Destiny Books/Comics Speculation

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 09:44 (4061 days ago)

I was thinking about today how with Destiny it will strange to have books and comics about characters that you may not encounter in the same way as Halo. While it is definitely still a possibility to have Destiny related books and comics about characters in game I thought of a cool alternative.

What if Bungie made a comic or even a book about the adventures of a group of Guardians who were actual players following their actual adventure? This probably won't be what happens, but think about how cool it would be to know the adventure you're reading was an adventure experienced by a fellow player!

Mite b cool.

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 19:56 (4061 days ago) @ Xenos

But the general reception of The Flood could cause them to steer away from that idea. I don't really want re-tellings of a game I'm playing/played, even if it's in something the can be different like Destiny seems to be.

I'd guess we'd get stuff setting the current factions and such up, and then current stuff related to what we play but not directly influence. I'm mostly just curious if we'll learn much about the previous Age or whatever of humanity beyond seeing ruins and such, or if it'll stay mostly mysterious.

Mite b cool.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 23:03 (4061 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

But the general reception of The Flood could cause them to steer away from that idea. I don't really want re-tellings of a game I'm playing/played, even if it's in something the can be different like Destiny seems to be.

Excellent point, which is why it'd itself lend better to a comic format.

Mite b cool.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 10:09 (4059 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

I'd like to see something telling about the "end of days" as it were. Only after the game's progressed to a point where we have a general idea of what happened though. Assuming there's anything to tell in the first place - depending on HOW sudden the event was, such a book might simply consist of 300 pages of someone's everyday life, with "And then I looked up and saw fire in the sky, and was all 'WTF?'" on the last page.

Personally, I quite enjoyed The Flood. I liked seeing another perspective of those events, and being inside Jenkins' and Keyes' heads as they went through their transformations. Also, I am a terrible Halo fan and just finished Ghosts of Onyx yesterday. I am slowly catching up...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread