A game idea I had before Destiny was revealed.

by Ends of Stories @, Near Bellingham, WA., Thursday, February 28, 2013, 11:17 (4069 days ago)

So, basically as the topic header said I had an idea about a game I wanted to make. This game was something that resembled a mix between a rpg,a fps, and a scifi with a few horror elements. It would put players into the shoes of what I called a Talgeese Tactical Assault Soldier (TTAS for short. Although the name is subject to change), although instead of a typical male character being the lead this time it would be female (no changing gender allowed, at least not in the campaign mode once the prologue is finished). The rpg elements in the game would have mostly been used to "upgrade" your characters power over their respective lone element (Fire, Water, Earth, or Air), such as giving it more damage or a longer duration (and much more of course). But I am unsure of weather to delve further into my idea (and try to create it) or not since Destiny is pretty similar in the aspect of the rpg elements, although we don't know what the "Travelers powers" that the "Guardians" receive are quite yet. I'm hoping its not elemental in nature, but the ideas are just too similar (minus the horror aspect).

If you have any thoughts feel free to comment and tell me (And if your from Bungie, feel free to give me your honest opinion). And if everyone wants to know more then I'll be happy to share what i have so far with my idea's and story line.

Thanks,

Ends of Stories.
Bungie world explorer since 2001

Traveler gifts = Avatar elements = Very Yes

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:30 (4068 days ago) @ Ends of Stories

I really like the idea of the Traveler's gift being elemental in nature, and possibly leading to complex character trees (i.e. Wind Titan or Flame Warlock)

Though I may just be a sucker for Avatar the Last Airbender and it's mythos.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread