Y'know what I'm looking forward to?

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 15:16 (4087 days ago)

Being in on the ground-floor start of a new Bungie story!

I didn't discover Halo til' midway between CE and 2, after which I rediscovered the Marathon series, and I totally missed out on all the Myth and Oni stuff.

So I'm really really pumped to see this story from the beginning; discovering it alongside all you fun people, speculating and extrapolating and deducing, and ultimately enjoying not just the game, but a new(ish) community as well.

I'm jazzed to contribute my one or two images a day to the ARG decoding effort, and see the result. Sure, I know someone would probably solve it even if I just sat back and watched, but I can take a sliver of pride in knowing that I helped solve it a little faster. ;)

It's just more fun when you get involved. The way my dad put it, "people tend to support what they help to create". Now maybe we didn't create the game itself, but we most certainly can be responsible for the creation of the community around it, and we're definitely responsible for the fun we have with it. If you don't want to have fun doing something, you're probably not going to.

I'm looking forward to having fun discovering Destiny.

~ Mid7night

by firestream, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 15:26 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

Great point, I feel the same way. I came into Halo at Halo 3 and have become a huge fan of Bungie and how they do things. Can't wait!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 15:49 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

*like.

I feel the same way, though I am not as wonderful with words.

by Captain Spark @, Oregon, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 16:02 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

It will be fun being involved when this new universe unfolds. I was a year late getting Halo and I never played any of Bungie's previous games. This should be fun.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 10:47 (4087 days ago) @ Captain Spark

It will be fun being involved when this new universe unfolds. I was a year late getting Halo and I never played any of Bungie's previous games. This should be fun.

Maybe you should play some of their older games. I can at least guarantee you they will be good, while Destiny will be a gamble.

0. Operation Desert Storm - crap
1. Pathways in Darkness - good
2. Marathon - Fantastic
3. Marathon 2 - Extra Fantastic
4. Marathon Infinity - Extra Fantastic
5. Myth - great
6. Abuse - good
7. Weekend Warrior - crap
8. Myth 2 - great
9 Oni - good / great somewhere in between

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 16:10 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

I'm looking forward to Sunday.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 20:54 (4087 days ago) @ DeeJ

I'll bet you are. :)

Indeed *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 16:40 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

+1 *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 18:22 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

So that's how it's done! *NM*

by scarab @, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 01:39 (4087 days ago) @ ZackDark

There is more than one way *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 14:00 (4086 days ago) @ scarab

I prefer to take a bold approach *NM*

by scarab @, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 15:28 (4086 days ago) @ ZackDark

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 18:58 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

Looking forward to the same. :)

I joined the Halo community pretty late, but that's mostly because Halo: CE came out when I was 8, so I wasn't really looking to sign up on any forums- didn't even know they existed.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 19:59 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

Being in on the ground-floor start of a new Bungie story!

I didn't discover Halo til' midway between CE and 2, after which I rediscovered the Marathon series, and I totally missed out on all the Myth and Oni stuff.

Same here, even down to the entry point; HaloPC in October '03 was my introduction to Bungie.

-- Steve's certainly enjoying the slow-burn reveal of a whole new series.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 20:09 (4087 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

-- Steve's certainly enjoying the slow-burn reveal of a whole new series.

No one does the slow burn better. :)

Couldn't agree more

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 21:30 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

I'm looking forward to something similar. I have been a Bungie fan since Marathon 1 (playing Marathon with my brothers over AppleTalk was when I fell in love with Bungie and with video games) but have never gotten involved with the community much because I was either too busy, unable to, or unaware of the community. I'm glad to finally have a community to get in on from day 1!

Couldn't agree more

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 06:32 (4087 days ago) @ Xenos

Oh. My. APPLETALK. Now that brings back some memories... ;)

Appletalk

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 08:08 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

The funniest part to me about playing over Appletalk back then is that nobody in my school believed me when I was telling them I could play against my brothers, each of us on our own computer. Everyone thought I was making crap up because I had a Mac that "couldn't play any games" :)

by Chaos, Burlington, Vermont, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 06:22 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

I couldn't agree more with you man! I'm excited to jump into another brilliant universe that Bungie has crafted. I'm glad that a community is already in place here, growing every day, showing the true power of Bungie and how they connect minds all over the world. I'm ready for Destiny, I think everyone is.

by Vorpal Steak, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 07:10 (4087 days ago) @ Mid7night

I, too, am looking forward to starting a brand new Bungie journey. I came into Halo: CE quite a few months after its release and had no idea what I was actually getting into. But it has been a fun ride.

I can't wait.

--VS (Clefton Twain)

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 14:44 (4086 days ago) @ Mid7night

I'm looking forward to the community. Been playing Halo since day one, but I've only been deeply involved with the community for the past year and a half.

Back to the forum index
    RSS Feed of thread