Bungie Celebrating the Destiny Community (Destiny)

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:13 (3515 days ago)

Bungie Celebrating the Destiny Community

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:20 (3515 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Yes, I immediately checked how much last-minute flights from Dallas to Seattle cost... No, I cannot afford it. :-/

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:38 (3515 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Yes, I immediately checked how much last-minute flights from Dallas to Seattle cost... No, I cannot afford it. :-/

Yeah, same... I wish I could just drop things and cross the pond! One day I'll pop on over for something. Probably PAX.

I'll be there :-D

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:28 (3515 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:32 (3515 days ago) @ Xenos

What time do you plan on being there? I may join you!

by petetheduck, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:33 (3515 days ago) @ TDSpiral

You guys should totally camp out the night before.

That'd be fun/horrible!

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:34 (3515 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:35 (3515 days ago) @ TDSpiral

Probably around two hours before it opens at least. If you want, e-mail me your number and I'll let you know when I plan on getting there the night before.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:50 (3515 days ago) @ Xenos

Probably around two hours before it opens at least. If you want, e-mail me your number and I'll let you know when I plan on getting there the night before.

Man, I wish I had more vacation. Would have stayed in town.

~m

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:53 (3515 days ago) @ Malagate

~m

Luckily I'm close enough that the drive isn't TERRIBLE. I'll have racked up about 48 hours of driving after going back to Seattle and coming home next week.

Dude, be safe on the road!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:54 (3515 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 17:00 (3515 days ago) @ Xenos

Luckily I'm close enough that the drive isn't TERRIBLE. I'll have racked up about 48 hours of driving after going back to Seattle and coming home next week.

I'd come down but I don't want to make the 80 minute drive again.

uuuuuuuuggggghhhhhh

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 17:04 (3515 days ago) @ kanbo

I'd come down but I don't want to make the 80 minute drive again.

Eighty minutes from Bellingham to Seattle? What the fuck are you driving at like warp 9.975 or something?

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 17:10 (3515 days ago) @ Grizzlei

South Bellingham to Bungle HQ isn't so bad as long as it's not during rush hour. Speed limit on I-5 north of Everett is 70 for the most part.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 17:13 (3515 days ago) @ kanbo

South Bellingham to Bungle HQ isn't so bad as long as it's not during rush hour. Speed limit on I-5 north of Everett is 70 for the most part.

It's 80 if you know where the wasps chill.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 14:10 (3515 days ago) @ Malagate

I've got plenty of vacation but a certain amount of work that needs to get done between now and next Friday.

Otherwise, yeah.

I Can See It Now

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 14:58 (3515 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

Me too!

by GrizzNKev, Down the street from Microsoft, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 17:55 (3515 days ago) @ Xenos

I want to be first in line.

Overnight camping... would be very tiring.

So much want.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 13:42 (3515 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Alas - I'm camping on the 8th. Oh! Curse the timing! You know what we need? Some DBO/BUNGIE funtime in this Destiny thing - NO AIRFARE REQUIRED!

I call dibs on the Effects Lead!!
(Seeing as such a person probably knows how to make things blow up really really nice. ;))

by Mars ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 15:11 (3515 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Damn! If only it wasn't during my work hours so I could drive up from Portland! I really want to meet the UI team!

by Evil Otto, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 16:35 (3515 days ago) @ Mars

Damn! If only it wasn't during my work hours so I could drive up from Portland! I really want to meet the UI team!

D'aww. We love you too! :o)

by Mars ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 17:09 (3515 days ago) @ Evil Otto

After Destiny's release, will Bungie be more open to guests stopping by?

I'm going up to Seattle in October and I'd love to ask the you or your team some questions. I'd really love to know what things the UI team will be working on moving forward, what the process was like juggling all of Destiny's features throughout the years, the team's backgrounds, and what things a graphic designer can do to really impress you guys with their portfolio.

I can only imagine how much planning, research, and sketching went into putting the initial UI together.

I found success in this method:

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, September 05, 2014, 10:02 (3514 days ago) @ Mars

Wait until he's making meatballs in the kitchen. He'll literally have his hands full and won't be easily able to walk away. Boom. Captive audience.

~m

Awesome! Wish i could be there!

by GrimBrotherIII, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 18:50 (3515 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

Oh FFS...

by LordOwen, Hiroshima, Japan, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 19:15 (3515 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

If only this could have happened while I was still in Seattle for PAX and NOT sitting on my ass in Texas...

I'll just jump on a 19hr flight....

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 20:41 (3515 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

...if I had all the time and money in the world

I'll just jump on a 19hr flight....

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, September 04, 2014, 23:10 (3514 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

...if I had all the time and money in the world

Yeah, at that point flying back would impact the actual release of Destiny. My partner suggested I fly from Nice in a mildly amused manner.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread