A new FPS from Bungie's co-founder *OT*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:13 (4053 days ago)

I linked to this in an old thread below, but many may never see it, and I think this is of interest to Bungie fans. Color me intrigued.

Teaser

Documentary part 1

Documentary part 2

Blog

Some real talent is involved, that's for sure.

by Beckx, Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:07 (4052 days ago) @ Kermit

With Scalzi on to write & do world-building, they have someone with the writing chops, that's for sure.

(Remains to be seen if Scalzi's talent can translate to game writing, of course.)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:06 (4051 days ago) @ Beckx

With Scalzi on to write & do world-building, they have someone with the writing chops, that's for sure.

(Remains to be seen if Scalzi's talent can translate to game writing, of course.)

Yep. As I said, I'm intrigued.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, February 22, 2013, 20:10 (4052 days ago) @ Kermit

From the documentaries, I really like the team personality ("...we're some cynical, crusty, opinionated bastards" lol), and the game idea sounds cool. I may even try the game when it's released, but I'm not much of a mobile gamer. When I do play a mobile game, I'm just looking for a couple minutes of fun. If I wanted a "core gamer" kind of game, I would play a console game. I guess we'll see though; I am happy to be proved wrong with this.

A wild Paul Bertone appears.

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Friday, February 22, 2013, 20:36 (4052 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

I noticed him too

by scarab @, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 05:23 (4052 days ago) @ biggy

He made some good levels, tough ones if memory serves :-)

Found this on bnet. They had the dots, they just didn't join them. :-)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 22, 2013, 23:54 (4052 days ago) @ Kermit

An FPS. For iOS.

Next.

Agreed.

by bryan newman @, Kentucky, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 01:00 (4052 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Mobile phone games are basically booger flicking simulators. It's a damn shame that this is where the industry is headed.

It wont be twitch based...

by scarab @, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 05:26 (4052 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Beyond that I don't know. If I had an IOS device then I could find out for myself. I will just have to see what others think of it when it comes out.

Skepticism is healthy.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 07:07 (4052 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You're looking hale and hearty there, Cody.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 10:53 (4051 days ago) @ Cody Miller

An FPS. For iOS.

Next.

It's not the fact that it's a mobile shooter that gets me, though historically I don't think those have been particularly great. It's the fact that it's iOS only. I thought we were past that point by now.

It's just like Mac and PC gaming...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 14:03 (4051 days ago) @ stabbim
edited by Xenos, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 14:09

by kapowaz, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:01 (4051 days ago) @ stabbim

It's not the fact that it's a mobile shooter that gets me, though historically I don't think those have been particularly great. It's the fact that it's iOS only. I thought we were past that point by now.

Because android users have demonstrated a wholehearted aversion to piracy and like to buy apps? Because developing android apps is relatively painless compared to iOS?

Devs talk about these issues all the time. Until they get fixed they're going to continue to make iOS exclusives.

They mention other possible mobile platforms.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 15:04 (4051 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

by doober187, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 04:43 (4052 days ago) @ Kermit

If it natively supports the 360 controller via OTG cable, then I'm in.

It's currently only for iOS, so no controllers :(

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:50 (4052 days ago) @ doober187

- No text -

No controllers announced

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:55 (4052 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I'd be surprised if they don't support the iOS compatible controllers though.

Oh yea, no. I meant to say, when it comes out for aOS.

by doober187, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:33 (4052 days ago) @ Xenos

If.

by Jabberwok, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:09 (4052 days ago) @ Kermit

An exploding sun in the trailer. Must be the trih xeem.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 22:47 (4051 days ago) @ Kermit

Looks pretty cool, and has some nice talent behind it. I wonder how they got Serj Tankian to do the trailer?

Too bad it's mobile though, I'll probably never touch it. I know it costs more to put it other places, but I just don't think core gamers are going to give a shit about mobile games anytime soon. Everyone I know who wants gaming on the go, beyond puzzle games or simple stuff like Plants vs Zombies, would rather get a handheld. I guess this stuff will catch on a bit more when everyone has a smart-phone.

Even so, as cool as the concept art is, the game itself looks pretty basic due to the limitations of the hardware and requirement of touch controls. They should figure out a way to make this a cheap Steam game or something with Green Light.

Iiiiiinteresting...

by thebruce ⌂, Ontario, Canada, Monday, February 25, 2013, 07:13 (4050 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

that same old feeling.....

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 11:43 (4049 days ago) @ Kermit

first contact with aliens goes wrong
aliens want to wipe out humanity
mission starts with a crash, and player "wakes up"

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread