The Nine (Destiny)

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 00:11 (3536 days ago)

Any speculation on who or what they might be?

And any other little story/dialogue to tidbits that you've caught so far?

The Nine

by car15, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 00:31 (3536 days ago) @ Mr Daax

They're the Nazgul.

The Nine

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 03:50 (3536 days ago) @ Mr Daax

This is the first I've even heard about them...

The Nine

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 05:29 (3536 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Hang out around the Speaker for a little while. He says something along the lines of, "Why won't the Nine help is out?" I've heard him say it a couple times now. I'll try catching the exact quote tonight.

The Nine

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 08:05 (3536 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Hang out around the Speaker for a little while. He says something along the lines of, "Why won't the Nine help is out?" I've heard him say it a couple times now. I'll try catching the exact quote tonight.

Xenos posted a video with a reference to the Nine here:

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=28472

By the The Nines!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 04:09 (3536 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I have no idea what you're referring to. The only "the nine" I know of are the nine divines (eight if you're a filthy Thalmor) from the Elder Scrolls universe.

Could it be referring to our solar system?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 05:21 (3536 days ago) @ JDQuackers

The nine being either eight planets + Pluto (but why the hell would we go back to calling it a planet in the future); or perhaps the traveller or the sun would be the ninth "thing" in whatever you're referring to...?

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 05:30 (3536 days ago) @ JDQuackers

The nine being either eight planets + Pluto (but why the hell would we go back to calling it a planet in the future); or perhaps the traveller or the sun would be the ninth "thing" in whatever you're referring to...?

I had the same thought, but from the way the Speaker talks about them, I get the impression that they're people.

The Awoken Queen?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 05:40 (3536 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Perhaps the Awoken Queen is one of the nine? Other factions of humanity that aren't on Earth?

The Awoken Queen?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 06:52 (3536 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Yeah, after seeing the context of the quote--maybe it's like "the nine colonies", where each planet/moon that is livable has a small stronghold of humanity left that fights back the darkness on their respective space rock.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, July 25, 2014, 20:21 (3534 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Their name could still be a symbolic reference to 9 planets.

The who?

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 04:26 (3536 days ago) @ Mr Daax

News to me.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread