*sOT* Conspiracy! Everywhere!

by BMRX, British Columbia, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 18:59 (4062 days ago)

So I'm new here... Never even heard of HBO or the like until about half an hour ago.

Anyways! As I understand it, there is a lot of conspiracy theories around... With Bungie's secrecy and what not. It seems to revolve around the number Seven... I had no clue that for most of the time I had been sporting some sort of secret icon as my emblem for so long... (I found this site due to my disappointment with a lack of The Seventh Column emblem in the latest Halo release)

I'm wondering if the Conspiracy theories that I've seen around here are actually close to truth? Some people seem to be hell bent on decoding an actual release date for Destiny... Which seems to have Seven letters in it... Clever? Coincidence? I'm not sure what to believe any more.

Back to my question, has there actually been anyone to properly "decode" or "figure out" any secrets before release dates or what have you... Does my question make sense? I'm not sure, I hope so. Confusion has hit me and my mind is blown... So blown...

EDIT/ I would post this on the Bungie site... But I like it here better.

Some Say. . .

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 19:04 (4062 days ago) @ BMRX

... its The Tru7h. The Whole Tru7h. Nothing But The Tru7h.
(Oh and welcome to *.B.O - The men in white coats should be here shortly with your complementary jacket.)

Some Say. . .

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 19:47 (4062 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Some say that only he knows the release date for Destiny, and that his other car is a Warthog. All that we know is he's called the Stig.

by ncsuDuncan @, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 19:33 (4062 days ago) @ BMRX

So I'm new here... Never even heard of HBO or the like until about half an hour ago.

Anyways! As I understand it, there is a lot of conspiracy theories around... With Bungie's secrecy and what not. It seems to revolve around the number Seven... I had no clue that for most of the time I had been sporting some sort of secret icon as my emblem for so long... (I found this site due to my disappointment with a lack of The Seventh Column emblem in the latest Halo release)

I'm wondering if the Conspiracy theories that I've seen around here are actually close to truth? Some people seem to be hell bent on decoding an actual release date for Destiny... Which seems to have Seven letters in it... Clever? Coincidence? I'm not sure what to believe any more.

Back to my question, has there actually been anyone to properly "decode" or "figure out" any secrets before release dates or what have you... Does my question make sense? I'm not sure, I hope so. Confusion has hit me and my mind is blown... So blown...

EDIT/ I would post this on the Bungie site... But I like it here better.

Welcome to DBO! Glad you like it so far.

As for the "release date conspiracy theories", I wouldn't spend too much time on them. I'd be very, very surprised if Bungie or Activision have a firm date picked already. Stuff like that tends to change a lot as they figure out when other games/consoles are releasing (and when exactly they'll be done with Destiny). Bungie is known to put teases and codes in pre-release material, but I think it's far too early for them to start teasing a release date now.

Stick around! I'm sure we'll dig something up eventually, even if it's not a date. :)

by BMRX, British Columbia, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 19:35 (4062 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Oh the humanity! Seven! It's everywhere! There are seven letters in my first name! Does Bungie have a hand in this? I see Seven everywhere now! And only because I want my old emblem back! :(

Thanks for the warm welcome!

by Jillybean, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 02:40 (4062 days ago) @ BMRX

You are the chosen one. The one we have been waiting for. It will be an honour to serve you, my liege

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 08:44 (4060 days ago) @ BMRX

I see Seven everywhere now!

One of us. One of us. One of us.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 19:43 (4062 days ago) @ BMRX

I'm guessing you've figured out by now why that's the case.

I haven't seen anything about that.

They did do that Alpha lupi thing two weeks ago that gave us some cryptic information about Destiny, and I think there's stuff still hidden in the files they made available. As for a release date, I'm not sure they even know when they're releasing yet.

This thread.

by ODST VII ⌂, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 21:15 (4062 days ago) @ BMRX

I'm new here as well. This place seems to be a more serious Destiny/Bungie discussion area. While I'm sure site leaders are happy to get new users posting OTs, some of the established community, evidently, will not tolerate threads like these.

That's not to say this is a hostile place, but a better place to post your thread would be on bungie.net's Flood or Destiny forums. There you will find an audience that may enjoy your thread. Chill out people.

This thread.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 21:29 (4062 days ago) @ ODST VII

I'm new here as well. This place seems to be a more serious Destiny/Bungie discussion area. While I'm sure site leaders are happy to get new users posting OTs, some of the established community, evidently, will not tolerate threads like these.

That's not to say this is a hostile place, but a better place to post your thread would be on bungie.net's Flood or Destiny forums. There you will find an audience that may enjoy your thread. Chill out people.

You think some of us will "not tolerate threads like these"? hah :) If it gets to a point where the first page of the forum is just as much off topic as on, I think the Great Old One might have an issue, but up until then it should be fine, and really this isn't even off-topic.
(BTW Wu, I've been trying to figure out what to call you, "Claude" sounds too personal especially for someone I haven't met in person but "Mr. Errera" sounds way too formal; that nickname just came to me, how do like it?)

Just call him gramps.

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 00:51 (4062 days ago) @ General Vagueness

- No text -

Get off my lawn.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 07:28 (4062 days ago) @ biggy

- No text -

Nice try, Marty.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, March 04, 2013, 02:08 (4061 days ago) @ General Vagueness

the Great Old One

(BTW Wu, I've been trying to figure out what to call you, "Claude" sounds too personal especially for someone I haven't met in person but "Mr. Errera" sounds way too formal; that nickname just came to me, how do like it?)

But there can only be one holder to the rights of that title. The one who dwells in the Ivory Tower was here before the river and the trees; He remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn. In the beginning, locks of his glorious mullet spilled over the sands of time like quantum strings upon the infinite barbershop floor our universe. They say you can still hear faint strains of the first Big Jingle if you listen very hard, gazing up at the stars on a cloudless night.

This thread.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 21:30 (4062 days ago) @ ODST VII

Indeed. We here at the BO Established Community will not tolerate anything outside of the bounds of super serious discussions about Bungie's destiny and pictures of squirrels.

This thread.

by ODST VII ⌂, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 21:48 (4062 days ago) @ uberfoop

My time here has been fairly short, but it's obvious that topics posted here are consistently of a higher caliber then on BNet. The first posts on the thread seemed to be attacks against the OP.

This sentiment may be a product of my years on bungie.net.

This thread.

by BMRX, British Columbia, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:02 (4062 days ago) @ ODST VII

Yeah, though I agree that the threads here are much more... How can I say.. Intellectual? I did not/do not in any way feel that the replies were personal attacks against me.

Just some good laughs, if something like that were to offend me then I should not be on the internet.

But if you did not understand my original question, it was mainly me just asking if any of the crazy conspiracy theories that I've seen have actually been true or close to the truth.

This thread.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:09 (4062 days ago) @ ODST VII

The first posts on the thread seemed to be attacks against the OP.

I see. Your BO message connotation sensors are not yet calibrated.

This thread.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:10 (4062 days ago) @ uberfoop

Calibrate them to "stunning" because we all are.

This thread.

by ODST VII ⌂, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:15 (4062 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm sorry. I'm not following.

Don't feel bad...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:17 (4062 days ago) @ ODST VII

I'm sorry. I'm not following.

It was a really dumb joke on my part.

Don't feel bad...

by BMRX, British Columbia, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:19 (4062 days ago) @ Xenos

It's okay Xenos, I'm sure most of the users think you're stunning.

Awwww shucks.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:19 (4062 days ago) @ BMRX

- No text -

This thread.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 21:47 (4062 days ago) @ ODST VII

Chill out people.

Whatcha talkin' bout, Willis?

This thread.

by ODST VII ⌂, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 21:50 (4062 days ago) @ Kermit

I definitely made a jackass out of myself.

This thread.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:06 (4062 days ago) @ ODST VII

It's the Internet, everyone is a jackass :-D

This thread.

by BMRX, British Columbia, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:10 (4062 days ago) @ Xenos

Amen to that, now back on topic.

The Seventh Column, I have decided is an elite council created by Bungie. Showing absolute loyalty and praise towards The Seventh Column, will grant you freedom in the new world order.

Once Bungie takes control of the world, those who have been decided as their biggest and most loyal of supporters will gain title, land, and above all else... Power.

All hail the new rulers of the world! All hail The Seventh Column, may they bring us peace and prosperity like never seen before!

This thread.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:11 (4062 days ago) @ BMRX

Amen to that, now back on topic.

The Seventh Column, I have decided is an elite council created by Bungie. Showing absolute loyalty and praise towards The Seventh Column, will grant you freedom in the new world order.

Once Bungie takes control of the world, those who have been decided as their biggest and most loyal of supporters will gain title, land, and above all else... Power.

All hail the new rulers of the world! All hail The Seventh Column, may they bring us peace and prosperity like never seen before!

Mostly I just hope they don't fire me into the sun with their Giant Slingshot.

This thread.

by BMRX, British Columbia, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:13 (4062 days ago) @ Xenos

It would be a grand spectacle indeed, to see those unfortunate enough to be shot into the sun upon it's zenith. Praise be to The Seventh Column for not firing us into the sun!

This thread.

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 10:23 (4061 days ago) @ BMRX

What if the land and title awarded to me were located on the Sun?

At least it'd save me a trip.

This thread.

by RC ⌂, UK, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 06:48 (4062 days ago) @ BMRX

The Seventh Column is the name for Bungie's fans. You know that, right?

The general forums on B.net used to be called 'The Seventh Column' and groups used to be called 'chapters' of said Column.

This thread.

by BMRX, British Columbia, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 14:28 (4061 days ago) @ RC

That's the cover story, only those who believe can see the truth.

And pizza distribution. Don't forget the pizza.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, March 03, 2013, 11:30 (4061 days ago) @ BMRX

- No text -

This thread.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:50 (4062 days ago) @ ODST VII
edited by Chewbaccawakka, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 22:54

It happens to the best of us.

Think it less "HOW DARE YOU!?" and more "gentle ribbing".

'Cause 9 out of 10 times that's probably what it is. Oh, and welcome by the way!

This thread.

by Jillybean, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 02:41 (4062 days ago) @ ODST VII

I don't know, the community's tolerated me for the past ten years. I post pics of shoes when I'm bored.

We wouldn't have a problem...

by katancik ⌂ @, Portland, OR/ University of Texas, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 14:40 (4061 days ago) @ Jillybean

if they didn't stink.

by mikefishr, Bloomington, IN, Sunday, March 03, 2013, 19:07 (4061 days ago) @ BMRX

Conspiracy theory is conspiring to screw with your mind. Think nothing of the fact distortion field you see forming around you. It's just there to protect you.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread