So about that judder... (Destiny)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, July 18, 2014, 11:04 (3564 days ago)

Urk suggests it's being worked on, might even be fixed during the beta.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121603801&postcount=37

So about that judder...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, July 18, 2014, 11:56 (3564 days ago) @ uberfoop

Yeah, there are a couple of odd quirks and glitches that weren't in the Alpha (last night I was getting a lot of odd visual errors and glitches, but they were gone this morning), I chalked it up to build/network instability. Nice to hear that it might be fixed during the Beta, though, Maybe that's what the maintenance on the 21st-22nd is for as well.

So about that judder...

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, July 18, 2014, 12:10 (3564 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, there are a couple of odd quirks and glitches that weren't in the Alpha (last night I was getting a lot of odd visual errors and glitches, but they were gone this morning), I chalked it up to build/network instability. Nice to hear that it might be fixed during the Beta, though, Maybe that's what the maintenance on the 21st-22nd is for as well.

The frame timing issues were present in the alpha. The game overall holds 30fps, but it's a slightly stuttery 30fps.

Digital Foundry Tackles The Beta

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Saturday, July 19, 2014, 17:51 (3562 days ago) @ uberfoop

Unfortunately, the beta version of Destiny continues to show signs of an uneven spread of frames, which while averaging out at the promised 30fps, produces a judder sensation to lateral camera movement. As a shooter played largely from the first-person view, the camera pivots more aggressively than most games, making this issue easier to pick out. It's very much playable, but we feel Bungie is doing itself a disservice given its in-house engine is clearly capable of pushing out a rock-solid frame-rate.

Article Here

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread