenos

Some of my initial observations other than the obvious new format/animated menus, etc:

Armor - some small new details such as Warlock and Hunter head-gear that at least i haven't seen yet. Maybe just me, but all the gear i see looks more and more fantastic and i find that exiting.

Beta - The animation for the "Beta" tab shows a familiar event... Anyone else see a running trend with fighting that spider droid in Old Russia? I'm almost certain now that the Beta will be similar in nature content wise to the demo we saw at E3 2013.

My observations, cont.

by GrimBrotherIII, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 21:07 (3649 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

So after watching each of the new "See them in action" class videos, a few things that stood out are...

Titan - Some cool new reddish looking armor, and a SWEET new shot of a Titan apparently admiring his customized spacecraft (SICK!), and how about those cool spin-around freeze-frame shots!?

Warlock - Some sweet looking new gear as well, what looks like a very nifty teleportation ability (What!?) and how about that Magic attack that blasted that Fallen captain into small bits?

Hunter - Least amount of new footage, but still some shiny new gear, and a really cool new shot of the short-range teleport ability we've seen from the Hunter class... oh, and CAPES.

My observations, cont.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 04:44 (3649 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

So after watching each of the new "See them in action" class videos, a few things that stood out are...

Titan - Some cool new reddish looking armor, and a SWEET new shot of a Titan apparently admiring his customized spacecraft (SICK!), and how about those cool spin-around freeze-frame shots!?

Warlock - Some sweet looking new gear as well, what looks like a very nifty teleportation ability (What!?) and how about that Magic attack that blasted that Fallen captain into small bits?

Hunter - Least amount of new footage, but still some shiny new gear, and a really cool new shot of the short-range teleport ability we've seen from the Hunter class... oh, and CAPES.

For the Warlock, as much as I hope for some sort of teleport, it might be a Cloak ability.

My observations, cont.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 17:43 (3648 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

That Titan armor is absolutely gorgeous. My Warlock would be a little jealous, but the unicorn helmet actually manages to look cool rather than ridiculous.

My observations...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 08:13 (3649 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

Beta - The animation for the "Beta" tab shows a familiar event... Anyone else see a running trend with fighting that spider droid in Old Russia? I'm almost certain now that the Beta will be similar in nature content wise to the demo we saw at E3 2013.

It would make sense. Presumably that area/content was completed (or if not completed, at least ready for viewing) relatively early.

My observations...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 09:18 (3648 days ago) @ stabbim

I have the feeling that the beta will have portions of all the locations shown on the site. We might not get to see the entire map, but I think we'll get some kind of activity on each and a chance to fight a little of each enemy faction.

My observations...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 09:23 (3648 days ago) @ bluerunner

I have the feeling that the beta will have portions of all the locations shown on the site. We might not get to see the entire map, but I think we'll get some kind of activity on each and a chance to fight a little of each enemy faction.

If I don't get to smash some mechanical Vex faces with my mechanical fists I'll be pretty disappointed :)

Front Page Vids.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 04:55 (3649 days ago) @ Xenos

The forth vid - "You Legend Begins Now"

So pretty - I know, but look past all the explosions and there seems to be some type of support device/power on the ground in front of the tank.

Who drops it?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 08:03 (3649 days ago) @ Xenos

Couple of things from the videos:

Looks like Titans might have some sort of bubble shield-ish ability. It actually reminded me of the "biotic sphere" ability of the Asari Justicar character in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, at least visually.

Did I see a hunter throw a knife?

Seems like there's more to the Hunter's charged shot than just a damage increase. Splash damage?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 18:45 (3648 days ago) @ stabbim

Couple of things from the videos:

Looks like Titans might have some sort of bubble shield-ish ability. It actually reminded me of the "biotic sphere" ability of the Asari Justicar character in Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, at least visually.

Did I see a hunter throw a knife?

Seems like there's more to the Hunter's charged shot than just a damage increase. Splash damage?

[image]

Looks less like healing and more like saving. I wonder what its limits are? (Offnote: Famous last words)

You into knives stabbim?

by Veegie, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 18:47 (3648 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Boy does that game look cool!

You're so mean.

by GrimBrother One, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 19:01 (3648 days ago) @ Veegie

I love you. lol

A understatement well earned.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 19:25 (3648 days ago) @ Veegie

Based on all that I have seen. ;)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 19:17 (3648 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Titans appear to have a taste for the dramatic.

Me likey.

Armor lock omg

by petetheduck, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 15:49 (3647 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 16:03 (3647 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

God damn it. Can we go one game without a "press X to not die" ability?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 17:15 (3647 days ago) @ Schooly D

Something like this? Hell no. Rule of Cool clearly applies.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 17:26 (3647 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Rule of Cool clearly applies.

Rule of Cool only applies to cool stuff.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 18:12 (3647 days ago) @ uberfoop

Not dying during the heat of battle is cool.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 18:33 (3647 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by uberfoop, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 18:40

Simply not dying during the heat of battle, without clarification to the context, is not obviously either cool or uncool.

It's how you don't die.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 18:49 (3647 days ago) @ uberfoop

Simply not dying during the heat of battle, without clarification to the context, is not obviously either cool or uncool.

It's how you don't die.

You're picky about dying? Hey! Me Too! ;D

A.K.A

Here let me save you so we both don't die.

[image]

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 20:29 (3647 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I still think armor lock was cool.

+1

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 20:34 (3647 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 21:18 (3647 days ago) @ Leviathan

I like this human. He understands our ways.

Yep.

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, April 25, 2014, 05:33 (3647 days ago) @ Leviathan

I too always thought not dying was preferable.

Even if Armor Lock was OP when Reach launched, it mixed up the gameplay and made it a little less predicatalbe. Some will say it makes it less competitive but I always thought it was a fine addition to the AA. The TU Armor Lock is still pretty good but not as fun to use as before.

Yep.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, April 25, 2014, 09:02 (3646 days ago) @ breitzen

Some of my favorite moments in Reach were facing off with another Armor Lock-er and trying to fake each other out. Always tense and exciting. Competitive? You bet it was.

Since I'll probably roll Titan, I'm looking forward to jumping in all "big goddamn hero" like and throwing that baby up. Don't worry, kids, Phisto's here!

Yep.

by Avateur @, Friday, April 25, 2014, 10:58 (3646 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Some of my favorite moments in Reach were facing off with another Armor Lock-er and trying to fake each other out. Always tense and exciting. Competitive? You bet it was.

Ah, memories. Some of my favorite Armor Lock moments involve the poor, hapless individual who chose such an unfortunate armor ability trying to merely delay their inevitable demise at my hand. And by hand I usually mean Gravity Hammer. But you know how it is. :D

Yep.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 25, 2014, 11:20 (3646 days ago) @ Avateur

Ah, memories. Some of my favorite Armor Lock moments involve the poor, hapless individual who chose such an unfortunate armor ability trying to merely delay their inevitable demise at my hand. And by hand I usually mean Gravity Hammer. But you know how it is. :D

And that's why I never thought Armor Lock was all that overpowered. If someone kept a little distance and timed it right you're screwed. (Which is also why I usually charged at people when my shields were down and EMP them)

Yep.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, April 25, 2014, 11:49 (3646 days ago) @ Xenos

And that's why I never thought Armor Lock was all that overpowered. If someone kept a little distance and timed it right you're screwed. (Which is also why I usually charged at people when my shields were down and EMP them)

Exactly. Yeah, Avateur, I have some particularly hilarious memories of you schooling ALers. Good times.

Though to be fair, I got pretty good at the AL/beatdown move against you sword and hammers jerks. ;)

Yep.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, April 25, 2014, 12:47 (3646 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by uberfoop, Friday, April 25, 2014, 12:55

And that's why I never thought Armor Lock was all that overpowered.

Whether it's overpowered has relatively little to do with why it's awful for Reach's gameplay.

Edit: Also, "it's not overpowered when you have a power weapon" is a bizarre argument. If anything, Armor Lock's exit actually seems to give client-side preference to the person using AL, which overall tends to give them an advantage at close-quarters (if you don't happen to have a power weapon, obviously).

Media files

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 10:40 (3648 days ago) @ Xenos

Or just loop through them and drool

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, April 24, 2014, 14:33 (3647 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

The music for the class videos...

by LostSpartan, Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 11:08 (3648 days ago) @ Xenos

Was fantastic! Looking forward to what the rest of the game has to offer :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread