Advanced forum search? (DBO)

by Jordan117 @, Ala-blam!-a, Saturday, April 26, 2014, 01:16 (3647 days ago)

Does DBO support (or will it ever support) the kind of advanced search HBO has? The interface there is a little clunky, but I always found it extremely useful to be able to search by user, subject, body, and date range, and still use it a few times per month to find years-old posts. Here, on the other hand, I can't even figure out a way to find my own posts.

Given that Destiny is a ten-year project, it would be nice to have a way to more precisely search what's sure to become an expansive and valuable archive of discussion.

I second this.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, April 26, 2014, 14:18 (3646 days ago) @ Jordan117

I'm pretty sure I have made more then 21 posts on DBO. O_o

Advanced forum search?

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, April 26, 2014, 15:06 (3646 days ago) @ Jordan117

Does DBO support (or will it ever support) the kind of advanced search HBO has? The interface there is a little clunky, but I always found it extremely useful to be able to search by user, subject, body, and date range, and still use it a few times per month to find years-old posts. Here, on the other hand, I can't even figure out a way to find my own posts.

Given that Destiny is a ten-year project, it would be nice to have a way to more precisely search what's sure to become an expansive and valuable archive of discussion.

It's a possibility - but it'll need to be fan-built, most likely. :) (Just like HBO's was.)

DBO uses my little forum: http://mylittleforum.net/

We've already added a few small tweaks (youtube embeds come to mind), but I'd certainly be open to adding more. (I just noticed there's an update available; installing it is going to require figuring out what tweaks I've added first. :) )

Anyone who's interested can grab the source code from sourceforge, and mess around! If the additions are good, we'll be happy to include them here.

Okay, that was easy.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, April 26, 2014, 15:36 (3646 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Sort of irrelevant, but the forum's been updated to 2.3.3. :)

(I haven't touched the search functions - apologies to anyone who got excited by the post subject.)

Dreams crushed

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, April 26, 2014, 16:05 (3646 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Oh Claude, you tease.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, April 26, 2014, 16:14 (3646 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread