TCM Hard Mode Raid crew, Saturday 9am PST (Recruitment)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 18:55 (3462 days ago)

The Xbox folks seem to be doing a lot of raids. Meanwhile we PS4 people are just chilling. So, let's make our own raid crew. With blackjack, and Vex Mythoclasts.

DBO Needs to crack the Vault of Glass on Hard mode! If you are on PS4, sign up here. I'll put together the fireteams.

Hard mode requirements:

You need to be 28 MINIMUM.
Have strong Void Weapons.
Have a Mic.
You need to have beaten the raid before.
Oracle Disruptor Weapons a huge plus.
Be on PS4.

I will be at Game Audio Con Tuesday and Wednesday, so I can't run one then. So it's the weekend!

Saturday @ 9am PST

Reply with your gamertag (Unless I already have raided with you), your class, and your level. Plan to play until the afternoon to be safe.

TCM Hard Mode Raid crew, Saturday 9am PST

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 21:21 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm tentatively in. Finally got an exotic helmet to go along with my raid boots and legendary chest and gloves, so I should be 28, if not 29 by Saturday. I have also finally begun accruing legendary and exotic weapons.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, October 05, 2014, 22:32 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Xbox folks seem to be doing a lot of raids. Meanwhile we PS4 people are just chilling. So, let's make our own raid crew. With blackjack, and Vex Mythoclasts.

DBO Needs to crack the Vault of Glass on Hard mode! If you are on PS4, sign up here. I'll put together the fireteams.

Hard mode requirements:

You need to be 28 MINIMUM.
Have strong Void Weapons.
Have a Mic.
You need to have beaten the raid before.
Oracle Disruptor Weapons a huge plus.
Be on PS4.

I will be at Game Audio Con Tuesday and Wednesday, so I can't run one then. So it's the weekend!

Saturday @ 9am PST

Reply with your gamertag (Unless I already have raided with you), your class, and your level. Plan to play until the afternoon to be safe.

Just finished running my fourth Vault of the day, I feel like a Raiding machine... Definitely itching for Hard mode. You already know what it iz.

Scratch that...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, October 06, 2014, 07:45 (3462 days ago) @ Korny

Saturday @ 9am PST

Apparently I have to go to a wedding on Saturday, so I won't be available until late.

Sunday's good for me, though...

Sadly, I cannot

by LordOwen, Hiroshima, Japan, Monday, October 06, 2014, 00:27 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'll be in Dallas, interviewing for a job teaching English in Japan that morning. Any other time after that starting Sunday, I'd be game. Sorry, but this week, I"ll be out of the running.

Best of luck!

Unfortunately I will be busy

by Yapok @, Monday, October 06, 2014, 06:15 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by RAMBO_BLACKOUT, Monday, October 06, 2014, 07:35 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Gamertag: RAMBO_BLACKOUT
Class: Hunter, Gunslinger
Level 29
I am willing to play for as long as its going to take

3 more to go!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, October 06, 2014, 10:43 (3462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

2 to go

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 07, 2014, 07:17 (3461 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Having second thoughts....

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, October 06, 2014, 18:31 (3461 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So... um... yeah...

I spent much of today while at work watching some of the popular Destiny streamers attempting the raid on hard. They are all lvl 29 with a plethora of fully upgraded exotic and legendary weapons and they all play every day full-time -- and they were having massive amounts of trouble with it, largely because of the damage output reductions (and increased incoming damage) due to being under-leveled for the final portions. Additionally, the oracles appear to have buckets more health than they do on normal.

I am still more than happy to give it a go with y'all, I am just a wee bit concerned that we won't stand much of a chance. I have the armor to get to level 29 but I don't know for sure if I'll be able to level it all the way there by Saturday, and I don't yet have an impressive arsenal of firepower. I felt like one of my biggest contributions last time was taking out oracles with my golden gun and auto/fusion rifles and I am not very confident I will be as solid of a contributor this time around.

TL;DR - I am still more than happy and excited to give it a go on hard mode with you all on Saturday, just a bit scared of the drastically increased challenge and my likely inability to pull my weight.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 07, 2014, 07:17 (3461 days ago) @ Speedracer513

TL;DR - I am still more than happy and excited to give it a go on hard mode with you all on Saturday, just a bit scared of the drastically increased challenge and my likely inability to pull my weight.

Just buy a Shadow Price and you'll be fine :-p

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, October 07, 2014, 08:16 (3461 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Would the Shadow Price be significantly better than my Lord High Fixer (or perhaps Thorn)?

I'd like to try

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, October 07, 2014, 16:06 (3460 days ago) @ Cody Miller

29, Hunter. Planning to buy a Legendary Void Fusion Rifle and MG this week.

Orcale Disrupter Sniper: Praedyth's Revenge.

Beaten it once before with an impromptu BOrg crew. Not totally clear on all the best strats but I can kill stuff pretty good.

1 More to go.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, October 07, 2014, 22:34 (3460 days ago) @ RC

- No text -

Update on my progress

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, October 09, 2014, 08:47 (3459 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I am still at level 27, needing at least 8 more ascendant shards before Saturday. Should be doable, especially if can get a quick (normal) raid in tonight or tomorrow night.

Update on my progress

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, October 09, 2014, 09:03 (3459 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I am still at level 27, needing at least 8 more ascendant shards before Saturday. Should be doable, especially if can get a quick (normal) raid in tonight or tomorrow night.

We may have to turn this into a normal mode raid. Hard mode is posing problems for some. Will update tomorrow, but something is happening regardless.

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Thursday, October 09, 2014, 09:46 (3459 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm tired of waiting for my raid armor to drop, so I'm pumping my shards into my current armor to get me to 29. I should have enough to get 28, it may be a while before 29 though.

Update

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Friday, October 10, 2014, 08:13 (3458 days ago) @ Kalamari

I actually had enough Shards for level 29, so it wasn't that difficult. But still working on leveling up my sniper, rocket launcher, and fusion rifle to max level.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread