Team DBO dances their ass off (Destiny)

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Saturday, June 28, 2014, 00:20 (3589 days ago)

Hot off the feet of the Slow walker saga, Team DBO decides to form the ever difficult dance pyramid.

Good times, indeed

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, June 28, 2014, 07:06 (3589 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

Team DBO dances their ass off

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, June 29, 2014, 13:36 (3588 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

General Vagueness rocks out with MrPadraig08

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Sunday, June 29, 2014, 16:48 (3588 days ago) @ General Vagueness

General Vagueness rocks out with MrPadraig08

MrPadraig08 gets jiggy with it with General Vagueness

ZackDark judges from afar.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, June 29, 2014, 19:10 (3588 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

ZackDark always judges from afar.

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Tuesday, July 01, 2014, 01:17 (3586 days ago) @ ZackDark

[image]

Indeed

;)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, July 01, 2014, 07:18 (3586 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

- No text -

Speaking Of Dancing

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, July 01, 2014, 05:15 (3586 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

“At the same time, this game is social and co-operative and so you will encounter people in the wild who you want to co-operate with. Now, maybe that’s to say thank you or to point to something or even just to sit down to indicate to someone that you’re fetching another beer, so the dance is just a little reminder that at the end of the day we are making a game and that it’s fun.”

IGN interviews Deej

Speaking Of Dancing

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 01, 2014, 11:05 (3586 days ago) @ DaDerga

Great article. Deej's initial response was golden. I'm beginning to harbor man-crush.

For Thoroughness' Sake.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, July 01, 2014, 11:40 (3586 days ago) @ Kermit

What determines the dance move?

by Earendil, Wednesday, July 02, 2014, 11:11 (3585 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Help a poor does-not-have-ps4-brother out here. What determines the dance move? Is it random every time you choose to dance, or is it based on race/gender/class or some combination of those?

I tried searching but couldn't find anything. After all these dance videos I would have thought someone would have made a compilation of all the moves in one video. No such luck yet :)

I've been wondering this myself

by Yapok @, Wednesday, July 02, 2014, 11:13 (3585 days ago) @ Earendil

- No text -

What determines the dance move?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 02, 2014, 11:44 (3585 days ago) @ Earendil

Help a poor does-not-have-ps4-brother out here. What determines the dance move? Is it random every time you choose to dance, or is it based on race/gender/class or some combination of those?

I tried searching but couldn't find anything. After all these dance videos I would have thought someone would have made a compilation of all the moves in one video. No such luck yet :)

In the alpha all your d-pad actions were based on race (You'll notice that only exos do the robot). I'm curious to see though if there will be some amount of customization in the final game for it.

Mix of race and gender.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, July 02, 2014, 15:10 (3585 days ago) @ Earendil

I thought the exo's all had the same dance, but I saw one in that video doing a like fish arm thing that I've never seen before. I think that's for the females.

Oh, great...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 02, 2014, 16:27 (3585 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Now I'm choosing my gender based solely on the final dance selection.

Welcome to MMOs my friend ;)

by Yapok @, Wednesday, July 02, 2014, 16:40 (3585 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Least interesting feature.

by DEEP_NNN, Friday, July 04, 2014, 05:02 (3583 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Just when my level of interest in Destiny improved beyond ambivalent, I found out about this dancing stuff. :(

For me, in-game dancing is the least interesting feature and actually gives me the creeps. So far, dancing does not seem to be required for anything.

As long as I don't see this stuff in my face all the time, I may be able to ignore it. Otherwise, what a shame.

I wish Bungie included a Setting that prevents dancing from showing on my screen.

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Friday, July 04, 2014, 07:11 (3583 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

[image]

Why you busting my groove, man? ;)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, July 04, 2014, 09:34 (3583 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

- No text -

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 16:38 (3581 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Just when my level of interest in Destiny improved beyond ambivalent, I found out about this dancing stuff. :(

For me, in-game dancing is the least interesting feature and actually gives me the creeps.

Why does it give you the creeps?

So far, dancing does not seem to be required for anything.

Why would it be required for anything?

by DEEP_NNN, Monday, July 07, 2014, 08:41 (3580 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Why does it give you the creeps?

I'm not sure but it makes my skin crawl.

Why would it be required for anything?

I don't know that it does.

Aren't most things deliberately built into a game done so for a purpose? If its only purpose is to entertain gamers with silliness then I can choose not to participate. If I choose not to participate yet cannot avoid the dancing by others, I may have to avoid the game.

I'm still planning on getting the game at this point. More out of curiosity and a nod to Bungie than anything else. I have to give up time on a game to play it, so it has to earn its place.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:43 (3580 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Aren't most things deliberately built into a game done so for a purpose? If its only purpose is to entertain gamers with silliness then I can choose not to participate. If I choose not to participate yet cannot avoid the dancing by others, I may have to avoid the game.

With my experience in the Alpha the only place it will be very prevalent is in the Tower, people doing it in single player you can just keep going and ignore them. You will occasionally have someone dance while they are capturing a point, or over your corpse after getting an embarrassing kill, but I find that much less annoying than being teabagged.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread