Text on new Destiny poster *IMG*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 17:29 (4073 days ago)

[image]

In case anyone was curious what the text says, mine came in the mail today:

WE GUARDIANS ARE NO LONGER
BOUND TO OUR EARTHLY HOME.
The time has come to rediscover all we
have lost. To take our worlds back from
our enemies, and make the City safe again.

"the frontier awaits"...

by doober187, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 19:29 (4073 days ago) @ Xenos

I can only hope that means its a space sim on top of the shooter. The same way Halo is a driving/flying game on top of a shooter.

Agreed

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 19:37 (4073 days ago) @ doober187

Even if it's about as simple as the fighter level from Halo Reach I'd still love it.

"the frontier awaits"...

by kapowaz, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 19:54 (4073 days ago) @ doober187

I can only hope that means its a space sim on top of the shooter. The same way Halo is a driving/flying game on top of a shooter.

I've been suspecting this for some time; they did a lot of work delivering an action flight-sim sequence in Reach (still one of my favourite space dog fighters, even when compared to the likes of Freelancer) and yet it was only used in one relatively short chunk of the game. I'm fairly certain that everything they did post-Halo 3 was in some way a proof of concept for ideas they wanted to explore in Destiny. The modular hub-level for ODST also springs to mind...

"the frontier awaits"...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:01 (4073 days ago) @ kapowaz

I've been suspecting this for some time; they did a lot of work delivering an action flight-sim sequence in Reach (still one of my favourite space dog fighters, even when compared to the likes of Freelancer) and yet it was only used in one relatively short chunk of the game. I'm fairly certain that everything they did post-Halo 3 was in some way a proof of concept for ideas they wanted to explore in Destiny. The modular hub-level for ODST also springs to mind...

I have thought very similar things. It would explain why Halo 1-3 kept things relatively similar and then there were massive departures in gameplay in ODST and Reach. It actually made me excited when I realized that's probably what they were doing since I LOVE the armor abilities in Reach, and the Sabre scene, and VISR from ODST, and loadouts (though 4 takes it to far) and I could probably go on but I will not.

"the frontier awaits"...

by Lekku, Canada, Friday, March 01, 2013, 05:29 (4072 days ago) @ Xenos

I had similar thoughts about their experimentation in Reach leading to things in Destiny but specifically around the tech they explained for Forge World. Being able to display large areas without using up excessive amounts of memory and scaling it up or down based on where you are in the world. Seems to me like that would be a pretty useful thing to be able to do when exploring planets.

Thanks!

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 19:52 (4073 days ago) @ Xenos

I had been wondering, so I appreciate it.

I'm not a big poster person, and the price was a little too high since I opted for the higher quality more expensive art print (received mine, it is awesome. Got #60/150. Glad to help the Bungie Foundation).

What is above the sphere on the right of the ship?
And how about the sphere array in the top left and the line written under it? The array reminds me of one of the new backgrounds on the Bnet or Twitter.
And then there is the angular shapes, They look like the fletching/vanes (feathers) on the back of an arrow.
My suspicion of crossbow type/like weapons in Destiny is ever growing. :)

Just for you Pyro *IMG*

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:11 (4073 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Do you mind if I call you Pyro?

[image]

00.45.0X39S

[image]

C11.32
TRNSM: 0209.37694.0

I didn't take pictures of the feather like images since they don't really have any more that what you see from the picture online.

I actually found a forum topic on Bungie.net

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 20:14 (4073 days ago) @ Xenos

Analyzing what this stuff might mean. Someone pointed out C11:32 maybe a reference to Corinthians from the Bible:

Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world.

The forum topic:
http://www.bungie.net/7_Analysis-Destiny-Ship-Poster-Text/en-us/Forum/Post?id=59896509

I actually found a forum topic on Bungie.net

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, February 28, 2013, 21:43 (4073 days ago) @ Xenos

Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world.

Seems to fit the general situation with humanity having just been handed its collective ass. I can't make heads or tails of the other numbers.

Text on new Destiny poster *IMG*

by Cillen, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 01:02 (4071 days ago) @ Xenos

That fighter screams Bebop..

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread