Intoduction (DBO)

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 08:37 (3644 days ago)

Greetings all. Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself afore I set to posting with any sort of frequency. I've posted once in error w/o getting the intro out of the way. Please forgive me this oversight.

Introduction

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 08:46 (3644 days ago) @ DaDerga

Haha, I don't think there's anything wrong with jumping into the fray without a proper introduction.

But now that you've brought it up.

• What brings you to DBO?
  • What has been the thing that excites you the most about Destiny?
  • What did you think of the Devil's Lair reveal?

Welcome!

Introduction

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 09:58 (3644 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I thought not, but on reading the various fora descriptions it said to intro yourself here as a new member.
– Less chaff more wheat.
– Exploration/Lore (at the moment). Also "Quintessentially Bungie: that's Destiny right there." Wesley Yin-Poole in Eurogamer, 'nuff said.
– Looked great I thought. Can't have too high expectations for a portion game that's just come out of pre-alpha and is being shown at a hands-on presser.

Introduction

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, May 05, 2014, 05:56 (3643 days ago) @ DaDerga

– Exploration/Lore (at the moment). Also "Quintessentially Bungie: that's Destiny right there." Wesley Yin-Poole in Eurogamer, 'nuff said.

Good stuff. Welcome to the party!

Introduction

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, May 05, 2014, 06:08 (3643 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Cheers, many thanks.

Hello and welcome to DBO!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 13:17 (3644 days ago) @ DaDerga

We graciously appreciate you choosing DBO for your Destiny discussion and spazzing needs, and from our family to yours, we hope your stay here is exemplary.

No pets, smoking or loitering.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 13:46 (3644 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Why thank you very much. I'll do my best to make my stay tolerable to the existing residents.

by Hyokin, New York, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 15:51 (3644 days ago) @ Grizzlei

We graciously appreciate you choosing DBO for your Destiny discussion and spazzing needs, and from our family to yours, we hope your stay here is exemplary.

No pets, smoking or loitering.

If incense counts, I've done all of those... MWAHAHA

I am the forum bad boy, aren't I?

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 16:38 (3644 days ago) @ Hyokin

I'll let Zack take this one.

Ask and thou shall receive

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, May 04, 2014, 16:42 (3644 days ago) @ Grizzlei

[image]

Needs more rainbow.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 17:50 (3644 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Rainbow? *img*

by Hyokin, New York, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 18:24 (3643 days ago) @ Beorn

How about Sparkles too?
[image]

Moer Rainbow? *img*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 18:39 (3643 days ago) @ Hyokin

How about Sparkles too?
[image]

Sparkles? Bitch please.

Lens Flares. Always and forever. :P

[image]

Bookmarking this thread right now

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, May 04, 2014, 18:50 (3643 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Moer Rainbow? *img*

by Hyokin, New York, Monday, May 05, 2014, 06:48 (3643 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

How about Sparkles too?
[image]

Sparkles? Bitch please.

Lens Flares. Always and forever. :P

[image]

But... sparkles capture the mini-explosions of happiness that people experience when I rudely interrupt their introduction threads and change them to be about me!

Intoduction

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 13:45 (3644 days ago) @ DaDerga

Greetings all. Just wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself afore I set to posting with any sort of frequency. I've posted once in error w/o getting the intro out of the way. Please forgive me this oversight.

You posted once BEFORE introducing your self!? Oh no... Oh no no no no NO! This surely won't do. And... and then you expect us to just; What - FORGIVE YOU?!

HA!

HA. HA!

Seeing as this is your first offence I think we shall be lenient, but if you are to do this again we will have no choice but to smother your legs with honey and sic Hedge on you. May what ever God(s) you believe in have mercy on your soul.

Oh...and welcome to DBO too. I guess.

;)

Intoduction

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 14:11 (3644 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I appreciate your leniency. Cheers. :)

HAHA. BANT

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 16:07 (3644 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

Intoduction

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 09:24 (3642 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

A new person... here? You better leave before we argue at you. Just kidding, this is actually a really nice place. Welcome to DBO!

But I like being argued at...

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 11:04 (3642 days ago) @ TDSpiral

Cheers, thanks for the welcome.

Intoduction

by Jillybean, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 15:49 (3644 days ago) @ DaDerga

We've also got an IRC if you want to join us. At the moment we're discussing whether Richard Gere and Julia Roberts actually have any chemistry

http://teamschoolyd.org/chat

Intoduction

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 18:24 (3643 days ago) @ Jillybean

We've also got an IRC if you want to join us. At the moment we're discussing whether Richard Gere and Julia Roberts actually have any chemistry

I'll take that under consideration. I have just learned what IRC means.

Intoduction

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 19:15 (3643 days ago) @ Jillybean

Damn it, Jilly. Part of what makes TSDIRC so appealing and fun is its exclusivity. If you just go around linking to our chat room willy-nilly, people will start clicking on those links. They'll become part of the group, garnering a unique identity among the huddled masses.

Indeed, by joining our server they'll have successfully spited us. We can't have that.

Intoduction

by Quirel, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 20:43 (3643 days ago) @ Schooly D

Damn it, Jilly. Part of what makes TSDIRC so appealing and fun is its exclusivity. If you just go around linking to our chat room willy-nilly, people will start clicking on those links. They'll become part of the group, garnering a unique identity among the huddled masses.

Indeed, by joining our server they'll have successfully spited us. We can't have that.

Alright, I'm back. Just finished posting that link on Reddit and 4chan.

Oh look! A LINK! :D

by Hyokin, New York, Monday, May 05, 2014, 06:49 (3643 days ago) @ Quirel

- No text -

Hi

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 18:35 (3643 days ago) @ DaDerga

Welcome!

Hi

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 18:37 (3643 days ago) @ Kermit

Thank you, appreciated. :)

Intoduction

by Avateur @, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 18:53 (3643 days ago) @ DaDerga

Much greetings. You've shown up at a great time. Info releases, E3s around corners, Betas. In no time this game will be launched, and you'll be Legend. And the best part (I know right, the best part isn't everything I just named?!), you'll be Legend with the best Bungie fan group around.

Grazie

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, May 05, 2014, 04:01 (3643 days ago) @ Avateur

Thanks for the welcome.

Intoduction

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 20:45 (3643 days ago) @ DaDerga

Welcome to DBO! Make yourself at home. I think we've got a pretty friendly crowd here, so feel free to ask any questions you may have about this site. :)

Have you been an active member of any other gaming communities before finding yourself here? Just curious.

Intoduction

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, May 05, 2014, 04:06 (3643 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Have you been an active member of any other gaming communities before finding yourself here? Just curious.

My only other active gaming haunt is Bnet. Truth be told no other game has prompted me to active participation before.

Intoduction

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Monday, May 05, 2014, 00:17 (3643 days ago) @ DaDerga

Another lamb for the slaughter ;-).

Heh, welcome to DBO, glad to see everyone has been so welcoming.
God it'll be great to finally play Destiny, won't it?

They most certainly have.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, May 05, 2014, 04:09 (3643 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

Heh, welcome to DBO, glad to see everyone has been so welcoming.
God it'll be great to finally play Destiny, won't it?

Ta muchly for the greetings. The wait is delicious, but yes it will.

Intoduction

by petetheduck, Monday, May 05, 2014, 06:02 (3643 days ago) @ DaDerga

Welcome! I'm surprised you found this place, what with it not having a frontpage and all.

No Frontpage

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, May 05, 2014, 06:11 (3643 days ago) @ petetheduck

Matthew 7:7

Intoduction

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, May 05, 2014, 06:44 (3643 days ago) @ petetheduck

Welcome! I'm surprised you found this place, what with it not having a frontpage and all.

We have a front page. His name is Xenos.

Intoduction

by Avateur @, Monday, May 05, 2014, 17:29 (3643 days ago) @ bluerunner

We have a front page. His name is Xenos.

That, and only HBO doesn't have a front page. I think pete is getting his BO confused. He should go take a cool shower and think about this harder.

So many ways

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, May 05, 2014, 17:34 (3643 days ago) @ Avateur

I think pete is getting his BO confused. He should go take a cool shower and think about this harder.

...to misinterpret that sentence.

So many ways

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 09:28 (3642 days ago) @ DaDerga

I think pete is getting his BO confused. He should go take a cool shower and think about this harder.

...to misinterpret that sentence.

Avateur does the DBO fanfiction around here. ;)

Welcome.

Hallo there!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Monday, May 05, 2014, 08:09 (3643 days ago) @ DaDerga

Welcome to the fireteam!

Merci Beaucoup

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, May 05, 2014, 08:34 (3643 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Cheers!

Confirmed: Fireteams can have 647+ members.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, May 05, 2014, 08:57 (3643 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Welcome to the fireteam!

Whoops, so much for that NDA...

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Monday, May 05, 2014, 10:55 (3643 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Hiya!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, May 05, 2014, 09:17 (3643 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

Danke!

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, May 05, 2014, 16:53 (3643 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Intoduction

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 10:46 (3642 days ago) @ DaDerga

Welcome.

Just remember if I ever reply to you in all caps, it's nothing personal. :-p

Intoduction

by Quirel, Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 11:15 (3642 days ago) @ DaDerga

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay with the community.

While you're here, be sure to join in on some of the gameplay and story speculation pages, get involved with community customs and game nights, sign your organ donor card, geek out over released art, and help plan DBO's next great LAN get-together!

Intoduction

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 12:46 (3642 days ago) @ Quirel

I hope you enjoy your stay with the community.

I already am. As for the rest, can do. Thank you.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread