Hey, what happened to the DBO calendar? (DBO)

by petetheduck, Friday, April 25, 2014, 18:40 (3643 days ago)

- No text -

Hey, what happened to the DBO calendar?

by Claude Errera @, Friday, April 25, 2014, 19:45 (3643 days ago) @ petetheduck

I moved the server a couple of weeks ago - I didn't realize that would invalidate the key. :(

Duncan's gonna have to contact them and get a new one. Sorry. :(

by petetheduck, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 07:28 (3642 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I moved the server a couple of weeks ago - I didn't realize that would invalidate the key. :(

I was just thinking it'd be great to incorporate into the forum in some way, displaying this week's events.

I also had an odd idea where you could input your gamertag and it would add you to an 'available to play' list on the forum for 30-60 minutes. So you could drop on the forum and bam, there's a list of fellow DBO members looking to form a Fireteam.

Just stuff to help the community get together.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 28, 2014, 09:02 (3641 days ago) @ petetheduck

I was just thinking it'd be great to incorporate into the forum in some way, displaying this week's events.

I also had an odd idea where you could input your gamertag and it would add you to an 'available to play' list on the forum for 30-60 minutes. So you could drop on the forum and bam, there's a list of fellow DBO members looking to form a Fireteam.

Yes, and let's be able to filter it by platform.

Easier said than done, I realize.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, April 28, 2014, 10:02 (3641 days ago) @ petetheduck

I expect once we really start to see in earnest how Destiny works, especially first-hand, DBO will start to have a lot more content and neat community ideas like you mention. Even my original design for the frontpage had some aspects not currently included geared towards this thinking, but for the last year it's been hard to just keep some steady news on there.

At least I hope DBO will explode (in a good way) this summer/fall. But it's going to take work, more content-generators and the unbridled enthusiasm a Bungie game is known to illicit. I've already got some of those ideas for the front page returning and bouncing around in my head, just got to wait and see how best to make them work with Destiny as well as the most painless way to execute them so I don't earn the ire of Claude. :)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 28, 2014, 12:19 (3641 days ago) @ Leviathan

At least I hope DBO will explode (in a good way) this summer/fall. But it's going to take work, more content-generators and the unbridled enthusiasm a Bungie game is known to illicit. I've already got some of those ideas for the front page returning and bouncing around in my head, just got to wait and see how best to make them work with Destiny as well as the most painless way to execute them so I don't earn the ire of Claude. :)

If you're helping, there's no ire earned - even if it means more work from me. :)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread