No Longer Afraid *Long* (Fan Creations)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:15 (3596 days ago)
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:59

This isn't my usual. I'm usually pretty optimistic in my posting and story telling. This time... not so much. Consider that an official content warning. There is nothing violent or explicit below, just depression, fear, and where the two can ultimately lead if left unchecked.

Before you get started you may want to read more about the Fire Team that appears in this story, and about Jenn Shu in particular. (Just ignore my terrible drawning... thanks...) The story below is more or less self contained, but doing a bit of extra reading beforehand will help you understand it better.

And finally, I will, of course, be submitting this to the DBO Fan Fiction section for long term keeping. :)

And now: No Longer Afraid

TL;DR *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 19, 2014, 22:22 (3596 days ago) @ Ragashingo

;)

I really liked the details.

Well done!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, June 20, 2014, 22:33 (3595 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Good work, Rag. This one packs a punch, and I'm still feeling it now.

Well done!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, June 21, 2014, 12:37 (3594 days ago) @ Mr Daax
edited by Ragashingo, Saturday, June 21, 2014, 12:44

Good work, Raga. This one packs a punch, and I'm still feeling it now.

Thanks! I was beginning to wonder if anybody had actually read it so your reply made the end of my day. :)

Also, a big thanks to the evil, lying, rogue ZackDark who preread it and prodded me into adding some additional detail about Jenn's mental state, especially at the beginning and end. It was surprisingly fun to write despite the subject matter. Not sure what it says about me... :p

No Longer Afraid *Long*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, June 21, 2014, 15:04 (3594 days ago) @ Ragashingo

This isn't my usual. I'm usually pretty optimistic in my posting and story telling. This time... not so much. Consider that an official content warning. There is nothing violent or explicit below, just depression, fear, and where the two can ultimately lead if left unchecked.

Before you get started you may want to read more about the Fire Team that appears in this story, and about Jenn Shu in particular. (Just ignore my terrible drawning... thanks...) The story below is more or less self contained, but doing a bit of extra reading beforehand will help you understand it better.

And finally, I will, of course, be submitting this to the DBO Fan Fiction section for long term keeping. :)

And now: No Longer Afraid

Nice style you've got there. You handle action and movement well. I found the ending a bit abrupt and outsized for a short story, but I saw what you were going for.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread