What changed from the beta? Find out here. (Destiny)

by GrimBrother IV, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:30 (3515 days ago)

This cracked me up.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:36 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

"Flawless Raider achievement cut, then un-cut, then cut, then un-cut, then declared immune to further cutting."

This cracked me up.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:41 (3515 days ago) @ Kermit

Blind Watch

Windmill now pumps approximately 14% less liters of waters per match from 3.5L to 3L.

Game-changer.

This cracked me up.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:42 (3515 days ago) @ uberfoop

I assume this meant the big windmill rotates a bit slower so less people bounce off the blades? Or maybe it's a conservation issue? :p

Oddly specific changelog entry is oddly specific...

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:43 (3515 days ago) @ uberfoop

- No text -

This cracked me up.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:48 (3515 days ago) @ Kermit

I actually laughed out loud at that one. :)

The one change I might not like

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:41 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Pulse Rifles: Reduced the base Rate of Fire by [8% to 19], modified by weapon stat

I really found nothing wrong with the rate of fire on the Psi Umbra, the pulse rifle I used the most. Seemed like it wasn't too dominating over other weapons in PvP nor was it a slayer in PvE.

All of the Interceptor changes seem good though. I was really hesitant to see anything changed with her and hopefully it will be just as fun.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:43 (3515 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Pulse Rifles: Reduced the base Rate of Fire by [8% to 19], modified by weapon stat

I really found nothing wrong with the rate of fire on the Psi Umbra, the pulse rifle I used the most. Seemed like it wasn't too dominating over other weapons in PvP nor was it a slayer in PvE.

I think the stability and damage boosts will far more than compensate. High rate of fire seemed useless to me in the beta since I couldn't hold a Pulse Rifle enough on target to make it count...

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:44 (3515 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think the stability and damage boosts will far more than compensate. High rate of fire seemed useless to me in the beta since I couldn't hold a Pulse Rifle enough on target to make it count...

I hope so. My accuracy with the pulse rifle was very different. Repeat burst headshots were pretty easy in close quarters and at range.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:47 (3515 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Keep in mind I much preferred the very accurate, very low shot to shot recoil or the Scout Rifles so my impression may be somewhat relative...

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:45 (3515 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I noticed this too. Hopefully the other buffs outweigh this change; however the rifle I used in the beta (don't recall the name) had a perk that turned it into full-auto firing mode. This almost let me fire as fast as my trigger finger could finger. I hope to find a similar weapon to see how it performs in the current build

What changed from the beta? Find out here.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:41 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Auto Rifles took a nice hit. I was really surprised how much they increased the zoom of Hand Cannons. Pulse Rifles got a good increase to both power and stability... the two areas I felt they were really lacking... but fire a bit slower. I think this will be a big change for the better. Sad to see any negative changes to my Scout Rifle of Doooooom... but I'll live. The weapon changes really want me to try a Pulse Rifle!

I'm curious, if you can get more Crucible Marks per game did they also increase the earning limits or do we just hit the cap sooner?

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Monday, September 08, 2014, 11:13 (3515 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Sad to see any negative changes to my Scout Rifle of Doooooom... but I'll live. The weapon changes really want me to try a Pulse Rifle!

This! At least the changes to the scout rifle weren't too dramatic!

I'm curious, if you can get more Crucible Marks per game did they also increase the earning limits or do we just hit the cap sooner?

As it wasn't mentioned, I'm guessing it hasn't changed for now, but we'll soon see! :)

...all these patch notes have shot my excitement through the roof! Let the slowest day of waiting commence!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, September 08, 2014, 15:30 (3515 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Reading this changelog makes me feel like I'm back in the heyday of ME3 multiplayer. :)

Yep. Good Times. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 08, 2014, 15:33 (3515 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

Such good times those were!

by Zero @, Florida, Monday, September 08, 2014, 15:47 (3515 days ago) @ stabbim

- No text -

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:43 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

-Swapping weapons from inventory now only takes 50% of the ammo in PvE
--------
Strikes

-Strikes now award increasingly more Vanguard Marks at higher levels.
-Strikes now award significantly better Gear at lower levels.
-Fixed an exploit using Ward of Dawn against Sepiks Prime
---------
-Treasure chest glimmer drop rate reduced, but added Materials to loot table.
-Treasure chests now have a small chance to award large drops of additional Glimmer, >Materials, Engrams, and Consumables.

These are interesting.

Raids

-Raid condensed to two difficulty tiers, in order to get straight to the punishment. Levels >adjusted.
-Flawless Raider achievement cut, then un-cut, then cut, then un-cut, then declared immune to >further cutting.
------
-Spidertank leg health reduced by 16% (base 3000 to 2520) per leg
------
-Bounty introduction unlock moved from Level 6 to Level 4.
-Engram and Package tooltips now indicate what they can contain
-Cryptarch reputation earned from purchasing Engrams are greatly reduced

These more so.

What's with the Sniper stability change?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:49 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Did anyone feel their sniper rifle wasn't stable enough?

I thought PS4 reported Destiny was now at 1.0.2 *NM*

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:49 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Where's my Destiny patch notes live-stream?!

I wondered about that, too.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:51 (3515 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

Perhaps PSN version != actual game version

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:52 (3515 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Maybe this is an internal quirk with the way that the PSN store handles versions of game files

Wait... Removed Subclass Locking?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 08, 2014, 10:54 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Defender, Sunsinger, Blade Dancer from level 1 now?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 08, 2014, 11:00 (3515 days ago) @ Ragashingo

While that would be pretty bad ass, I'm thinking its more about "since the beta".

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, September 08, 2014, 11:01 (3515 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Sounds that way. I never understood why we wouldn't be able to choose any subclass from the get-go anyway.

I think I saw on Reddit someone mentioned that they saw a Bungie employee with a L5 character that was using Defender

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Monday, September 08, 2014, 11:08 (3515 days ago) @ Ragashingo

From the notes:

Removed subclass locking from builds.

I read that as removing the "Lock this Subclass and gain a stat boost" option at the far right of the class upgrade screen. That option is missing from Lars' Titan, for instance.

We don't have to wait long to find out. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 08, 2014, 11:15 (3515 days ago) @ SteelGaribaldi

Look at all the options he has unlocked at 15 though... It's like he didn't just switch to a fresh, unupgraded subclass. I'm hopeful I'll be able to start as a Defender. :)

Here is another idea.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 08, 2014, 13:39 (3515 days ago) @ Ragashingo

From this image below.

[image]

Look what is missing the the updated build. The lock.

by DerekT07, Tennessee, Monday, September 08, 2014, 15:39 (3515 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Not the case, unfortunately. Still requires level 15.

Oh well. Thanks for checking. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, September 08, 2014, 15:42 (3515 days ago) @ DerekT07

- No text -

We need to make a log of this.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 08, 2014, 11:01 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Like we do the Friday Updates. ;)

by petetheduck, Monday, September 08, 2014, 11:05 (3515 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

But somehow compiled so we can see the gradual changes over time for a particular item.

Yep, this would be top notch!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Monday, September 08, 2014, 11:08 (3515 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 08, 2014, 13:35 (3515 days ago) @ petetheduck

But somehow compiled so we can see the gradual changes over time for a particular item.

I actually considered that, but that sounds like alot of work to do right, be it manual or automatic. Its a pity the idea didn't come to me (or anyone else for that matter) sooner, could have had more time to make something.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, September 08, 2014, 11:57 (3515 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Absolutely. Great idea.

by Lord Friendship @, Monday, September 08, 2014, 16:18 (3515 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

You'd need a pretty hefty database to handle that, and probably manual entry of each changelog. Interesting idea, though...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, September 08, 2014, 22:26 (3515 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

When Mass Effect 3's multiplayer was still being updated/tweaked, BioWare had a forum thread where they posted each update. Comments from the peanut gallery were disabled to keep it neat and orderly.

Bungie, if you're reading: having a central place people can come to to check for these tweaks and see all the changes, past and present, is an excellent idea. See here for reference.

by FyreWulff, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 12:53 (3513 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I did it for Reach, I CAN DO IT AGAIN

(maybe)

For now, it seems Destiny will be around for a while, so don't have to worry about patch notes disappearing like they did before.

So, no beards then? :(

by GrimBrotherIII, Monday, September 08, 2014, 12:48 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

- No text -

by Thiassi, Monday, September 08, 2014, 13:23 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

Booooo! I could've sworn beards where promised... Ahhhh there's a source somewhere... Unless I'm mistaken...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, September 08, 2014, 13:38 (3515 days ago) @ Thiassi

Booooo! I could've sworn beards where promised... Ahhhh there's a source somewhere... Unless I'm mistaken...

On the last Guardian radio they were saying that since Luke Smith mentioned them maybe they'd be a possibility, but he actually said something like when adding beards is their main concern, they'll be doing well. It was in the context of saying that it's a living game, and they're going to be working hard to keep us playing it.

by Thiassi, Monday, September 08, 2014, 15:59 (3515 days ago) @ Kermit

Ah! I believe thats where I heard it!

by Drshock, Tuesday, September 09, 2014, 04:59 (3515 days ago) @ Kermit

Instead of doing what all games do and just having us choose a beard;
they should give us the ability to grow a beard over time.
Maybe even give it it's own subclass perks like:
Conditioner: You have begun to condition your beard on a daily basis and now it is extra silky smooth.
Maybe I'm being excessive. Maybe.

Who knows, maybe they're already included! :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, September 09, 2014, 08:23 (3514 days ago) @ Drshock

- No text -

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, September 08, 2014, 15:24 (3515 days ago) @ Thiassi

They said they are probably going to happen at some point, but it would probably be down the road.

Here's the latest article regarding it.

When you earn it. ;)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 08, 2014, 13:35 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

- No text -

from the beta or from v1.0.0?

by Decom @, Monday, September 08, 2014, 15:19 (3515 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Are these all the changes since the beta or are these the changes since version 1.0.0? Or was the beta v1.0.0?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread