Snubbed

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 13:23 (4039 days ago)

:-p

I like how on the community spotlight, any mention of me and haloreach.isnotcanon.net was conveniently removed from Narcogen's submission in the section about his podcast.

I WONDER WHY.

Snubbed

by Flynn J Taggart, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 13:37 (4039 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I like how on the community spotlight, any mention of me and haloreach.isnotcanon.net was conveniently removed from Narcogen's submission in the section about his podcast.

I WONDER WHY.

You just haven't updated the site with your knee-bent retraction of Reach's canonicity, yet. When you do that, they'll be sure to acknowledge your existence again.

Snubbed

by Hedge ⌂, Australia, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 13:51 (4039 days ago) @ Cody Miller

.isnotcannon.net will probably be featured next week.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 14:31 (4039 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Snubbed

by ckamp, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 14:46 (4039 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Perhaps it's because Narc is the type of guy who hears information and thinks through the implications making conjectures without proclaiming them as fact. The new information is not immediately assumed to be negative. He keeps his conjectures open.

You tend to hear something new that doesn't mesh with your world-view of how games should be made and start proclaiming as fact that this will break the game. You may be a long-time fan and critic (not a contradiction) of Bungie, but your doomsday critiques are often made from partial information.

Partial information is how Bungie rolls. Thus it is not surprising that they would be hesitant to direct fans to someone who doesn't interpret partial information in a gracious way. Also, you're coming off a bit entitled right now. Your longevity and history haven't bought you the golden ticket of recognition you apparently were expecting. You can interpret it as a conspiracy about about trying to cover up the existence of haloreachisnotcanon.com, or some other nay-saying cover up, but I'm betting they just like better (or more gracious) interpreters of their disclosures- especially as new fans come around to see Destiny.

Snubbed

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 15:20 (4039 days ago) @ ckamp
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 15:24

Also, you're coming off a bit entitled right now.

I'm sorry you don't know how to read emoticons:

I never actually thought they would mention HRINC. Duh. I did kind of think they would mention the folks on the podcast, including me, Blackstar and Miguel, who also got left out since the submission also included info about them.

Fair

by ckamp, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 15:30 (4039 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Because it would encourage trolls.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 15:33 (4039 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Snubbed

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 17:18 (4039 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Great podcast, BTW.

Snubbed

by Flynn J Taggart, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 19:40 (4039 days ago) @ Kermit

Great podcast, BTW.

I liked it also. It's cool to hear a roundtable of old timers talking about the current happenings of Bungie.

Snubbed

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, March 08, 2013, 00:02 (4039 days ago) @ Flynn J Taggart

Great podcast, BTW.

I liked it also. It's cool to hear a roundtable of old timers talking about the current happenings of Bungie.

Definitely an interesting discussion. I was a little surprised at how grumpy, grizzled, and jaded the group came off sounding though. Miguel is plainly disappointed by the lack of substantial content in the announcement, which is understandable, but Cody, dude...you just sound like you're completely uninterested in Destiny while actively looking for reasons to dislike it. I can see tempering expectations but come on!

Snubbed

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 08, 2013, 00:06 (4039 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Definitely an interesting discussion. I was a little surprised at how grumpy, grizzled, and jaded the group came off sounding though. Miguel is plainly disappointed by the lack of substantial content in the announcement, which is understandable, but Cody, dude...you just sound like you're completely uninterested in Destiny while actively looking for reasons to dislike it. I can see tempering expectations but come on!

I am uninterested given what I know now. When I know more, it may change. Who knows. I might end up knowing something that makes me buy the game.

I wrote off Halo 4 till I actually played it, so lesson learned.

Snubbed

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Saturday, March 09, 2013, 03:21 (4038 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I am uninterested given what I know now. When I know more, it may change. Who knows. I might end up knowing something that makes me buy the game.

I get that. There's not much information to go on at this point aside from a grand concept, and if you're not a fan of MMO style games then I could see how you might be a little unfazed. We know so little about the game for certain. All I'm saying, and this isn't directed at you but at the whole community really, is that while we're all starving for more Destiny information, I'd rather waste my time listening to someone speculate about what might be fun rather than what might be terrible.

Snubbed

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, March 08, 2013, 02:50 (4039 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I was a little surprised at how grumpy, grizzled, and jaded the group came off sounding

Being a Halo fan for ten years can do that to a person. Like, I've spent almost a decade harbouring quite the grudge against a game that I like and have played many times over.

Indeed, Halo 2 and I have a strange relationship.

Snubbed

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Saturday, March 09, 2013, 03:50 (4038 days ago) @ uberfoop

Being a Halo fan for ten years can do that to a person. Like, I've spent almost a decade harbouring quite the grudge against a game that I like and have played many times over.

Indeed, Halo 2 and I have a strange relationship.

I don't know. I've been around since '99 and I'd say I'm almost as excited for Destiny as I was for the original Halo. Bungie's trying something new. That's all I need to know. It's like my favorite band is in the studio recording a new record. Sure, they might have a few tracks that were hit or miss on each of their albums, but their sound has been consistently evolving. At this point, it's all in the realm of possibility and imagination.

Snubbed

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 22:31 (4039 days ago) @ Kermit

Great podcast, BTW.

Thanks!

Snubbed

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, March 07, 2013, 22:08 (4039 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I WONDER WHY.

Actually a good amount of text was removed, including everyone else's submitted texts, for reasons of length.

I may put up the whole thing, or maybe just write an "about the podcast members" page to include that stuff.

Conspiracy theories not required.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread