Beta Scope, 4 Story Missions, 4 Crucible Maps, 1 Strike (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, July 14, 2014, 04:15 (3545 days ago)

From Polygon but actually from Reddit:
[image]

I'm wondering if we'll be sending souls screaming back to hell again in the beta.

In comparison, for those who didn't have the opportunity to try the Alpha, it had 1 Story Mission, 2? Crucible Maps, 1 Explore Mode, 1 Strike

So maybe they're referring to "A huge world to explore" as another "Explore" area.

Beta Scope, 4 Story Missions, 4 Crucible Maps, 1 Strike

by Numinar @, Monday, July 14, 2014, 04:41 (3545 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Hmmm, story missions are cool. Not as replayable as the strikes though. Was hoping for one more strike at/near the level limit of the Beta.

I imagine 1-2 of the story missions are the early/tutorial missions that take place before the Wizard mission in the alpha, with one after?

Guessing the Crucible maps are the ones announced on IGN, hopefully with new modes!

Wonder if the explore mode is more fleshed out now, or if some of those secret, empty places from the Alpha will be more populated now.

All baseless guesswork based on an unreasonable level of excitement. I didn't get bored of the Alpha in the 3 days we had it, but might burn out if the Beta content is 90% the same. Or maybe it will force me to get better at MP.

I'd never bet against Bungie, but I didn't pre-order until the Alpha feedback (and then a charitable alpha access key) sold me. Cannot wait!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 14, 2014, 08:32 (3545 days ago) @ Numinar

Hmmm, story missions are cool. Not as replayable as the strikes though. Was hoping for one more strike at/near the level limit of the Beta.

I imagine 1-2 of the story missions are the early/tutorial missions that take place before the Wizard mission in the alpha, with one after?

Guessing the Crucible maps are the ones announced on IGN, hopefully with new modes!

Wonder if the explore mode is more fleshed out now, or if some of those secret, empty places from the Alpha will be more populated now.

All baseless guesswork based on an unreasonable level of excitement. I didn't get bored of the Alpha in the 3 days we had it, but might burn out if the Beta content is 90% the same. Or maybe it will force me to get better at MP.

I'd never bet against Bungie, but I didn't pre-order until the Alpha feedback (and then a charitable alpha access key) sold me. Cannot wait!

This might sound weird in that I'm a huge story fan, but I wish there was less story. With new Bungie games, I prefer to immerse myself in the story first, and have it unfold in one long arc, over as a few sessions as my schedule will allow. I don't really want to have a big chunk of the game be a replay when I finally get it. But maybe four missions won't be that big of a chunk. :)

The one in the Alpha took 2 minutes

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, July 14, 2014, 08:55 (3545 days ago) @ Kermit

4 story missions may not be a lot in Destiny.

True enough.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 14, 2014, 09:02 (3545 days ago) @ RC

- No text -

by yakaman, Monday, July 14, 2014, 10:52 (3544 days ago) @ RC

2 minutes, for real? Are they a bit like an episode of Spartan Ops in scope/content?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 14, 2014, 11:26 (3544 days ago) @ yakaman

2 minutes, for real? Are they a bit like an episode of Spartan Ops in scope/content?

That's a bit of an exaggeration. It was more like a strike mission with more Ghost dialogue.

It was a exaggeration...

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, July 14, 2014, 12:21 (3544 days ago) @ yakaman

...for the average person.

I managed to do it in 1:56 on Legend. Race past everything, shotgun a few badguys, rocket the Wizard in the face with an upgraded RL.

Playing more casually it's more like 10 minutes.

Did you happen to record that?

by rhubarb, Monday, July 14, 2014, 12:51 (3544 days ago) @ RC

That sounds awesome! I'd like to see stuff like that.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Monday, July 14, 2014, 11:18 (3544 days ago) @ Numinar

I'm fairly certain that in one of the IGN videos they said that Control would be the only MP mode.

- CC

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 02:58 (3544 days ago) @ CaneCutter

I'm fairly certain that in one of the IGN videos they said that Control would be the only MP mode.

- CC

Which one, I heard him dodge the question in the Moon one I think?

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 05:47 (3544 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- CC

Which one, I heard him dodge the question in the Moon one I think?

It's the Rusted Lands video at about a minute in. Lars states that Control is the one gametype that we'll play in the beta.

- CC

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 23:12 (3543 days ago) @ Numinar

Hopefully there are still some secret empty places in the final game, for reasons I'm sure other people can articulate (or think up) better than me... anyone?

Exiting!

by GrimBrotherIII, Monday, July 14, 2014, 10:09 (3545 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

No, not yet! It hasn't even started!

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Monday, July 14, 2014, 10:22 (3545 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

- No text -

Grim III, come back!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, July 14, 2014, 10:25 (3545 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

- No text -

Do you C what I C?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 14, 2014, 10:29 (3545 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

- No text -

And with that, Grim was gone....

by yakaman, Monday, July 14, 2014, 10:50 (3544 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

- No text -

We'll sure miss your enthusiasm, bro ;)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, July 14, 2014, 10:56 (3544 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

- No text -

Pursued by a bear.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 14, 2014, 11:39 (3544 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

- No text -

I apologize for pushing you over the edge!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 02:59 (3544 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

- No text -

Stage left, I hope?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 05:43 (3544 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread