Destiny Competitive Multiplayer Trailer (Destiny)

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 10:42 (3516 days ago)

Films

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 12:26 (3516 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Hype.

Look at all those shots that look like they were taken in theatre mode.

Destiny better have film support :-p

Films

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 12:34 (3516 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Look at all those shots that look like they were taken with a dev fly cam mode

FTFY

Films

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 13:00 (3516 days ago) @ uberfoop

Look at all those shots that look like they were taken with a dev fly cam mode

FTFY

Yeah, well, that always was the origin of theater mode.

Films

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 13:28 (3516 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, well, that always was the origin of theater mode.

Not really. The core idea implied by the phrase "theatre mode" is playback, which has little to do with free camera control. Classically, replay modes often didn't directly support any special camera options; theatre mode in Halo 3 blended two old concepts together, but even if they go well together, they don't really require or imply each other.

Destiny Competitive Multiplayer Trailer

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 12:43 (3516 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Goodness me, hype indeed!

I am SO ready for this.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 12:45 (3516 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f
edited by Ragashingo, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 12:51

I love the love that the lovely Titans got shown here:

1. A shoulder charge then power melee double kill.
2. What seemed to be a 5x kill with Fist of Havoc.
3. Using Ward of Dawn to protect B on First Light.
4. Taking out an Interceptor with a Death from Above enabled Fist of Havoc strike.

Lovely! :)

Ward of Dawn stops Nova Bomb.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 14:12 (3516 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I am going to lean into the Defender subclass all the way.

I have a feeling Defender and Sunsinger are going to be it for me late-game.

So far beyond hype.

~m

We can't all be on defense!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 14:33 (3516 days ago) @ Malagate

I have this sickening feeling that sometime I'm going to be forced into playing the role of the all powerful, leg-kicking, stun-grenading, area-of-effect-power-punching, shield-sprinting, fly-through-the-air-fist-of-havocing-plus-shockwave-plus-aftermathing-ing, Arc Titan of Doom...

Actually that doesn't sound like such a bad role... on occasion. :)

I Think You May Be Mistaken

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 17:27 (3516 days ago) @ Malagate

That looked like a void shell from a rocket launcher or alternately a vortex grenade. The explosion was very different to the effect from the nova bomb. The shell itself trailed purple, but the explosion looked similar to the regular RL or grenade. See at the 32 and 52 second marks and again at the 1.10 — 1.12 where you see the two types in succession.

"We're recording a trailer, so everyone rush B!"

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 14:30 (3516 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

SUPERCHARGED.

A few glorious seconds of bladedancer

by ZaneZavin @, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 16:48 (3516 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

- No text -

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 19:32 (3515 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

I can't help but notice the lack of Scout Rifle and Pulse Rifle use in the trailer. I guess they are so bad that Bungie doesn't even use them.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 20:04 (3515 days ago) @ Kalamari

I can't help but notice the lack of Scout Rifle and Pulse Rifle use in the trailer. I guess they are so bad that Bungie doesn't even use them.

Yeah, for some reason the POV players were always using Auto Rifles, but I did see a number of the third person shots showed players using Scout Rifles. Personally, while I think Auto Rifles do need to be balanced a small amount, the Scout Rifle served me fine, on Venus especially.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 20:08 (3515 days ago) @ Xenos

Agreed. I loved my scout rifle. Never got a kill with a Pulse Rifle though. I think they need a 1000x damage boost to be useable. :)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 20:16 (3515 days ago) @ Ragashingo

A big reduction in recoil would help. Unless the enemy was very close the last couple of rounds would go over their head.

The auto rifles could have a reduction in range to balance them out. That way there could be a more defined separation in useful ranges from short to long: shotguns>auto rifles> pulse rifles> scout rifles> snipers. Because of the recoil, pulse rifles only felt useful in shorter ranges than auto rifles.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 20:19 (3515 days ago) @ bluerunner

Yeah. I felt like they probably did good damage with headshots... but aiming for headshots would end up with you doing 1/3 damage from the missed shots. I really wanted to like them too but besides a slightly faster reload they seemed outclassed on either end by Auto Rifles and Scout Rifles. :(

Okay, no, Supers are totally "Kill Everything Now" moves

by Avateur @, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 16:22 (3515 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Did anyone else just watch this trailer?! I mean yeah, I'm hyped, and they were freaking awesome to watch, and I'm not even trying to debate whether they're fun or if they suck or should be in the game! I'm just saying, those things are beyond a shadow of a doubt "Blow Up The Entire Map and Everyone On It" moves. Real talk. Real hyperbole. Real hype. Fear the Supers.

No - It's a Trailer

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 16:33 (3515 days ago) @ Avateur

This is obviously done for a trailer, you know; action, explosions, sparkles etc set to pumped music.
It's not like the whole team gets blown away every time someone uses a super.

No - It's a Trailer

by Avateur @, Wednesday, August 13, 2014, 16:40 (3515 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

Fact: If I use my Super and you die, even if it's just you, you just got insta-killed by my "Kill You Instantly" technique. If I miss, well damn. And if I have the Golden Gun, well, you know the old saying. Miss you once, shame on me. Miss you twice... yeah, right, like that's gonna happen. ;)

No - It's a Trailer

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, August 14, 2014, 11:48 (3514 days ago) @ Avateur

Fact: If I use my Super and you die, even if it's just you, you just got insta-killed by my "Kill You Instantly" technique. If I miss, well damn. And if I have the Golden Gun, well, you know the old saying. Miss you once, shame on me. Miss you twice... yeah, right, like that's gonna happen. ;)

On the bright side, Titanfall's Smart Pistol will get significantly less rage.*

*utterly undeserved yeah I said it

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread