Team DBO post-game appreciation (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 22:39 (3420 days ago)

That was a lovely bunch of games there, gents. My thanks:

For Mal, keeping us focused on the objective.

For Chaos, shanking people left and right.

Raga, for making many nice shots.

Iconic, for dishing out a big tall glasses of "NOPE" via the Pocket Infinity.

And finally, Husker, squealing with glee as his machine gun sang the song of his people (you owe me a beer for that sniper shot Ward block, btw :P ).

Team DBO post-game appreciation

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 22:52 (3420 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

And finally, Husker, squealing with glee as his machine gun sang the song of his people (you owe me a beer for that sniper shot Ward block, btw :P ).

A big round of applause as well for Phisto, for that trick holding the door open at B on blind watch, and that one ward of dawn on the moon that totally saved my ass.

Also Truth is metal.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 06:42 (3420 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Also Truth is metal.

hnnnnnnnnnnnnng that thing is so ridic

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 22:52 (3420 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I'm never playing Crucible again without that fireteam.

Highlight of the night - You guys holding the door open on Blind Watch and sniping people from crazy far.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 06:41 (3420 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

I'm never playing Crucible again without that fireteam.

Highlight of the night - You guys holding the door open on Blind Watch and sniping people from crazy far.

I can't believe it worked as well as it did. A couple victims came through having no idea I was crouching there, shotgun at the door. Haha.

Wish I Had A Team Like That!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, November 15, 2014, 23:19 (3420 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

Outstanding Night

by HuskerAlpha, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 07:03 (3420 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I definitely enjoy our impromptu dance party while waiting on Mal! A job well done chaps!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 07:50 (3420 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I hate that I had to cut out early. We should do that more often.

Team DBO post-HardRaid appreciation

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 10:00 (3420 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

So last night a group of fellow DBOrs (who aren't Midnight-Sorry :( ) beat the raid on Hard. It was also the first* Hard Raid I have ever done (*with the one time we 27s and lower went into hard to get a feel for what it was like not counting.)

As such let me present to you all what I got earned last night. ;)

*Ahem*--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shards - Of course
Tread of the Hezen Lords - The last piece of raid gear I needed. I can now get to 30.
Fatebringer - Have I mentioned how I like explosions? This primary Arc Pistol has both Firefly & Explosive rounds. I present to you my facial expression:

[image]

Adorable.

Vex Mythoclast - Also known as the only reason Xenos set up the Hard raid last night. :D Oh Boy!
This AMAZING and TOTALLY SUPER RARE (Exotic even) Primary Solar Fusion Rifle is ...

* This user has been perma-banned. Reason given : Because he is a Big Smelly Doody Head. *

The Ire and Forever hatred of a DBO Admin (and other HBOrs) - Always let the Wookiee win.

[image]

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 11:38 (3420 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Thanks!

Yep! Thanks to all of ya'll for such a great string of games! My favorite part was the coordination and comradery. We descended on control points as a team. Often we'd pick up heavy ammo in groups of three or four. We largely shut down snipers with call outs and teamwork. But there was also being stranded, dancing, on the Tower while Mal checked his phone, and the discussions of past kills, and the second dance party at Tower spawn set to music that had several randoms join in... and that evolved into a friendly argument on the merits of Daft Punk and techno!

I wish we had theater mode to rewatch those games. There were so many great kills and funny situations I'd love to see again. :(

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 14:43 (3420 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I wish we had theater mode to rewatch those games. There were so many great kills and funny situations I'd love to see again. :(

Of all the features of reach that didn't end up in Destiny, this is the one I miss the most.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, November 16, 2014, 20:07 (3419 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Of all the features of reach that didn't end up in Destiny, this is the one I miss the most.

No joke. I'd make a so many Truth montages you guys would be like PHISTO GET A LIFE.

We need to make an Iron Banner DBO team happen

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 17, 2014, 08:47 (3419 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Looking forward to the new iron banner. Regular control was almost too easy with you guys. I wish there was clan matchmaking so we could go up against more organized opponents.

I will actually use my gear instead of just finding scraps in the crucible to wear, I promise.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:38 (3419 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Heh. The one time we went up against an even team (Firebase Delphi I think) the reaction was "Nope! Let's hop to orbit to avoid that again!" And it wasn't even that bad a game! :p

But yes, an Iron Banner team would be neat. I just need to work on getting my Titan up to 29 or 30 or wherever she tops out at... Or my Hunter... I've been tearing it up the last few days with The Last Word, two flaming throwing knives, and some lame rare throwaway auto shotgun...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:43 (3419 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Heh. The one time we went up against an even team (Firebase Delphi I think) the reaction was "Nope! Let's hop to orbit to avoid that again!" And it wasn't even that bad a game! :p

But yes, an Iron Banner team would be neat. I just need to work on getting my Titan up to 29 or 30 or wherever she tops out at... Or my Hunter... I've been tearing it up the last few days with The Last Word, two flaming throwing knives, and some lame rare throwaway auto shotgun...

That Delphi game was one of my favorites. Great comeback. I think we'd played it three times in a row at that point though.

That last word is a tough customer. Only gun that was really giving me problems in a straight up fight.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:46 (3419 days ago) @ iconicbanana

That Delphi game was one of my favorites. Great comeback. I think we'd played it three times in a row at that point though.

Yeah, that was the one where we started out bad and rallied right? I spoke too soon about jumping to orbit. :P

Team DBO 360 Iron Banner Team assemble!

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, November 17, 2014, 09:46 (3419 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Geeze what a mouthfull.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread