Playstation Exclusive Content Video (Destiny)

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 12:36 (3522 days ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp3-3oXiZyU

Monte Carlo, Dust Palace and Exodus Blue are all PS exclusive... My question does that mean Xbox launches with 9 MP maps? They keep saying 10, but does that include the exclusive PS map?

Notice the Hawkmoon has 12 bullets in its clip

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 12:39 (3522 days ago) @ Doooskey

- No text -

Notice the Hawkmoon has 12 bullets in its clip

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 12:47 (3522 days ago) @ Xenos

I am terrified of that gun already. 3 (THREE!) of the bullets in the magazine do considerably more damage when that bad boy is fully upgraded. At least their are 12 bullets in the mag.

Correction... It has 13 in the clip.

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 12:56 (3522 days ago) @ Xenos

If you watch closely, the clip actually shows 13 for the tiniest window.

Correction... it doesn't have a clip.

by NotTheVacuum, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 13:11 (3522 days ago) @ Doooskey

- No text -

....cylinder...

by GrimBrother IV, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 13:08 (3522 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

That's a huge freaking cylinder...

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 13:27 (3522 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

...Let's chalk it up to space magic.

Or small cartridges.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 13:36 (3522 days ago) @ Doooskey

You can buy a 12 shot revolver today.
http://www.uberti.com/1873-cattleman-22-revolver

Pocket universes. Tiny, tiny pocket universes.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 16:54 (3522 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Playstation Exclusive Content Video

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 12:44 (3522 days ago) @ Doooskey

Good question. I could care less about the weapons and armor.

But if they've been "misleading" with the announcement of 10 MP maps for launch (but really only 9 for Xbox) (and really only 8 if The Burning Shrine isn't unlock-able till level 20 and it's one mode) then I'll be a bit put-off. If Exodus Blue is an 11th map for PS users, that's fine. It'll come to Xbox eventually (right?).

I guess I haven't heard anything on the promised number of Strikes, but again, timed exclusivity I believe. I'll get to play it eventually.

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 12:48 (3522 days ago) @ breitzen

Good question. I could care less about the weapons and armor.

But if they've been "misleading" with the announcement of 10 MP maps for launch (but really only 9 for Xbox) (and really only 8 if The Burning Shrine isn't unlock-able till level 20 and it's one mode) then I'll be a bit put-off. If Exodus Blue is an 11th map for PS users, that's fine. It'll come to Xbox eventually (right?).

I guess I haven't heard anything on the promised number of Strikes, but again, timed exclusivity I believe. I'll get to play it eventually.

I have not been put off by anything yet, but I agree with your sentiment here. If we only have 9 on Xbox, I'd be a bit put off by the claim of 10 that we have been clearly hearing lately.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 12:50 (3522 days ago) @ breitzen

According to the leaked lists of maps pulled from the beta Exodus Blue makes it 11, so 10 is for everyone.

In that case...

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 13:10 (3522 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

I'm not going to turn into a crazy mad Yeti!

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:42 (3522 days ago) @ breitzen

Description on the Playstation video says "Timed exclusive until at least Fall 2015". Probably exactly 1 year.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:48 (3522 days ago) @ breitzen

But if they've been "misleading" with the announcement of 10 MP maps for launch (but really only 9 for Xbox) (and really only 8 if The Burning Shrine isn't unlock-able till level 20 and it's one mode) then I'll be a bit put-off.

I'm a bit put off anyway, just because 10 seems like a really small number in this day and age. I mean Halo had what, 12?

Compared to what?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 14:50 (3522 days ago) @ Cody Miller

by Yapok @, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 16:59 (3522 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But if they've been "misleading" with the announcement of 10 MP maps for launch (but really only 9 for Xbox) (and really only 8 if The Burning Shrine isn't unlock-able till level 20 and it's one mode) then I'll be a bit put-off.

I'm a bit put off anyway, just because 10 seems like a really small number in this day and age. I mean Halo had what, 12?

Revolvers don't typically have high capacity (5-6 shots is the norm). It would be odd to me if they did. I like revolvers, but we could use some other types of pistols.

Stated vs. Expected

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 17:32 (3522 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I suppose I can understand that. For me it's more of a "they said 10 maps so that's what we should get" over "Halo games averaged 12 maps so that's what we should get". It makes up for it if there are more activities overall to do in Destiny. I can accept two less MP maps at launch (compared to past Bungie titles) for more playable spaces outside MP. At least, that's the way I see it.

Dat Manifold...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, August 27, 2014, 16:30 (3522 days ago) @ Doooskey

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread