Destiny's end-game content will 'blow players' minds' (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, June 28, 2014, 10:55 (3561 days ago)

http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/destiny-s-end-game-content-will-blow-players-minds--1254317

"We've named a raid, but that's just one of the examples of the kind of stuff we want to give player," he said. "Once they reach what they believe is the peak in the game, then we really just want to blow their minds with a whole bunch of crazy, like, 'Now go try that!'"

Good article.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, June 28, 2014, 11:29 (3561 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

One step forward, one step back. Maybe.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, June 28, 2014, 13:37 (3561 days ago) @ bluerunner

http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/destiny-s-end-game-content-will-blow-players-minds--1254317

I'm pretty intrigued actually. A low level cap is nice. So grinding for exp won't be an issue.

However, is "seeking out better equipment" going to be where the grind's gonna be? After all, you're either going to grind until the random drop is something you want, or grind to get enough money / crucible / vanguard / whatever points to buy the guns you want.

The idea of switching around your skills to customize yourself to a given mission is great.

All in all much happier than before by the looks of it. No guardian trainer necessary :-p

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 30, 2014, 01:28 (3559 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm pretty intrigued actually. A low level cap is nice. So grinding for exp won't be an issue.

However, is "seeking out better equipment" going to be where the grind's gonna be? After all, you're either going to grind until the random drop is something you want, or grind to get enough money / crucible / vanguard / whatever points to buy the guns you want.

The idea of switching around your skills to customize yourself to a given mission is great.

All in all much happier than before by the looks of it. No guardian trainer necessary :-p

I did get the sense that in a few days you'd get to Level 20. So I'm really looking forward to how the end game content works!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, June 30, 2014, 06:40 (3559 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It worked like this in Borderlands 1 and 2, and it was really, really great. Do I feel like a Glass Cannon today? Or perhaps the God of Never Dying?

Though I did it so much my friends teased me for it. "Hold on guys, I gotta Phisto before we go."

Destiny's end-game content will 'blow players' minds'

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Saturday, June 28, 2014, 14:42 (3561 days ago) @ bluerunner

So, there will be additional game modes to story-mode, exploration, pvp, strike, and raid? It sounds like this is only a small fraction of game modes they have planned to release. Maybe the loot grind isn't going to dominate the end-game like I previously thought.

Customization does not equal grind

by Durandal, Sunday, June 29, 2014, 16:48 (3560 days ago) @ Kalamari

I think Bungie has been hitting on the "play your way" aspect pretty hard. With the ease of getting a class maxed out with good gear, the end game must rely on more the narrative gameplay and messing with the mechanics of it then ensuring you have a burst rifle +5 instead of +4.

Look at WoW, all the end game content has been shifted away from the tank, dps, heal trifecta that was so prevalent the first few years. It is a good bet that Bungie is aware of that, and has changed the end game content around so as to encourage players to think instead of kill 100 fallen rats.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread