Grimoire (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 23:35 (3604 days ago)

Take a look at the Grimoire if you are in the Alpha, there is some awesome detail in there. For example on the back of the Guardians card:

"Chosen from the dead by the Traveler's Ghosts, Guardians are those rare few able to wield the Traveler's Light as a weapon."

(Emphasis mine)

I am going to be sinking a lot of time into reading every card I can find.

Grimoire

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 01:01 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

Excellent, please post more as you come across them. I'm in the mood to ruminate.[image]
Thanks in advance.

Grimoire

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 13, 2014, 04:55 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

Take a look at the Grimoire if you are in the Alpha, there is some awesome detail in there. For example on the back of the Guardians card:

"Chosen from the dead by the Traveler's Ghosts, Guardians are those rare few able to wield the Traveler's Light as a weapon."

(Emphasis mine)

Unfortunately, a lot of the cards are redacted. You can technically unlock them but there's no information, but there's another card that has the line: "Every Ghost seeks out its Guardian among the ancient dead." The implications of this is huge! It actually makes the ability to revive a fallen Guardian fit better into the lore of the game, which I can't wait to dig into further.

That's To Be Expected

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 05:55 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

It's only fitting that all that be held back until release but the snippets are tantalising.

"Every Ghost seeks out its Guardian among the ancient dead." The implications of this is huge! It actually makes the ability to revive a fallen Guardian fit better into the lore of the game, which I can't wait to dig into further.

Exactly along the lines that I was thinking, and have done, for some time. Thanks for the share.

That's To Be Expected

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:04 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

It's only fitting that all that be held back until release but the snippets are tantalising.

Oh, I completely agree, on both counts. I'd very much rather wait until the game launches to fully delve into the story behind this universe, but all this serves to show just how tip-of-the-iceberg this Alpha really is.

Grimoire

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:18 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

(Emphasis mine)

Unfortunately, a lot of the cards are redacted. You can technically unlock them but there's no information, but there's another card that has the line: "Every Ghost seeks out its Guardian among the ancient dead." The implications of this is huge! It actually makes the ability to revive a fallen Guardian fit better into the lore of the game, which I can't wait to dig into further.

A bunch of things just clicked for me. Suddenly I feel like I have a much better idea of where things are probably going now.

I'd suggest folks read a couple of the Black Company books. Thanks to Mig for passing them on to me a while back.

~m

Grimoire

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:22 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

A bunch of things just clicked for me. Suddenly I feel like I have a much better idea of where things are probably going now.

That's almost as much of a tease as the Grimoire itself. :)

Grimoire

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:54 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

That's almost as much of a tease as the Grimoire itself. :)

I'm going to speculate that the Traveller and the Darkness both have power over life and death. For the Traveller, it manifests in the Ghost technology, with them seeking out a Guardian from the dead, and all that. (I'm guessing also that the Traveller's power is waning, which is why it has to fall to resurrecting scraps of humanity in order to amass the strength to fight back the Darkness.)

For the Darkness, I think the Dark Patrol concept art we've seen is an indication of what we'll see; that it, in Flood-like fashion, will either possess or reanimate legions of our enemies, regardless of faction or race, and use them as one great army. So we have a bunch of individual living factions, and then the Darkness which uses them all. Whether the AI will function differently in that context remains to be seen, but even the normal AI working cohesively together using all the best traits of each faction would be terrifying enough.

Of course, I could be wildly wrong.

~m

Grimoire

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:59 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

but even the normal AI working cohesively together using all the best traits of each faction would be terrifying enough.

No kidding. I had just one fight last night where I landed in the middle of a scuffle between Fallen and Hive -- and both turned on me. I had to retreat in order to regroup for a moment. Can't imagine what it'd be like to have to face down a group of Fallen, Hive, Cabal, and Vex all working together.

This is actually pretty good speculation. I like it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:05 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

The Eternal Caveat

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:22 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

Of course, I could be wildly wrong.

Plus one. :)

Grimoire

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:25 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

Personally, I reckon of the antagonist Races shown that the Hive are the only direct agents of The Darkness. The others are merely pursuing their own agendas.

Grimoire

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:52 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

Personally, I reckon of the antagonist Races shown that the Hive are the only direct agents of The Darkness. The others are merely pursuing their own agendas.

Can you point me to what makes you think this?

I never got the impression the Hive were directly in service of the Darkness. Though I agree that out of any of the factions, they seem like they would be it.

But IIRC, didn't one of those early concept race banners show the hive as independent of the Darkness?

~m

Grimoire

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:00 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

I'm fairly certain that Hive Wizards are said he use the powers of Darkness... Can't find the reference though.

Grimoire

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 13:34 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

Hive Trailer

This newly released taster for the Hive seems to suggest a direct agency. Especially at the beginning and at the 26 sec mark with the trio of Hive Wizards. Caveat I am just speculating here. It seems to have the smoke/black mist that on the mood sketch indicates the Darkness.

But IIRC, didn't one of those early concept race banners show the hive as independent of the Darkness?

[image]

This one indeed shows them as a separate race but that may have changed, note the fact that it also shows the Hive as the ones with the escaping soul. That is now how a quality of the Fallen. I 'm taking it that the Darkness has been changed from an antagonistic "race" of enemies to something more Lovecraftian. I hope that clarifies.

Grimoire

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 14:45 (3603 days ago) @ DaDerga

Hive Trailer

This newly released taster for the Hive seems to suggest a direct agency. Especially at the beginning and at the 26 sec mark with the trio of Hive Wizards. Caveat I am just speculating here. It seems to have the smoke/black mist that on the mood sketch indicates the Darkness.

[image]

This one indeed shows them as a separate race but that may have changed, note the fact that it also shows the Hive as the ones with the escaping soul. That is now how a quality of the Fallen. I 'm taking it that the Darkness has been changed from an antagonistic "race" of enemies to something more Lovecraftian. I hope that clarifies.

Sure does, thanks.

It may just be a combination of those banners and a few wild notions, but I've been thinking all along that the Darkness is more of a greater force opposing the light than a faction, per se. Otherwise, why would there be a distinction between the Darkness and The Hive?

There's just something about that lone figure, I guess. I keep expecting there to be a single avatar representative of the whole, a foil to the Traveller, I suppose.

But given we're already seeing tangible departures from that early concept, well. It's not like we'll have to wait that long to find out for sure

~m

Grimoire

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 15:40 (3603 days ago) @ Malagate

I've been thinking all along that the Darkness is more of a greater force opposing the light than a faction, per se. Otherwise, why would there be a distinction between the Darkness and The Hive?

There's just something about that lone figure, I guess. I keep expecting there to be a single avatar representative of the whole, a foil to the Traveller, I suppose.

[image]

I wholeheartedly agree with you. You can never have enough Dark Emissary action IMO. ;)

Hah! This is one of the exact images I've had in mind.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, June 16, 2014, 05:44 (3601 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

Grimoire

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 15:56 (3603 days ago) @ Malagate

I've been thinking all along that the Darkness is more of a greater force opposing the light than a faction, per se. Otherwise, why would there be a distinction between the Darkness and The Hive?

Forgot to address that bit. I see the Hive as a (possibly corrupted) subject race of the force or entity(ies) that is the Darkness in a similar vein to Tolkien's Orcs and their relationship with Morgoth. It's formulaic at this stage but not unexpected and as long as it's handled properly, satisfactory.

Grimoire

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, June 16, 2014, 05:40 (3601 days ago) @ DaDerga

Forgot to address that bit. I see the Hive as a (possibly corrupted) subject race of the force or entity(ies) that is the Darkness in a similar vein to Tolkien's Orcs and their relationship with Morgoth. It's formulaic at this stage but not unexpected and as long as it's handled properly, satisfactory.

Yep, that's where my thinking is currently at, as well.

~m

Grimoire — 2 Pics — Hive

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, June 16, 2014, 05:51 (3601 days ago) @ Malagate

[image]

[image]

Grimoire — 2 Pics — Hive

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 16, 2014, 07:27 (3601 days ago) @ DaDerga

From image - That shiver you feel up your spine is truth. There are nightmares rising from the shadows, and they hunger for our dying hope

Bungie has a writer that speaks as I tend to. :O

Grimoire

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 10:22 (3603 days ago) @ Malagate

I never got the impression the Hive were directly in service of the Darkness.

Die on the story mission (the one with the Hive hidden in the lunar array station), and you get the message "The Darkness has consumed you".

Grimoire

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 10:34 (3603 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Die on the story mission (the one with the Hive hidden in the lunar array station), and you get the message "The Darkness has consumed you".

An interesting snippet, thanks for that.

Grimoire

by petetheduck, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 11:34 (3603 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I never got the impression the Hive were directly in service of the Darkness.

Are there story missions that don't have Hive in them, and if so what message is displayed then?

Not in the Alpha

by RC ⌂, UK, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 12:56 (3603 days ago) @ petetheduck

Are there story missions that don't have Hive in them, and if so what message is displayed then?

One Story, one strike, one free-roam mode.

There's a story mission!?!

by scarab @, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 01:58 (3602 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Where, how do you get that?

Talking of darkness. I've had missions from the beacons telling me to give the forces of darkness a lesson and the way I had to do it was to kill fallen.

But, seriously, am I missing out on a story mission?

There's a story mission!?!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 02:07 (3602 days ago) @ scarab

Where, how do you get that?

There is only one, it's the one you play when you create your story. It's also the activity on Earth in the director on the left hand side.

Ah, that one

by scarab @, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 12:29 (3602 days ago) @ Xenos

I thought that Cody was talking about a story mission on the moon.

Grimoire

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:43 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

"Every Ghost seeks out its Guardian among the ancient dead." The implications of this is huge! It actually makes the ability to revive a fallen Guardian fit better into the lore of the game, which I can't wait to dig into further.

Awesome! I woner if this is BUNGiE's way of saying that we really are our guardians. That we are the ancient dead that get revived.

Grimoire

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:45 (3604 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Awesome! I woner if this is BUNGiE's way of saying that we really are our guardians. That we are the ancient dead that get revived.

Oh man, I didn't think of that! That's awesome!

Grimoire

by petetheduck, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:46 (3604 days ago) @ Mr Daax

It also could mean that the darkness actually did wipe out humanity completely. No one survived.

Grimoire

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:52 (3604 days ago) @ petetheduck

But it seem's that Guardians are to be found only in the Tower. Who then the population of the Last City? Surely survivors.

Grimoire

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:01 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

But it seem's that Guardians are to be found only in the Tower. Who then the population of the Last City? Surely survivors.

My impression is that humanity was in fact wiped from Earth, hence the armed astronauts landing here (from another of our worlds) and seeing the Traveller. That was the moment of humanity's reclaiming Earth. Then the city sprung up under the protection of the Traveller. Then the task was set for Ghosts to seek out and resurrect human Guardians, and reanimate Exos, etc. (I've got no theories on the Awoken) I'm guessing we're all mighty ancient warriors that had fallen in battle and somehow can be discerned from other corpses as worthy of resurrection.

At least that's how it reads to me. The beginning of the Gameplay Experience trailer makes me think that, anyway.

~m

Grimoire

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:18 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

My impression is that humanity was in fact wiped from Earth, hence the armed astronauts landing here (from another of our worlds) and seeing the Traveller. That was the moment of humanity's reclaiming Earth. Then the city sprung up under the protection of the Traveller. Then the task was set for Ghosts to seek out and resurrect human Guardians, and reanimate Exos, etc. (I've got no theories on the Awoken) I'm guessing we're all mighty ancient warriors that had fallen in battle and somehow can be discerned from other corpses as worthy of resurrection.

At least that's how it reads to me. The beginning of the Gameplay Experience trailer makes me think that, anyway.

~m

If the Traveler is the Vanguard of Life like you were saying earlier, it makes sense that perching over the dead ruin of Earth, he would have sprung new life. Could it be that the Earth is unlivable for humans without the Traveler now? (I meant environmentally)

Grimoire

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:29 (3604 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

~m

If the Traveler is the Vanguard of Life like you were saying earlier, it makes sense that perching over the dead ruin of Earth, he would have sprung new life. Could it be that the Earth is unlivable for humans without the Traveler now? (I meant environmentally)

Makes plenty of sense to me.

Does that make the Darkness the Vanguard of Death?

~m

[image]

Grimoire

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:15 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

What does it say when all guardians die in a mission? The darkness has overtaken you? I was wondering about the meaning of that last night

Valhalla Emptied

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:33 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

The mighty dead issuing forth to fight at Ragnarok. A new future for Humanity in the aftermath.

Grimoire

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:06 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

I like this too, but what I got from the trailer was that it was in Mars and the Traveler was terraforming it. Goosebumps all over at that part of the trailer.

Grimoire

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:10 (3604 days ago) @ ZackDark

I like this too, but what I got from the trailer was that it was in Mars and the Traveler was terraforming it. Goosebumps all over at that part of the trailer.

Eh, after another look, you may be right. I'm not sure why I got the distinct impression they were landing on Earth.

...I kind of like the idea that we'd have to reclaim Earth to start, though.

~m

Grimoire

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:29 (3604 days ago) @ ZackDark

That's what I thought, too. Hence why it made a point of the rain starting to fall.

Damn Good Call

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:27 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

My impression is that humanity was in fact wiped from Earth, hence the armed astronauts landing here (from another of our worlds) and seeing the Traveller. That was the moment of humanity's reclaiming Earth.

I had not considered that. Impressive, most impressive.

I don't buy it.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 13, 2014, 10:58 (3604 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by Kermit, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:14

It also could mean that the darkness actually did wipe out humanity completely. No one survived.

That doesn't jive with the narrative we've heard so far--"very few of us survived, and those that did owe their lives to the Traveler."

Watch the first five minutes of Pathways Out of Darkness again.

Agreed

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:05 (3604 days ago) @ Kermit

It'd be interesting, but doesn't fit well.

Actually, on a second thought, it sounds a bit too Deus Ex Machina, if we got completely wiped out but were brought back. Sounds a lot better to think that the ones who returned are special in some way.

Agreed

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:26 (3604 days ago) @ ZackDark

Actually, on a second thought, it sounds a bit too Deus Ex Machina, if we got completely wiped out but were brought back. Sounds a lot better to think that the ones who returned are special in some way.

Eeeeeeeh.

I don't know about any other English majors here, but that seems a misapplication of the term. This isn't a third act ass-saving maneuver by eagles swooping down over Mount Doom; this is setting the stage.

For me, humanity being wiped out and then resurrected from a truly dead civilization holds more promise. That is a story that intrigues me more than the alternative. It makes me wonder how many other civilizations the Darkness has truly wiped out that we might pick over in the future.

And really, aren't Guardians selected from the ranks of fallen warriors indeed special? I mean, for the Traveller or Ghosts to be able to somehow discern that seems that there is some quality that would set them apart from humanity itself right from the break.

(As an aside, the idea that normal Humanity would be uneasy or even outright fear the Guardians is a more tenacious idea for me the longer I think about it. I'm hoping we get some subplots to that effect.)

~m

Agreed

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:32 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

Eeeeeeeh.

I don't know about any other English majors here, but that seems a misapplication of the term. This isn't a third act ass-saving maneuver by eagles swooping down over Mount Doom; this is setting the stage.

Setting the stage for us, players. Ass-saving for the Golden Age humans.

I mean, if it can resurrect just about anyone, why didn't it do that as soon as the first human died?

Now, if it can only resurrect a few, lest it spend its entire energy, suddenly resurrection holds a lot more weight.

Agreed

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:44 (3604 days ago) @ ZackDark

Now, if it can only resurrect a few, lest it spend its entire energy, suddenly resurrection holds a lot more weight.

The cards in Grimoire (sorry I'm at work, can't quote it) basically say that it's one Ghost per Guardian, and that Ghosts are a limited resource.

Agreed

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:55 (3604 days ago) @ ZackDark

Eeeeeeeh.

Setting the stage for us, players. Ass-saving for the Golden Age humans.

I mean, if it can resurrect just about anyone, why didn't it do that as soon as the first human died?

It would make sense that the Traveller would selectively pick which humans to resurrect; figuring that the bang-for-the-buck in regards to lethality would need to be maximized. Especially if the energy (or what-have-you) that it uses is a limited resource.

~m

Agreed

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:34 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

Eeeeeeeh.

For me, humanity being wiped out and then resurrected from a truly dead civilization holds more promise. That is a story that intrigues me more than the alternative. It makes me wonder how many other civilizations the Darkness has truly wiped out that we might pick over in the future.

And really, aren't Guardians selected from the ranks of fallen warriors indeed special? I mean, for the Traveller or Ghosts to be able to somehow discern that seems that there is some quality that would set them apart from humanity itself right from the break.

(As an aside, the idea that normal Humanity would be uneasy or even outright fear the Guardians is a more tenacious idea for me the longer I think about it. I'm hoping we get some subplots to that effect.)

~m

I'm confused. Are you saying humanity is wiped out and resurrected or just the guardians are resurrected? You seem to be saying both things, and they aren't the same.

Agreed

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:50 (3604 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm confused. Are you saying humanity is wiped out and resurrected or just the guardians are resurrected? You seem to be saying both things, and they aren't the same.

Ah, well, I guess I like the idea that we were at least wiped from Earth, but it doesn't really appear that that's the case. Because yes, it seems the Guardians are the only ones that get that privilege, and there are still normal humans walking around doing their thing.

Though honestly, were I the one writing, I feel it would be more compelling (not to mention much more poignant) that we really were all dead, and the Traveller could only save itself (and life altogether) in a last-ditch play by resurrecting us. Our whole existence from that point would be because of the Traveller. We'd have to reclaim a civilization that we, in the end, really didn't have any right to, being dead.

Or one could argue we did have that right; the Darkness being a jerk and robbing us of life, and the Traveller would just be doing the best it could, which really wouldn't be the same as preserving our lives, despite all its power.

That would start to grey things up in a way that I like. Humanity would be this kind of puppet in the service of the Traveller, not really having an independent life of its own, but serving the Light in its renewed spread across the galaxy.

~m

I liked that

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:03 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Agreed

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:15 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

Ah, well, I guess I like the idea that we were at least wiped from Earth, but it doesn't really appear that that's the case. Because yes, it seems the Guardians are the only ones that get that privilege, and there are still normal humans walking around doing their thing.

Though honestly, were I the one writing, I feel it would be more compelling (not to mention much more poignant) that we really were all dead, and the Traveller could only save itself (and life altogether) in a last-ditch play by resurrecting us. Our whole existence from that point would be because of the Traveller. We'd have to reclaim a civilization that we, in the end, really didn't have any right to, being dead.

Or one could argue we did have that right; the Darkness being a jerk and robbing us of life, and the Traveller would just be doing the best it could, which really wouldn't be the same as preserving our lives, despite all its power.

That would start to grey things up in a way that I like. Humanity would be this kind of puppet in the service of the Traveller, not really having an independent life of its own, but serving the Light in its renewed spread across the galaxy.

~m

I like gray areas, too! The nature of (great) literature is ambiguity. (Too much gray, though, and it becomes really difficult to tell a meaningful story.) Another danger of having all humans be ghosts is the potential for this to be a gotcha story, where the twist feels like a cheat. That said, I get what you mean and I agree. Seems like they're going for classic archetypes right now. Black and white. That's a valuable approach that I don't have a problem with. What I've seen of the factions, though, hints that this is a complex world, one in which there is room to get muddy without messing with the basic formula. They've also got ten years to work with.

Agreed

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:19 (3604 days ago) @ Kermit

What I've seen of the factions, though, hints that this is a complex world, one in which there is room to get muddy without messing with the basic formula.

Yeah, especially with the clip of the Queen of the Reef being guarded by Fallen.

Agreed

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:21 (3604 days ago) @ Kermit

I like gray areas, too! The nature of (great) literature is ambiguity. (Too much gray, though, and it becomes really difficult to tell a meaningful story.) Another danger of having all humans be ghosts is the potential for this to be a gotcha story, where the twist feels like a cheat. That said, I get what you mean and I agree. Seems like they're going for classic archetypes right now. Black and white. That's a valuable approach that I don't have a problem with. What I've seen of the factions, though, hints that this is a complex world, one in which there is room to get muddy without messing with the basic formula. They've also got ten years to work with.

Agree on all points.

I would hope that if the story I like best so far in my head is anywhere near correct, it wouldn't be a Sixth Sense kind of gotcha. It would be revealed relatively early on and cause development in the plot as the new(re)born Humanity argues amongst itself as to whether we should stay in the service of the Traveller or strike out on our own, etc.

I think the only real grey area I see right now is the origin of the Traveller. And maybe the Queen of the Reef.

~m

Agreed

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:26 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

I think the only real grey area I see right now is the origin of the Traveller. And maybe the Queen of the Reef.

~m

Yeah, what Xenos said. Also, are you British Mr. Greybeard? ;)

Love ya m.

Agreed

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:40 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

~m

Heh. Let your eyes get used to the light level first.

How about this one: These races we're striking out against are not evil, they are desperate and scared! They too have been attacked by The Darkness and have either built a huge military machine to combat it (Cabal), fled from it (Fallen), taken extraordinary measures to save themselves (Vex and time travel), or were forced to embrace it (Hive). And now after searching so long for something to save them (The Traveler) they find it half dead orbiting a Darkness defeated world protected by ghostly warriors! Worse, all these other races are trying to beat their race to the prize! Instead of a Covenant of largely evil enemies, perhaps Humanity is fighting against races in great need.

or

Guardians and Fallen both seem to have souls. It's not unreasonable to think that perhaps the Vex aren't entirely mechanical. The Hive seem creepy and almost undead. Who knows what the Cabal are really like. What if instead of this being Humanity's epic struggle to take back our stolen system this is instead a solar system sized chess largely fought light and dark using infinitely respanawable pawns?!

Agreed

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:50 (3604 days ago) @ Ragashingo

~m

How about this one: These races we're striking out against are not evil, they are desperate and scared! They too have been attacked by The Darkness and have either built a huge military machine to combat it (Cabal), fled from it (Fallen), taken extraordinary measures to save themselves (Vex and time travel), or were forced to embrace it (Hive). And now after searching so long for something to save them (The Traveler) they find it half dead orbiting a Darkness defeated world protected by ghostly warriors! Worse, all these other races are trying to beat their race to the prize! Instead of a Covenant of largely evil enemies, perhaps Humanity is fighting against races in great need.

or

Guardians and Fallen both seem to have souls. It's not unreasonable to think that perhaps the Vex aren't entirely mechanical. The Hive seem creepy and almost undead. Who knows what the Cabal are really like. What if instead of this being Humanity's epic struggle to take back our stolen system this is instead a solar system sized chess largely fought light and dark using infinitely respanawable pawns?!

I like your first scenario better. Though I'm thinking the Vex could be far future mechanisms sent back (possibly by a civilization overcome by the Darkness) to change events in their past to keep the Darkness from spreading. They could see any efforts by other races in Destiny's time as irrelevant, being that they already know the outcome, and are therefore willing to kill with impunity. And hence why efforts to communicate with them have invariably failed.

~m

Agreed

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:58 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

~m

or

I like your first scenario better. Though I'm thinking the Vex could be far future mechanisms sent back (possibly by a civilization overcome by the Darkness) to change events in their past to keep the Darkness from spreading. They could see any efforts by other races in Destiny's time as irrelevant, being that they already know the outcome, and are therefore willing to kill with impunity. And hence why efforts to communicate with them have invariably failed.

~m

Yep, that's a scary take! I like it!

My favorite is that they (or as you say, their builders) somehow found out that NOW was the one time that The Traveler was weak and the one time they might have a chance to really change the future either by destroying The Traveler or by claiming it for their own. It might even be that they know that Humanity and the Hive, Cabal, and Fallen untie, defeat the Darkness, and live happily ever after without knowing about the plight of the Vex. The Vex could still have lost even if we, in their past, won, and they would still need to time travel to fix that.

Agreed

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 10:43 (3603 days ago) @ Malagate

Or you know, communication with them creates a time paradox ripping open the space time continuum. Then you jump to a new timeline where you work for Tycho.

Agreed

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:27 (3604 days ago) @ Kermit

They've also got ten years to work with.

This is important! Think how boing the Halo universe would be if it stopped at Halo: CE! No Prophets, no Heretics, no Brutes, no civil war, no Key Ship, no Ark, no Johnson (at least not really), and no Arbiter!

I think Destiny has a much more firmed up story that Halo (and it's unexpected smash hit status) did, Bungie has said as much, but ten years is a good long time to come up with even more interesting ideas and connections. And Destiny's universe seems like a great place to play with and advance great story ideas.

Agreed

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:38 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

I don't really like the idea of defending a bunch of dead people...

I much rather like the idea that The Traveler DID save some of us through its sacrifice and then only after that did it create Guardians to protect those who were saved.

Having everybody be dead just sucks the fun and purpose out of Guardian-ing them to me...

Only life important.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:57 (3604 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[image]

Grimoire

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 03:39 (3603 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Huh. So Guardians, like Marathon's battleroids and unlike Halo's Spartans, are reanimated dead. Interesting.

Take A Lookee Here

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:46 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

Notice the line under the defence rating. "Shake it off. We've all been dead before".

Nice find!

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:02 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

Here's the caption for the Ghost Angel Cloak.

[image]

We are an army of the chosen dead.

This is suddenly starting to paint a much more interesting picture of our Guardians.

Nice find!

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:13 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Here's the caption for the Ghost Angel Cloak.

We are an army of the chosen dead.

This is suddenly starting to paint a much more interesting picture of our Guardians.

Well this is shaping up rather nicely!

Take A Lookee Here

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:20 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

Notice the line under the defence rating. "Shake it off. We've all been dead before".

This would also explain why humans cannot remember the force that knocked us down/ wiped us out. Also, why human life span tripled under the Traveler's influence.

Take A Lookee Here

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:47 (3604 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

I'd rather believe that lifespans really did triple. That The Traveler really did send us into a Golden Age as we're told. Just look at the opening animation on the new trailer. The Traveler started (or was found by us at) at Mars , then went over to Venus, then orbited Earth within lunar orbit. Then, there's a bunch of little shapes streaming from Earth. They head to the Moon, and Venus, And Mars, and beyond. That was the start of our great colonization efforts.

I think this revelation that Guardians are Ghosts is awesome, but I also suspect that most of The City is actually alive. If The Traveler could just come back and resurrect everyone why would it sacrifice itself defending us?

YOLO? More like WABDB

by petetheduck, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:46 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

That Is Now A Thing

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:48 (3604 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Agreed. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:50 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

Should be DBO's motto

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 13, 2014, 09:02 (3604 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

Made it our Motto on the Alpha site. :)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, June 13, 2014, 09:54 (3604 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Nice!

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 10:13 (3604 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Add that to the Randomised DBO title!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 13, 2014, 16:51 (3604 days ago) @ petetheduck

Oh wait... we don't have one. :(

This is familiar to me, as if it were from an old dream…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, June 13, 2014, 10:26 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

Been thinking about this:

[image]

“But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow
the path, fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all
become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . You are Destiny.”

Oh, aye.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 10:44 (3604 days ago) @ Beorn

And the Traveller our dreaming god we are to awaken...

~m

Goosebumps.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, June 13, 2014, 10:52 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Goosebumps.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:16 (3604 days ago) @ Beorn

First thing I thought when the idea solidified for me that we're all resurrected was that these new lives of ours are simply dreams of the Traveller's.

And if there's any truth to that, I wonder what happens when it does awaken...

Maybe it's just a holdover for me from Jilly's theories in the past that Cortana wasn't wholly to be trusted, but I'm kind of skeptical about the Traveller myself. I want it to turn out to be greyer than [Traveller=good::Darkness=bad].

We'll see.

~m

Goosebumps.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:20 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

I want it to turn out to be greyer than [Traveller=good::Darkness=bad].

You're on a roll, man! Fully agreed with you again!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:30 (3604 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

A man long dead, grafted to machines your builders did not understand. You follow

I know who you are.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . You are Destiny.”

I always thought of that as a really nice meta-comment, part of the story but also acknowledging and the game's respawning mechanic and weaving it into the narrative. I see the current "we've all been dead before" as the same. The guardians, like the security officer, can be revived. That is what makes us unique, though. We are the chosen. I don't extend this to all of humanity. If death is so easily conquered, what are we fighting for? Space for immortal humans? Doesn't fit with Dinklege's intro speech in the latest trailer regarding humanity being wiped out.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:34 (3604 days ago) @ Kermit

[image]

I know who you are.

I always thought of that as a really nice meta-comment, part of the story but also acknowledging and the game's respawning mechanic and weaving it into the narrative. I see the current "we've all been dead before" as the same. The guardians, like the security officer, can be revived. That is what makes us unique, though. We are the chosen. I don't extend this to all of humanity. If death is so easily conquered, what are we fighting for? Space for immortal humans? Doesn't fit with Dinklege's intro speech in the latest trailer regarding humanity being wiped out.

"Grafted to machines your builders did not understand" has always been one of my favorite lines of anything ever. So much packed into that.

~m

Indeed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:40 (3604 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:34 (3604 days ago) @ Beorn

[image]

I know who you are.

Well, it's not like anything regarding Marathon was mentioned in a leaked Bungie - Activation contract...

Oh wait. (search for Marathon...)

Actual contract text here:

(ii) no more than the greater of five percent of Key Members and one (1) Key
Member, and no more than the greater of five percent of other empioyees and one (1) other
employee, to staff, fund and operate a prototype team for a future Licensor action-shooter interactive
entertainment software product tentativeiy known as "l\/larathon" ("iVlarathon"), no more than ten
percent of the Key Member resources and no more than ten percent of all other
employees after the achievement of at least Three Hundred Seventy Five Million Dollars ($375,000,000)
in cumulative Operating Income to continue to staff, fund and operate a prototype team for Marathon

What if, instead of Marathon just being a classic game Bungie wouldn't mind revisiting and uprezing, it is actually important to Destiny's story? This leaked contract is old and we don't know that the above still exist within what was actually signed, but it's curious. Additionally, one has to be very careful when trying to connect Bungie universes. Many of them have common themes or even wordings but they've never actually fit together. Still, "a thousand times dead" and " You are Destiny" is pretty powerful. :)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:10 (3604 days ago) @ Ragashingo

[image]

I know who you are.

Well, it's not like anything regarding Marathon was mentioned in a leaked Bungie - Activation contract...

Oh wait. (search for Marathon...)

Actual contract text here:

(ii) no more than the greater of five percent of Key Members and one (1) Key
Member, and no more than the greater of five percent of other empioyees and one (1) other
employee, to staff, fund and operate a prototype team for a future Licensor action-shooter interactive
entertainment software product tentativeiy known as "l\/larathon" ("iVlarathon"), no more than ten
percent of the Key Member resources and no more than ten percent of all other
employees after the achievement of at least Three Hundred Seventy Five Million Dollars ($375,000,000)
in cumulative Operating Income to continue to staff, fund and operate a prototype team for Marathon

What if, instead of Marathon just being a classic game Bungie wouldn't mind revisiting and uprezing, it is actually important to Destiny's story? This leaked contract is old and we don't know that the above still exist within what was actually signed, but it's curious. Additionally, one has to be very careful when trying to connect Bungie universes. Many of them have common themes or even wordings but they've never actually fit together. Still, "a thousand times dead" and " You are Destiny" is pretty powerful. :)

Dem tropes, doe.

Some of the Hive Wizard concept art evokes S'pht way too much to be a coincidence.

What are the Cabal but a more evolved conception of the Drinol?

We could easily build a list of other things that Bungie has done before that Destiny evokes. I don't think it's any secret that there is a cache of ideas they are fond of, and we continually see iterations on those ideas.

Sure, I think there is (very) little ground for claiming direct connections between universes, but the tropes persist.

Not that I'm complaining. ;)

~m

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:23 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

We could easily build a list of other things that Bungie has done before that Destiny evokes. I don't think it's any secret that there is a cache of ideas they are fond of, and we continually see iterations on those ideas.

Sure, I think there is (very) little ground for claiming direct connections between universes, but the tropes persist.

Not that I'm complaining. ;)

Agreed.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 10:28 (3603 days ago) @ Malagate

Some of the Hive Wizard concept art evokes S'pht way too much to be a coincidence.

What are the Cabal but a more evolved conception of the Drinol?

I was just waiting for those exploding Hive Thrall to scream 'FROG BLAST THE VENT CORE".

Yes!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 05:10 (3602 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Grimoire

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:37 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

So if I have gathered correctly, when the darkness came, we wern't just knocked down. We were utterly destroyed. It won.

-but- ( with extrapolation)

The Traveler in one last effort used all it had left. So much so that now it hovers over the last safe city on earth, totally exhausted and comatose. I presume there was a range to this effect.

That is why the darkness will be returning. That is why it shall “finish what it started”.

But - there are other victims too I presume. Perhaps we are fighting them, because they aren't stealing (in some cases) but running (A-la Humans In Halo Lore vs the Flood).
---

Even the game play elements are part of the story? If so - now you are doing what I would have done anyway Bungie. I am intrigued.

Grimoire

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:46 (3604 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So if I have gathered correctly, when the darkness came, we wern't just knocked down. We were utterly destroyed. It won.

-but- ( with extrapolation)

The Traveler in one last effort used all it had left. So much so that now it hovers over the last safe city on earth, totally exhausted and comatose. I presume there was a range to this effect.

That is why the darkness will be returning. That is why it shall “finish what it started”.

But - there are other victims too I presume. Perhaps we are fighting them, because they aren't stealing (in some cases) but running (A-la Humans In Halo Lore vs the Flood).
---

Even the game play elements are part of the story? If so - now you are doing what I would have done anyway Bungie. I am intrigued.

I think you're on point with all of this. The Fallen having claimed (or at least touched) all of our worlds makes so much more sense. And their contempt for us, humanity having been wiped out, makes that much more sense as well. If they're survivors, their houses having been crushed, and them on the run and scraping by on piracy, surely they'd see us with some kind of contempt for having to be resurrected.

~m

EDIT: Furthermore, I would speculate that with the presence of life grows the power of the Traveller. A feedback loop, of sorts. If we as Guardians of life are able to establish a foothold of the living on Earth, perhaps that will help to "recharge" the Traveller, for lack of a better term. It would make sense, then, to postulate that our reach in the galaxy would expand accordingly in future releases.

Grimoire

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:51 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

surely they'd see us with some kind of contempt for having to be resurrected.

Especially considering that they can apparently regenerate. From the Dregs card:

"Only a few will survive to gain promotion and regrow their limbs."

I can see how a species like that might be contemptuous toward any that can't similarly regrow severed limbs.

Familiars

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:02 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

I had been wondering, from the time of the earliest concept art if the little "floaty" thing was some variety of familiar. It seems that that may be the case.

I'm going with souls here since they've been mentioned so much in connection with Destiny. What if the chosen dead's soul is returned and bound to the "ghost"? It's common enough in mythology to have an external soul as a device to keep the hero safe.
Perhaps our Guardians are a type of Ghola created from the bound soul's pattern via this "trans-mat" technology we've heard about. I suspect that's like a Molecular Assembler that enables near instantaneous creation of a new body, shrike etc as long as it's got the pattern. That's my two cents anyway.

+1

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:05 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

Familiars

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 13, 2014, 09:52 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

I'm going with souls here since they've been mentioned so much in connection with Destiny. What if the chosen dead's soul is returned and bound to the "ghost"? It's common enough in mythology to have an external soul as a device to keep the hero safe.

This idea has real merit. I'm realizing as I watch streams from the Crucible that the item hanging suspended from the center of sphere when a Guardian falls is, in fact, that Guardian's ghost, which lends credence to the idea that Ghost is the keeper of the Guardian's soul.

Familiars

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 10:13 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

This idea has real merit. I'm realizing as I watch streams from the Crucible that the item hanging suspended from the center of sphere when a Guardian falls is, in fact, that Guardian's ghost, which lends credence to the idea that Ghost is the keeper of the Guardian's soul.

That was the genesis of the idea alright. We first saw it in last years E3 gameplay demo when Rixis did for one of the Guardians. It's a similar animation to the illumination one, if not the same. I think our ghost is literally "our ghost".

But it talks to us as a separate person

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 13, 2014, 10:32 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

But it talks to us as a separate person

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 13:53 (3604 days ago) @ ZackDark

The vessel may have it's own personality, distinct from the returned soul it houses. I'm supposing that the ghosts (the drone versions) are avatars of the Traveller, perhaps the only non-passive facility it still has left.

Yep. This.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:05 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

My guardian's name shall be Eric Draven

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:38 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

Already a Crow in the cast, no?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:27 (3604 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Already a Crow in the cast, no?

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 03:46 (3602 days ago) @ Malagate

Isn't he the Phil Oakey Awokey blokey pictured here with the "Queen of the Reef"?

[image]

Yep, Emo Kid extraordinaire.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, June 16, 2014, 05:46 (3601 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

So we're zombies?

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, June 13, 2014, 09:03 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

Glimmerrr.... om, nom, nom!!!

Hmmm, there is some potential here for friction even within humanity: between the undead guardians and the presumably 'normal' people of the city. Like: 'why do we have to rely on these freaks?' Though I don't know since I don't think we've met any yet.

I wonder how Bungie is going to play it.

So we're zombies?

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 09:09 (3604 days ago) @ RC

Could be why we're cordoned off in the Tower. Dirty freaks!

So we're zombies?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 13, 2014, 09:28 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

Could be why we're cordoned off in the Tower. Dirty freaks!

I'm pretty sure there are groups of regular humans in the Tower. At least, I always assumed that the ones there not be-decked in armor are not Guardians.

So we're zombies?

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 13, 2014, 09:30 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

I'm pretty sure there are groups of regular humans in the Tower. At least, I always assumed that the ones there not be-decked in armor are not Guardians.

Knowledge I wasn't privy to, no alpha for me. :(

So we're zombies?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, June 13, 2014, 09:22 (3604 days ago) @ RC

Glimmerrr.... om, nom, nom!!!

Hmmm, there is some potential here for friction even within humanity: between the undead guardians and the presumably 'normal' people of the city. Like: 'why do we have to rely on these freaks?' Though I don't know since I don't think we've met any yet.

I wonder how Bungie is going to play it.

Dang. I really, really like that. I'd love to overhear some civilians carry on a dialogue over this.

~m

+1

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, June 13, 2014, 09:27 (3604 days ago) @ Malagate

I wonder if we'll get to stroll around in the City, outside of the tower.

Grimoire

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:26 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

What exactly is the Grimoire, for those of us who have been loyal fans for years but aren't in on the Alpha simply because we didn't buy the right console? I'm not bitter at all.

Grimoire

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 13, 2014, 11:50 (3604 days ago) @ stabbim

What exactly is the Grimoire, for those of us who have been loyal fans for years but aren't in on the Alpha simply because we didn't buy the right console? I'm not bitter at all.

The Grimoire is accessible from the Destiny Alpha website, and it's basically a collection of digital cards similar in appearance to the cards Bungie handed out at E3 last year. So when you flip them over they have some lore about whatever the card is. Right now it's pretty bare as they have a bunch without pictures that say "redacted" on the back.

Grimoire

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:34 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

They are also rewarded in a commendation style, for kills, Fallen kills, etc.

Grimoire

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 10:30 (3603 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Or finding and reviving dead ghosts.

Grimoire

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 19:05 (3603 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Or finding and reviving dead ghosts.

No kidding… Didn't notice that had any effect on my Super meter. Nice catch.

Grimoire

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, June 14, 2014, 19:16 (3603 days ago) @ Beorn

That's a nice bonus, but I think the temporary health boost is awesome enough on its own.

Embargo for Alpha Site?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, June 13, 2014, 13:21 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

The Grimoire is accessible from the Destiny Alpha website, and it's basically a collection of digital cards similar in appearance to the cards Bungie handed out at E3 last year. So when you flip them over they have some lore about whatever the card is. Right now it's pretty bare as they have a bunch without pictures that say "redacted" on the back.

Not sure if the Alpha website is covered by the embargo or not. Can we get a Bungie ruling from any Bungie folk that might be listening?

Embargo for Alpha Site?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 13, 2014, 13:26 (3604 days ago) @ Beorn

Not sure if the Alpha website is covered by the embargo or not. Can we get a Bungie ruling from any Bungie folk that might be listening?

Is there an embargo now that the Alpha has dropped to as many people as they can give codes to? If so I had no idea.

Embargo for Alpha Site?

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, June 13, 2014, 13:37 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

Is there an embargo now that the Alpha has dropped to as many people as they can give codes to? If so I had no idea.

For the Alpha itself, no. But I haven't seen any coverage of the Bungie.net Alpha site yet, so I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything. :)

Grimoire

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:57 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimoire

This might indicate the future of grimoire as reading very much like a Destiny encyclopedia, or may have somekind of power in itself as well. Perhaps some powers are only reachable by finishing tomes of the grimoire, or it lists a map or instructions to reach something otherwise secret.

Total Codex, is that you?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, June 13, 2014, 12:59 (3604 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

Ghost Fragment: The Dark Age

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 04:47 (3602 days ago) @ Xenos

I've been looking everywhere for dead ghosts the last couple days. Still, I think this is the only ghost fragment I've found that hasn't been redacted on the alpha site. Are there others?

“No one knew what had happened to the Traveler. No one understood what had happened to the world. But they heard the whispered call.”

They came from the wild lands, gathering in secret enclaves, slipping through the howling ruins of shattered cities, hoping to find the coast, find a ship, pick up the trail of an impossible dream.

From the deep black came the Awoken, their eyes haunted. Exos marched in the refugee columns, cloaked in moss and shattered memories. And among them came the Ghosts, beginning their search. It was a time of vast suffering and terrible evil. But there was one hope: the promise of a refuge beneath the Traveler.

Vague imagery from the aftermath of the collapse. The Ghosts "beginning their search" for whom? Human survivors? Dead warriors suitable for reanimation? What happened to the Awoken in the "deep black"?

The Awoken card is interesting as well.

Race: Awoken

"The others sing this song of Light and Dark. We, together, have transcended such unimaginative limitations."

It is said that the Awoken were born in the Collapse, descended from those who tried to flee its wrath. Something happened to them out on the edge of the deep black, and they were forever changed.

Today many Awoken live in the distant Reef, aloof and mysterious. But others returned to Earth, where their descendants now fight for the City.

Earthborn Awoken sometimes venture out to the Reef, hoping to learn its secrets - but find no special welcome from the reclusive Queen.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 05:30 (3602 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin
edited by DaDerga, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 05:44

From the deep black came the Awoken, their eyes haunted. Exos marched in the refugee columns, cloaked in moss and shattered memories. And among them came the Ghosts, beginning their search. It was a time of vast suffering and terrible evil. But there was one hope: the promise of a refuge beneath the Traveler.

It is said that the Awoken were born in the Collapse, descended from those who tried to flee its wrath. Something happened to them out on the edge of the deep black, and they were forever changed.

So human escapees on board colony ships and spacefarers were transformed by the collapse and/or the Traveller's sacrifice. Anyone not planet-bound?

Today many Awoken live in the distant Reef, aloof and mysterious. But others returned to Earth, where their descendants now fight for the City.

An indication of their pioneer origins and affinities?

"The others sing this song of Light and Dark. We, together, have transcended such unimaginative limitations."

The Awoken obviously entertain a more nuanced view of the current struggle than the other two variants of humanity. They must encapsulate the "grey" (considered) view. I am minded of Conjoiners here, status wise.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 06:59 (3602 days ago) @ DaDerga

So human escapees on board colony ships and spacefarers were transformed by the collapse and/or the Traveller's sacrifice. Anyone not planet-bound?

An indication of their pioneer origins and affinities?

The Awoken obviously entertain a more nuanced view of the current struggle than the other two variants of humanity. They must encapsulate the "grey" (considered) view. I am minded of Conjoiners here, status wise.

I was going to say, "here's your gray area, Malagate." I've been intrigued by the Awoken since I first heard of them and no less so now.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, June 16, 2014, 05:52 (3601 days ago) @ Kermit

I was going to say, "here's your gray area, Malagate." I've been intrigued by the Awoken since I first heard of them and no less so now.

:)

Oh, there's definitely a reason I've been planning on making my first character an Awoken.

...aaaand yeah. I was just waiting for the moment when mention was made of the space outside of this tangle between Light and Dark, Traveller and Darkness.

That's the space I'll be leaning towards for some time.

Can't wait.

~m

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 16, 2014, 09:19 (3601 days ago) @ Malagate

Oh, there's definitely a reason I've been planning on making my first character an Awoken.

My first was an Awoken Warlock without hesitation. :) I like all the combinations I tried and liked them all gameplay-wise, but that's the combination I find most intriguing from the story perspective.

Execellent.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 07:46 (3602 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

So would The Reef then perhaps be all the Awoken's colony ships pushed and joined together to provide them some place to live?

Bam!

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 09:18 (3602 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 10:13 (3602 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

"They got out to the edge of the galaxy, to that place of nothin', and that's what they became. "

Yep. Good quote from a good source. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 10:21 (3602 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 17:15 (3602 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I've been looking everywhere for dead ghosts the last couple days. Still, I think this is the only ghost fragment I've found that hasn't been redacted on the alpha site. Are there others?

There are! When I take a dinner break from Destiny I'll try and post them.

Can't Wait

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 17:17 (3602 days ago) @ Xenos

But bedtime in this part of the world.

Ghost Fragment: Darkness

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 18:30 (3602 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

V113NNI070XMX001 SECRET HADAL INSTAND
AI-COM/RSPN:
SOLSECCENT//SxISR//DEEPSPACE
CONTACT CONTACT CONTACT
TRANSIENT. NULLSOURCE. NULLTYPE.

This is a SKYSHOCK ALERT.

Multiple Distributed ISR assets report a TRANSIENT NEAR EXTRASOLAR EVENT. Event duration ZERO POINT THREE SECONDS. Event footprint includes sterole neutrino scattering and gravity waves. Omnibus analysis detects deep structure information content (nine sigma) and internal teleonomy.

No hypothesis on event mechanism (FLAG ACAUSAL). Bootstrap simulation suggests event is DIRECTED and INIMICABLE (convergent q-Bayes/Monte Carlo probability approaches 1).

No hypothesis on deep structure encoding (TCC/NP-HARD).

Source blueshift suggests IMMINENT SOLAR ENTRY.

Promote event to SKYSHOCK: OCP: EXTINCTION. Activate VOLUSPA. Activate YUGA. Cauterize public sources to SECURE ISIS and harden for defensive action.

I am invoking CARRHAE WHITE and assuming control of solar defenses.

STOP STOP STOP V113NNI070XMX091

What was that?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, June 15, 2014, 18:38 (3602 days ago) @ Xenos

Promote event to SKYSHOCK: OCP: EXTINCTION.

That sounds... ominous.

What was that?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 18:42 (3602 days ago) @ ZackDark

That was... Humanity knowing that something was coming? Not detecting something was coming... that we had sensors and detectors and such is obvious here, but having code names and plans for an extinction event might mean that Humanity wasn't just living it up in its Golden age, but was rather trying to prepare for the arrival of the Darkness.

If we were beat during our Golden Age when we knew something was coming...

What was that?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, June 16, 2014, 05:59 (3601 days ago) @ Ragashingo

That was... Humanity knowing that something was coming? Not detecting something was coming... that we had sensors and detectors and such is obvious here, but having code names and plans for an extinction event might mean that Humanity wasn't just living it up in its Golden age, but was rather trying to prepare for the arrival of the Darkness.

My guess is there were some hints we gleaned from the Traveller that it works against the Darkness. We knew to prepare for something. Whether there were records provided by the Traveller of previous uplift events (currently my favorite idea), or simply evidence of a conflict, the Collapse was not entirely unforseen, it seems.

~m

What was that?

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, June 16, 2014, 06:18 (3601 days ago) @ Malagate

My guess is there were some hints we gleaned from the Traveller that it works against the Darkness. We knew to prepare for something. Whether there were records provided by the Traveller of previous uplift events (currently my favorite idea), or simply evidence of a conflict, the Collapse was not entirely unforseen, it seems.

[image]

You guess correctly I'd say.

/Sekhmet/ isn't going to like this.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 18:41 (3602 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Ghost Fragment: Darkness Highlights

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 19:08 (3602 days ago) @ Xenos

My words in Blue. I make note the obvious but I find reading in this way helps all the same.

V113NNI070XMX001 SECRET HADAL Hades? INSTAND
AI-COM/RSPN: AI Report - V113NNI070XMX001 (?)
CONTACT CONTACT CONTACT
TRANSIENT or Quick. NULLSOURCE Zero or Unknown Source. NULLTYPE Zero or Unknown Type of Object.

Multiple Distributed ISR assets Intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance report a TRANSIENT NEAR EXTRASOLAR Outside Solar System EVENT. Event duration ZERO POINT THREE SECONDS What ever it was was detected and lost very quickly. Event footprint includes sterole neutrino scattering and gravity waves. Very High Energy Action - While this type of neutrino is currently hypothetical, generally Neutrinos are made by things like The Sun/Nuke Reactors Omnibus analysis detects deep structure information content (nine sigma) and internal teleonomy Moving with a purpose.

No hypothesis on event mechanism (FLAG ACAUSAL). Bootstrap simulation suggests event is DIRECTED and INIMICABLE (convergent q-Bayes/Monte Carlo probability approaches 1). Its comeing.

Promote event to SKYSHOCK: OCP: EXTINCTION Interesting Choice of words. Activate VOLUSPA. Activate YUGA. Cauterize public sources to SECURE ISIS and harden for defensive action. RED ALERT ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS

Presuming this is saying what it seems it is saying, I don't think it the solar defenses worked.

Quick critic

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, June 15, 2014, 19:24 (3602 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

My words in Blue. I make note the obvious but I find reading in this way helps all the same.

V113NNI070XMX001 SECRET HADAL Hades? INSTAND
AI-COM/RSPN: AI Report - V113NNI070XMX001 (?)
CONTACT CONTACT CONTACT
TRANSIENT or Quick transient means it moves through time (non-static). NULLSOURCE Zero or Unknown Source. NULLTYPE Zero or Unknown Type of Object.

Multiple Distributed ISR assets Intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance Good call report a TRANSIENT NEAR EXTRASOLAR Outside Solar System EVENT. Event duration ZERO POINT THREE SECONDS What ever it was was detected and lost very quickly Almost a whole frame! :p. Event footprint includes sterole neutrino scattering and gravity waves. Very High Energy Action - While this type of neutrino is currently hypothetical, generally Neutrinos are made by things like The Sun/Nuke Reactors Gravity waves too, but I think they're even more intense Omnibus analysis detects deep structure information content (nine sigma) and internal teleonomy Moving with a purpose.

No hypothesis on event mechanism (FLAG ACAUSAL). Bootstrap simulation suggests event is DIRECTED and INIMICABLE (convergent q-Bayes/Monte Carlo probability approaches 1). Its comeing.

Promote event to SKYSHOCK: OCP: EXTINCTION Interesting Choice of words I think it's a protocol to extinguish the event, not a classification of the event itself. Activate VOLUSPA. Activate YUGA. Cauterize public sources to SECURE ISIS and harden for defensive action. RED ALERT ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS

I am invoking CARRHAE WHITE and assuming control of solar defenses. Guess it's his/her/its fault, then. :p

Good calls all over

Here We Go Again

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, June 16, 2014, 06:13 (3601 days ago) @ Xenos

Promote event to SKYSHOCK: OCP: EXTINCTION. Activate VOLUSPA. Activate YUGA. Cauterize public sources to SECURE ISIS and harden for defensive action.

VöluspaText | Yuga Golden Age to Dark Age and back | Isis (obvious) | Carrhae (Battle of).

NPC dialogue confirmation

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 22:16 (3601 days ago) @ Xenos

So I was standing next to a few NPCs in the Tower for a while taking screencaps and one of the female NPCs just said this, verbatim.

"Is it true you used to be...dead, before your ghost found you?"

Her tone was a mix of awe and fright so I think it's safe to assume there's still a portion of humanity that survived the Collapse, though the Guardians were chosen by the Ghosts to be brought back from the dead.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 22:31 (3601 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

So I was standing next to a few NPCs in the Tower for a while taking screencaps and one of the female NPCs just said this, verbatim.

"Is it true you used to be...dead, before your ghost found you?"

Her tone was a mix of awe and fright so I think it's safe to assume there's still a portion of humanity that survived the Collapse, though the Guardians were chosen by the Ghosts to be brought back from the dead.

The Speaker says something similar, but it's not a question. I can't remember the exact wording.

Woah. Thanks, mate

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, June 15, 2014, 22:47 (3601 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

by HavokBlue, California, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 23:03 (3601 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I think the speculation about some people in the City not being super friendly toward all the Guardians is spot on. The New Monarchy rep says things like "You're always welcome here Warlock... just... stay out of my head." and I may be mistaken, but I think he has a line about how humans should be in charge, not exos or awoken.

edit: It also looks like the real metropolitan area of the Last City is directly beneath the traveler. The area around the Tower looks kind of slummy in comparison.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 23:06 (3601 days ago) @ HavokBlue

edit: It also looks like the real metropolitan area of the Last City is directly beneath the traveler. The area around the Tower looks kind of slummy in comparison.

Makes sense. The Tower is on the outer wall right? Who wants to live there?!

by Zero @, Florida, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 23:15 (3601 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Makes sense. The Tower is on the outer wall right? Who wants to live there?!

Who wouldn't want to? I'd love to have that view of the Traveler every evening!

by HavokBlue, California, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 23:38 (3601 days ago) @ HavokBlue

To clarify the race dialogue line from New Monarchy's Executor Hideo, he says "I told the Speaker we need leadership... and... I don't know... Is he even human?"

Curious about the dynamic of the factions. I get the vibe that Dead Orbit doesn't even want to affiliate itself with the city. New Monarchy seems at odds with everyone with lines like "That innocent scholar act? The Cryptarchs are bigger players than they pretend." and "I don't get those War Cult freaks. I don't even know what they're talking about." or even "I'd put Zavala on a throne if he'd support us. But he won't."

The Future War Cult seems to just be into the whole GRIM DARK ETERNAL WAR thing with lines like "Attention! The FWC would like to remind you that they are a military-minded collective, preparing for the war of the future to keep you safe today!"

So you're saying FWC are Destiny's Preppers?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, June 16, 2014, 06:03 (3601 days ago) @ HavokBlue

- No text -

I heard the gunsmith say this...

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, June 16, 2014, 07:35 (3601 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

"They say Exo's don't dream... then what are they? Memories?"

Puts a chill down my spine.

Exo Warlock for me confirmed

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, June 16, 2014, 09:19 (3601 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

Yes! The Robo-Gandalfs shall take over!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, June 16, 2014, 12:28 (3601 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Yes! The Robo-Gandalfs shall take over!

by Durandal, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 14:18 (3581 days ago) @ Mr Daax

This makes the electric sheep angry.

*Bump*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 14:28 (3581 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

Ghost Fragment: Fallen

by Yapok @, Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 17:52 (3564 days ago) @ Xenos

Found this today in my grimoire:

GHOST FRAGMENT: FALLEN +5
Description
//...498.0074/IR:KK0709a.9//
//ALERT: CORRUPTION DETECTED//
//ALERT: AUDIO LOG UNAVAILABLE//
//REROUTING…/REROUTING…/REROUTING...
//EDS:3713498.0074/IR:KK0709a.9//
//AUDIO UNAVAILABLE//
//TRANSCRIPT FOLLOWS…/
&lt;u.1:0.1&gt; There [is] a wall. Out in the steppes.
&lt;u.1:0.2&gt; You know it?
&lt;u.1:0.3&gt; Use[d] [to] protect a spaceport—one [of] them old rocketyards. Know what I mean? Where they use[d] [to] leave world.
&lt;u.1:0.4&gt; One [of] them monuments [to] the good old days. Whatever those are, right?
&lt;u.1:0.5&gt; Only days I ever known look just like this one.
&lt;u.1:0.6&gt; Can't say I [would] call [them] good, but there [have] been worse. And worse is what I'm talkin[g] about.
&lt;u.1:0.7&gt; [Be]cause I was out there.
&lt;u.1:0.8&gt; At the wall.
&lt;u.1:0.9&gt; I was there.
&lt;u.1:1.0&gt; I'd heard about it. Just stories. But I'd heard. Ya know?
&lt;u.1:1.1&gt; We'd been on the road for…
&lt;u.1:1.2&gt; I don't know.
&lt;u.1:1.3&gt; Four-some years. Over? I don't know.
&lt;u.1:1.4&gt; We'd worn thin.
&lt;u.1:1.5&gt; Time and…
&lt;u.1:1.6&gt; ...
&lt;u.1:1.7&gt; Time and other things… other factors… will do that to [you].
&lt;u.1:1.8&gt; ...
&lt;u.1:1.9&gt; So, we were there. Not there, but close enough we could see it—out of the way, but close enough.
&lt;u.1:2.0&gt; Should [have]…
&lt;u.1:2.1&gt; We should [have] left it alone.
&lt;u.1:2.2&gt; I mean, we could [not] know, but we should [have] known.
&lt;u.1:2.3&gt; ...
&lt;u.1:2.4&gt; ...
&lt;u.1:2.5&gt; Anyway…
&lt;u.1:2.6&gt; I…
&lt;u.1:2.7&gt; Me and another couple guys, we convinced [them]… &lt;u.1:2.8&gt; Convinced the rest that we should take a look.
&lt;u.1:2.9&gt; That maybe, I don't know…
&lt;u.1:3.0&gt; That maybe we'd find a jumper or shelter, or whatever… something.
&lt;u.1:3.1&gt; We agreed… All of us…
&lt;u.1:3.2&gt; We agreed. If we got close and it looked bad…
&lt;u.1:3.3&gt; Looked wrong…
&lt;u.1:3.4&gt; ...we [would] turn back.
&lt;u.1:3.5&gt; Everyone knows… Avoid tech.
&lt;u.1:3.6&gt; Right?
&lt;u.1:3.7&gt; Stick to the lowlands and stay away from scrap.
&lt;u.1:3.8&gt; We knew this.
&lt;u.1:3.9&gt; We talked about it.
&lt;u.1:4.0&gt; But it was quiet. [You] know?
&lt;u.1:4.1&gt; And bare.
&lt;u.1:4.2&gt; Like it [had] already been picked over.
&lt;u.1:4.3&gt; Like they were gone.
&lt;u.1:4.4&gt; I mean… It was clear they [had] been there.
&lt;u.1:4.5&gt; But they looked gone.
&lt;u.1:4.6&gt; And we knew…
&lt;u.1:4.7&gt; We knew we wouldn't survive much longer.
&lt;u.1:4.8&gt; Not as a group.
&lt;u.1:4.9&gt; Not on our own.
&lt;u.1:5.0&gt; We needed a ship.
&lt;u.1:5.1&gt; We needed help.
&lt;u.1:5.2&gt; ...
&lt;u.1:5.3&gt; So we went inside.
&lt;u.1:5.4&gt; We were careful. I mean, I guess… I guess we were.
&lt;u.1:5.5&gt; We meant to be.
&lt;u.1:5.6&gt; Quiet.
&lt;u.1:5.7&gt; Careful.
&lt;u.1:5.8&gt; But we were wrong.
&lt;u.1:5.9&gt; It was [not] just a wall.
&lt;u.1:6.0&gt; It [is] not just a spaceport…
&lt;u.1:6.1&gt; Not anymore.
&lt;u.1:6.2&gt; ...
&lt;u.1:6.3&gt; It [is] a goddamn fortress.
&lt;u.1:6.4&gt; ...
&lt;u.1:6.5&gt; We were wrong...
&lt;u.1:6.6&gt; I was wrong.
&lt;u.1:6.7&gt; And, now they [are] all dead.
&lt;u.1:6.8&gt; And the Fallen own this goddamn planet.
/...END TRANSCRIPT///

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread