This is my Destiny...

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 12:40 (4074 days ago)

[image]

inb4 crushed dreams and dashed hopes.

I applied as a tester...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 13:05 (4074 days ago) @ RC

I applied as a tester... never heard back. I only have the minimum requirements though.

This is my Destiny...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 13:22 (4074 days ago) @ RC

I want to apply for Food Tester. Y'know, make sure nothing's poisoned, everything is cooked right, how we can incorporate food properly into the story and gameplay of Destiny, etc. That kind of stuffs.

This is my Destiny...

by petetheduck, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 13:54 (4074 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I want to apply to be Urk's parrot. I might not be able to sit on his shoulder, but I can hover ominously.

I can also whisper suggestions, if he'd like, as if I were his good conscious. He'd have to find someone else to be his bad conscious on the other shoulder. I suggest Schooly D, he's got some great ideas. I'd like to see where that would end up. I mean, no, Urk, don't do that. Don't listen to Schooly D.

This is my Destiny...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 13:55 (4074 days ago) @ petetheduck

I want to apply to be Urk's parrot. I might not be able to sit on his shoulder, but I can hover ominously.

Nonsense. I heard Urk's shoulders can bear the weight of two average Japanese sumo wrestlers. Get up on there, tiger!

This is my Destiny...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:38 (4074 days ago) @ petetheduck

I had a dream the other night that I visited Bungie. I think in my dream I was still a kid and it was some kind of class field trip. Urk had an office off to one side of the main room you see in the vidocs. I and the other kids got to hang out in his office. I don't remember what we saw or what was said. All I can remember is that I observed that Urk was losing his hair and had a pointy head. I have no idea why I dreamed that.

Urk does have a pointy head.

by MartyTheElder, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:39 (4074 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

This is my Destiny...

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:46 (4074 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Can I be the tall skinny guy who wanders around with his hands in his pockets, and nobody knows exactly what he does but is too polite to ask? I have three years experience!

They already have a Jason Jones :-D *NM*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:53 (4074 days ago) @ Dagoonite

- No text -

CURSE YOU JASON!

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 15:56 (4074 days ago) @ Xenos

He's now my sub-nemesis. Right behind Bob Saget. Steven Seagal is safe once again... for now.

Sign over Bungie's door: no Jasons!

by scarab @, Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 08:29 (4073 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

This is my Destiny...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:04 (4074 days ago) @ RC

I'd be pretty surprised if they could find someone better suited for the role.

This is my Destiny...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 17:56 (4074 days ago) @ RC

[image]

The best to you RC. Presuming they say come in for an interview, I hear that the process Bungie uses is pretty tough and prolonged (12 Hour interview). I would imagine it wouldn’t be that bad if you both know what you are doing and obsessively love what you do.

That said, as a tester you will learn to love - than hate - then be indifferent (slightly) of whatever game you test.
But of course – you knew that much. ^ _ ^
(Felt a need to say it anyway)

Then again...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 18:14 (4074 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I hear that the process Bungie uses is pretty tough and prolonged (12 Hour interview).

...knowing RC, I expect he'll be through that interview in 3 hours tops. On Mythic. We'll need a saved film to verify, of course. ;)

Does Bungie let interviewees use glitches? *NM*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 18:20 (4074 days ago) @ Beorn

- No text -

I'm think if he does it Pacifist, he can skip parts

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 18:52 (4074 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

This is my Destiny...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 18:00 (4074 days ago) @ RC

Good luck. Several grizzled ancients started out as testers, you know.

This is my Destiny...

by urk, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 19:45 (4074 days ago) @ Kermit

Good luck. Several grizzled ancients started out as testers, you know.

Our studio president came up through test. And now look at him, arms majestically dangling at his side. Bracketed by not one, but three mute and nearly immobile minions.

Living the dream!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 21:45 (4074 days ago) @ urk

- No text -

This is my Destiny...

by Veegie, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 21:33 (4074 days ago) @ RC

Best of luck!

Good luck dude :)

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:11 (4074 days ago) @ RC

- No text -

Go calcitrare some perinaeum!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:46 (4074 days ago) @ RC

- No text -

Good luck!

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 01:32 (4073 days ago) @ RC

Definitely something top of mind for me lately.

Good luck to you, and your noble endeavor.

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 08:20 (4073 days ago) @ RC

[image]

Dashed hopes?

Tch, more like, hashed DOPES, yo.*

(* 2 out of 3 dogs agree, ignoring what I have to say is often the best policy.)

This is my Destiny...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 14:31 (4073 days ago) @ RC

Wouldn't you have to move to the states?

Do testers get H-1B Visas?

This is my Destiny...

by Tails @, Across the Pond, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 02:32 (4072 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Wouldn't you have to move to the states?

Some of us are willing to do that ;)

Good luck RC!

US immigration is the potential setback, yes

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 04:32 (4072 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread