DBO and the "bumping" of topics

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:14 (4080 days ago)

One thing I noticed is that DBO doesn't have some kind of "bumping" mechanism.

The way HBO handled it is that if a reply was made to a thread (or sub-thread) that was older than two days, only that reply would show up at the top of the list after it's submitted.

From what I am seeing, is that there is no such mechanic in DBO, or even a way to bump the topic back up to the top.

Is there a way to fix this?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:19 (4080 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Click the "Order" button. It changes the order to threads with the most recent replies. Your thread with the test reply was right below this one when I started typing this reply.

It's right next to the doom button

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 13:42 (4080 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

^^ What bluerunner said

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 14:12 (4080 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Monday, February 25, 2013, 07:25 (4075 days ago) @ bluerunner

Click the "Order" button. It changes the order to threads with the most recent replies. Your thread with the test reply was right below this one when I started typing this reply.

Ah, nice. I didn't even notice that. For some reason I resigned that option to switching between sorting from oldest/newest first. Cuz that makes perfect sense. =P
So is the page display time limit now static at 2 days? Or can that still be changed?

Looks like if sorted by latest reply, the entire thread is bumped to show on the page, not just from that reply down. (which is good, imo; showing the entire thread that is).

Definitely prefer latest reply date order to latest thread date. Didn't like re-visiting old pages to find new posts :)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 25, 2013, 14:27 (4075 days ago) @ thebruce

Since HBO is also set to two days, I guess it is on purpose.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread