A day of one with the Alpha (now with *lots* of Images!) (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 11:31 (3602 days ago)

Or in plain – less artsy speak – I got to play the Alpha for a full 12 hours and change, and was able to make "leak quality" images in the process without violating any NDAs - like some sort of Jobless Boss! (Oxymoron?)
[image] [image]
Fortunately I was able find a friend of a friend type deal to play the alpha in my own abode. I found a four or fiveish of ghosts (hidden both in the wilds and even in the tower), the already mentioned soccer/football, and even a few other things.
[image]
The above is found at the end of the fallen coast.Now you know Kerm.

Part of the fun of games – at least for me, is breaking them. What better place to do such then? After all It’s not like the Guardians can *oof*...
[image]
...That’s right guys and gal(s?), the mystery has only begun. If you go deep enough you will find the dreaded 10 second turn back indicator. Failure to do so creates a very cool effect - you go blind. Isn’t that NEAT! /s

By the time the countdown gets to one you can’t see anything – then you die. Geez Bungie.

Did I mention I love exploring? How much do I love exploring? I have 1000 GS on Mass Effect One love exploring. There was nothing but rock in Mass Effect One. Destiny less so.
[image]
So guess my sheer delight when I found this.
[image][image][image][image][image]

Gotta say... seeing this place for my self, dead bodies and all - was a pretty big "Wow/Holy Sh*t" Moment. It was dark when I first found it and it was very very windy. Man... we got beat. HARD.
[image]
Is it wrong that I want more of these environmental story elements that make me exclaim as described above?

Which reminds me - Would it really be so hard to have a flashlight that *I* can toggle? Or do I have to customize a switch for my Ghost so I can do that? Getting to that part was really really dark. Had to feel my way through at some parts.

Speaking of customization -

[image] [image]

I was hoping for something abit more - controllable and less set, but C'est la vie.

Alright - less talking - MOAR PICTURES!

[image][image]
^One of these days this kind of thing will be the game, not part of it.
[image][image]
^Another piece of an already collected puzzle. Presuming I didn't mix my photos, it looks pretty cool too.
[image]
^HA! ... but on that note...
[image][image]
^Who broke the cheese /class
[image]
^So much Tease from the alpha. These are 9-12 levels with few rares.
[image][image][image]
^Its amazing what a little spec and bump can do. Or roughness and gloss. Wa ev.
--------------------DATA!
Armor
[image][image][image]
Weapon
[image][image][image][image][image]
Character
[image][image][image]
Potential Hint
[image]
[image]
-THE END-
[image]
[image]
(I'll probably do something with abit more words later... maybe.)

Did you take all those pictures with a phone...?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 11:42 (3602 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

...cuz the PS4 does screenshots natively, y'know. :)

That said, there are a lot of really neat teases in the Alpha that hint at just how insanely *big* this game is going to be.

Did you take all those pictures with a phone...?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 12:27 (3602 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

...cuz the PS4 does screenshots natively, y'know. :)

That said, there are a lot of really neat teases in the Alpha that hint at just how insanely *big* this game is going to be.

I did indeed make them with a camera. I don't have access to my friend of a friend account - so I had to improvise.

A day of one with the Alpha (now with *lots* of Images!)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 11:58 (3602 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

Vesuvius was the volcano. Pompeii was the town.

A day of one with the Alpha (now with *lots* of Images!)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 12:16 (3602 days ago) @ bluerunner

Vesuvius was the volcano. Pompeii was the town.

The end of the Golden Age was a hard time, but no day hurt worse than the day The Darkness destroyed Wikipedia.

^hahahaha!

by RC ⌂, UK, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 12:34 (3602 days ago) @ uberfoop

WTF bungle? Do you even geography?

^hahahaha!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 12:37 (3602 days ago) @ RC

WTF bungle? Do you even geography?

A lot of knowledge must have been lost after the fall. That's all bit and pieces we could scramble together.

^hahahaha!

by General Battuta, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 13:20 (3602 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This was just a dumb error by a moron, though. I fixed it a while ago but the fix didn't make it into the alpha build.

e: i'm the moron

^hahahaha!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:24 (3602 days ago) @ General Battuta

This was just a dumb error by a moron, though. I fixed it a while ago but the fix didn't make it into the alpha build.

e: i'm the moron

Saved for posterity on destiny.isnotcanon.net

^hahahaha!

by petetheduck, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:27 (3602 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So technically, is the fix a retcon?

In the same way every typo is history

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, June 16, 2014, 06:55 (3601 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

^hahahaha!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, June 16, 2014, 07:06 (3601 days ago) @ General Battuta

How did you fix it? Did you change the description or name of the rifle?

^hahahaha!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, June 16, 2014, 17:41 (3601 days ago) @ bluerunner

It involved Pele and a humble sacrifice.

^hahahaha!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, June 16, 2014, 07:31 (3601 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I like the idea of scrambling together fragments of what was easily accessible, many idioms and analogies wouldn't survive the purge.... well not entirely

"That guy's not playing with a full mech"

"I can't believe Xenos stole my blunder"

"If I scratch your balls, you scratch mine"

Interesting Stuff

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 12:13 (3602 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That very first image, that's got to be ships launching from Earth during the Golden Age... and I continue to be very intrigued by the hints that Guardians are more than just people who strap on armor and risk death beyond The City's walls.

Great shots, thanks! :)

For those of you who like more words then pictures.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 04:52 (3599 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Since this OP has been FPed I figured I should link my basic part two for that sake of prosperity.

My Destiny Kindavew (Now with words!)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread