Guardian Radio with DeeJ Episode 68 -- Bungie Day 07/08/14 (Fan Creations)

by roland ⌂ @, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 08:19 (3577 days ago)

Episode 68: http://theguardiansofdestiny.com/2014/07/08/guardian-radio-episode-68-with-deej/

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/guardian-radio/id607799620?mt=2

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GuardiansofD

LIVE on Twitch Mondays at 10:30PM EST / 7:30PM PST: http://www.twitch.tv/guardianradio

Episode 68

Happy Bungie Day! Episode 68 is now deployed. Joining us on this special Bungie Day episode is the Gunslinger himself, Bungie’s Community Manager DeeJ. DeeJ stops by to chat about Bungie Day and the recent Collector’s Edition announcements. He also shares some details on how Clans and Alliances will work in game. Have questions on how your gaming community will will be represented in-game? The answers may be in this episode!

Don’t forget to send in your questions and topics to us to feedback@theguardiansofdestiny.com. You can also hit us up on Twitter @GuardiansofD. If you enjoy the show you can subscribe to it on iTunes. Be sure to hit us up with a rating and review while you’re there. Join us for the LIVE recording of each episode every Monday on http://www.twitch.tv/guardianradio at 10:30PM EST/ 7:30PM PST. If you can’t catch the LIVE recording you can catch a replay with the Twitch chat on our YouTube channel. As always…Guardians! Embrace your Destiny!

On the topic of clans vs alliances

by Yapok @, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 08:31 (3577 days ago) @ roland

Given what was said about clans having a member limit, with alliances having clans associated with them...should the DBO group move to a clan, or to an alliance?

It depends on how many members there are, but my first thought is that it should be an Alliance, with individual clans associated with DBO. This allows for TSD or a PS4 specific clan for instance.

What do you all think?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 09:02 (3577 days ago) @ Yapok

Given what was said about clans having a member limit, with alliances having clans associated with them...should the DBO group move to a clan, or to an alliance?

It depends on how many members there are, but my first thought is that it should be an Alliance, with individual clans associated with DBO. This allows for TSD or a PS4 specific clan for instance.

What do you all think?

This (DBO as an Alliance instead of Clan) seems to make perfect sense to me.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 10:29 (3577 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Perhaps we could have a clan for each console: DBO-PS4, DBO-XB1, ect. Those plus other groups like TSD could fall under the DBO alliance.

I like this idea best

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 10:31 (3577 days ago) @ bluerunner

Perhaps we could have a clan for each console: DBO-PS4, DBO-XB1, ect. Those plus other groups like TSD could fall under the DBO alliance.

That way we can find people to play with without worrying about forming an additional group under the DBO umbrella.

Same thing, right?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 10:54 (3577 days ago) @ Xenos

I think we are all saying the same thing, right? (That being, a general DBO Alliance with multiple DBO Clans (DBO-PS4, DBO-Xbone, DBO-TSD, etc) as part of the DBO Alliance.)

Same thing, right?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 10:57 (3577 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yeah. Although I wouldn't force a clan to use the DBO tag in their name. TSD could just stay TSD if they want to be in the alliance. I could form a clan called No Bones Allowed and still be a part of the DBO alliance.

We should probably name them something clever.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 11:31 (3577 days ago) @ Speedracer513

As opposed to boring platform names.

We should vote.

~m

You can only join one clan, right?

by petetheduck, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 11:44 (3577 days ago) @ Malagate

If you can only join one clan, having one for each console doesn't necessarily make sense. I mean, it does, but I don't know if that's the absolute way to divide the community.

I think that will happen naturally, for a clan to have members of a single platform, and so the primary division should be based on something else. I recommend play patterns, like was discussed in the podcast:

I.E.,
Clan X plays every Friday night, 10PM EST, primarily Xbox 360.
Clan Y plays weekends, focuses on Strikes, primarily PS4.
Clan Z is in college and plays every waking hour of every day on every console.

The goal of the clan is to find people to play with, right? So you want to join a clan whose members are online generally the same time as you.

True, true.

by Yapok @, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 11:51 (3577 days ago) @ petetheduck

we have plenty of time to figure that all out still :)

You can only join one clan, right?

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 11:53 (3577 days ago) @ petetheduck

The goal of the clan is to find people to play with, right?

WRONG

The unifying force of a clan should be something greater than mere convenience. Ideology. Purpose. Passion.

We'll spend some time in the TSD Fealty Lair to discuss our alliances, if any. I'd like to know more about the mechanics of alliances, and if there are any consequences (pros, cons) to them. It'd be kind of lame if there were no drawbacks to allying with other clans.

Unlocks based on Clan/Alliance achievements would be sweet.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 11:55 (3577 days ago) @ Schooly D

- No text -

DBONE

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 14:07 (3577 days ago) @ Malagate

As opposed to boring platform names.

We should vote.

~m

DBONE - Destiny.Bungie.One

Speaking of the DBO bnet group

by Yapok @, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 11:07 (3577 days ago) @ Yapok

Looks like ncsuDuncan is going to have to make the switch to an alliance as he is the bnet dbo group boss.

Guardian Radio with DeeJ Episode 68 -- Bungie Day 07/08/14

by petetheduck, Tuesday, July 08, 2014, 11:35 (3577 days ago) @ roland

As always, absolutely worth listening to--Guardian Radio has been a weekly pleasure for me.

This is the first time I've heard DeeJ actually address the situation with Xbox players directly, and I'm glad he did. I appreciate his words, --they don't change anything, it's still garbage, and it will still be garbage when we're playing the Beta and full release and don't care any more-- but I appreciate his words.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread