Did you know you could play Destiny for free? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 11:20 (3440 days ago)

Did you know you could play Destiny for free?

by urk, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 11:27 (3440 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Information should be freeeeeeeee!

More information?

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 12:04 (3440 days ago) @ urk

It would be nice if the actual restrictions of the trial/demo version were listed somewhere. Is it a level cap? Time-based?

More information?

by urk, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 13:50 (3440 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Technical stuffs can be found here: http://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12406

It's effectively the beta content with a level cap of 7 and no crucible or crazy special events like the moon or iron banner.

Thanks Urk!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 13:52 (3440 days ago) @ urk

- No text -

So the "boring" part?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 14:00 (3440 days ago) @ urk

I had a blast with it during the Alpha and Beta, but having played the entire game, it just seems extremely limited when trying out a new character. If only there was a way to get a taste of what's to come, like a predetermined level demo, with access to some advanced abilities or weaponry...

Mass Effect 2 won me over with the demo, by having a pretty solid intro, and a level further into the story with a bigger arsenal and more abilities.

-So will the new characters be able to interact with everyone else? Will the world be shared between the "Trial" folks and the game owners?

-Will they be able to invite people to their game, or only fellow trial members?

-Is this trial permanent, in the vein of Arcade games that tell you to "Press X to unlock full game", or is it a timed thing for the holidays?

-Do you need PS+/Gold to do anything?

So the "boring" part?

by Phoenix_9286 @, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 17:55 (3439 days ago) @ Korny

-So will the new characters be able to interact with everyone else? Will the world be shared between the "Trial" folks and the game owners?

-Will they be able to invite people to their game, or only fellow trial members?

I'm guessing trial only, segregated from full retail. That's certainly the impression I'm getting from the Tower at the moment. Nothing higher than level 2.

It's disappointing, but not entirely unexpected, and honestly I'd rather be capped at 7 and limited to Earth and playing with other people who have the trial, than nothing at all until I can afford my XOne.

It's nice to be back in the Tower.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 15:26 (3440 days ago) @ urk

Information should be freeeeeeeee!

So should my gun upgrades :-p

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 08:11 (3439 days ago) @ urk

I hadn't really thought about it until Phoenix_9268 brought it up, but can trail players play with full game players? If not I may just download the trial to play with my friend while he tries it out, but it would be nice to just use the full game to join him.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, November 20, 2014, 09:57 (3439 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I hadn't really thought about it until Phoenix_9268 brought it up, but can trail players play with full game players? If not I may just download the trial to play with my friend while he tries it out, but it would be nice to just use the full game to join him.

I did think this was a thing that could not happen, as ever instance I've been placed in has only had characters under 10. However, right now I'm standing beside a guy who is 22.

My speculation is Trial and Retail cannot interact, they're entirely separate. However I think if you downloaded the Trial, the game would import your high level characters, and then you could play with your friend.

Now if I could just get this dude to quit dancing all over my lady Hunter...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread