Time lapse thread (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:02 (3596 days ago)

The day / night cycle in this game is sweet. Doing a few from out down on Earth, but here's one from the tower in the meantime. This is about 45 minutes realtime, so it looks like the day night cycle will take about 2 hrs total.

1080p QT movie here:

http://destiny.isnotcanon.net/movies/timelapse_traveler.mov

Time lapse thread

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:08 (3596 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by INSANEdrive, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:42

The day / night cycle in this game is sweet. Doing a few from out down on Earth, but here's one from the tower in the meantime. This is about 45 minutes realtime, so it looks like the day night cycle will take about 2 hrs total.

Really? Is that all? Felt alot faster to me. (I would rather have it be abit slower)

Edit:

A full day in the world of Destiny lasts one hour in real time, giving us a great opportunity to bathe in the glorious world they've created. As a result we've decided it would be an excellent choice for the next instalment our irregular series of time-lapse videos.

From this article. Video here.

Technically slower then what Cody mentioned. Still too fast. Three and a half hours. One hour for day one hour for night, and 45 min of the fade in and out for each. Something of that jest. Just as I was getting used to the day cycle it would change to night and vise versa. Its not to the point of being annoying, but I found it to be unpleasant. Not sure why. /nitpic

Time lapse thread

by Hoovaloov, Monday, June 16, 2014, 11:49 (3596 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

A full day in the world of Destiny lasts one hour in real time

I've also been recording timelapses, and this is not true in my experience. From what I've seen, it takes 2 hours to complete a "24 hour" day in Destiny. I believe Digital Foundry was referencing the time it takes to go from day to night (1 hour), not the time it takes to go sunrise to sunrise (2 hours).

Time lapse thread

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, June 16, 2014, 12:26 (3596 days ago) @ Hoovaloov

I've also been recording timelapses, and this is not true in my experience. From what I've seen, it takes 2 hours to complete a "24 hour" day in Destiny. I believe Digital Foundry was referencing the time it takes to go from day to night (1 hour), not the time it takes to go sunrise to sunrise (2 hours).

You must be right. They were obviously talking a 12 hour "day".

Cosmo Time Lapse

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 16, 2014, 14:27 (3596 days ago) @ DaDerga

You must be right. They were obviously talking a 12 hour "day".

At least in Cosmo, a full sunset-to-sunset day takes 1 hour in real time. Here's a 40x speed up that I recorded this morning in the Mothyards:

Cosmo Time Lapse

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, June 16, 2014, 14:31 (3596 days ago) @ Beorn

Thanks for just sitting on your ass during those public events :-p

You're quite welcome ;-)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, June 16, 2014, 14:34 (3596 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

So 1hr = 24hrs

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, June 16, 2014, 14:34 (3596 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Cosmo Time Lapse

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, June 16, 2014, 15:08 (3596 days ago) @ Beorn

Very cool!

Love this!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 16, 2014, 15:38 (3596 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

I love the sky and day-night cycles

by Yapok @, Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 11:07 (3595 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

Cosmo Time Lapse

by Hoovaloov, Thursday, June 19, 2014, 15:41 (3593 days ago) @ Beorn

Hmm, I'll have to double check tonight, I was basing this off of timelapses in the Tower.

The Tower's day is longer than 1 hour

by Hoovaloov, Thursday, June 19, 2014, 20:18 (3592 days ago) @ Hoovaloov

I'm not exactly sure how long the day is when at the Tower, but when I recorded some footage for my timelapse starting at sunset:

[image]

...50 minutes (real time) later, the sun still hadn't risen:

[image]

So I don't exactly know how long a day is while at the Tower, but it's definitely more than an hour. I seem to remember the sun rising pretty soon after I finished recording, so I figured ~1 hour from sunset to sunrise = 2 hour full day.

More observation needed, I guess.

Time lapse thread

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:27 (3596 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A full day in the world of Destiny lasts one hour in real time, giving us a great opportunity to bathe in the glorious world they've created. As a result we've decided it would be an excellent choice for the next instalment our irregular series of time-lapse videos.

From this article. Video here.

Does Control have a time limit?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:28 (3596 days ago) @ Cody Miller

'Cuz if not, I'd love to see if the Earth rotates as well up in the skybox.

It does...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, June 16, 2014, 05:04 (3596 days ago) @ ZackDark

...but I'm not sure what it is off the top of my head.

Time lapse thread

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:38 (3596 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Watching the sun rise over the plane yard was a real treat, and one of my favorite moments in the Alpha... Also the aurora at night...

Great vid!

Time lapse thread

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, June 16, 2014, 05:19 (3596 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Awesome stuff. Thanks for that.

Is this the complete cycle? Seems like by the end of it there's still a good bit of light.

~m

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread