5-Man Flawless Raider [Video] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 00:18 (3430 days ago)

Just earlier tonight, our DBO Flawless Raider group finally earned our nickname and actually earned the trophy :)

I've got a recording of the full run, care of Twitch, plus a better looking video of the final battle that I captured using the PS4 DVR.

Complete Raid

Final Battle

Here's the final stat page.

Flawless Five... [Videos]

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 04:57 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Here's my perspective. It figures that on the night that I have a weak performance, we make it...
Man, those were some close calls...

In good ol' 1080p!

Also, unrelated, but I told SpeedRacer that I'd save some clips of our Matchmaking a couple of nights ago, and this seems as good a place as any to put them...

Iron Banner changes people...

And I think Bungie needs to give that physics engine a few tweaks...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 05:36 (3429 days ago) @ Korny

Here's my perspective. It figures that on the night that I have a weak performance, we make it...
Man, those were some close calls...

I don't know buddy, I wouldn't say any of us had a weak performance :)

Glad you recorded a better version of the run. I'm going to be writing a post about this for Ready Up Live... mind if I include your video?

Also, wondering if there's something I've missed: If I hook up my capture card, it doesn't record audio. I've figured out it's because I've got my headset plugged in to my Dual Shock. Apparently doing that routes all the system audio to the controller, so no audio is coming through the HDMI connection.

Does anyone know of a way around this? I'd love to be able to use my capture card while we play so I can record better videos.

Great crucible clips, by the way. Mythoclast FTW!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 05:53 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don't know buddy, I wouldn't say any of us had a weak performance :)

Heh... It's annoying to watch it now, because you can tell that I was constantly getting distracted. The previous few hundred attempts, I've been 100% all the way... Last night I was still in my Thanksgiving recovery mode...

Glad you recorded a better version of the run. I'm going to be writing a post about this for Ready Up Live... mind if I include your video?

Hang on, let me slap ten watermarks and a few ads on my video... (Feel free to do whatever you want with my footage, as long as you don't post it on 9gag...)

Also, wondering if there's something I've missed: If I hook up my capture card, it doesn't record audio. I've figured out it's because I've got my headset plugged in to my Dual Shock. Apparently doing that routes all the system audio to the controller, so no audio is coming through the HDMI connection.

Same thing happened to Sammy. If you have it outputting all audio to the headset, you get no sound in the capture. You have to set your headset to Chat only, it seems. The alternative is Cody's setup, which runs the game audio through the Optical port, but I think you have to have a specific headset type for that. Sammy and I use the Gold PS4 headset.

Does anyone know of a way around this? I'd love to be able to use my capture card while we play so I can record better videos.

Just gotta set the headset audio to Chat Only when you're going to capture... Or just record a track of yourself making the sound effects. That sounds awesome...

Great crucible clips, by the way. Mythoclast FTW!

Aww yiss...

Also, thanks. Iron Banner definitely ignited a love for Crucible that I didn't have before.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 09:07 (3429 days ago) @ Korny

Same thing happened to Sammy. If you have it outputting all audio to the headset, you get no sound in the capture. You have to set your headset to Chat only, it seems. The alternative is Cody's setup, which runs the game audio through the Optical port, but I think you have to have a specific headset type for that. Sammy and I use the Gold PS4 headset.

You can actually run audio through HDMI AND optical simultaneously, but then you can really only capture in stereo since optical does not support PCM with more than 2 channels. You just check them both in the audio output settings. Then you can hear it on your headset, capture with HDMI, and then just turn down or mute the TV.

This might only work for the Astros though, since the mixamp has optical in.

Just my luck…

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 09:05 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 09:09

I forgot to record my perspective! Otherwise, we could have had a cool 3-up video like with the hard mode Atheon kill :-/ Best I can do is the last 15 minutes through PS4 share capture.

Very cool from both of you. Nice Nova Bombs during the legions!

Nicely done, folks.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 10:30 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Full write-up on Ready Up Live

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 10:46 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I just posted this over at RUL:

http://www.readyuplive.com/2014/11/flawless-raiders-victory-in-the-vault-of-glass/

Just a fun little story about earning the trophy together :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 11:10 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Cody Miller, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 11:15

What happened next is honestly a bit of a mystery to me. Not that I didn’t expect it, but I still don’t understand exactly how my teammates pull it off. We opened both portals simultaneously. D_P_Roberts went in one portal, MunKy-058 went in the other, leaving me, Guardian 513, and Cyber-KN on the outside to defend the synch plates and keep the portals open. I don’t know what happens on the other end of the portals, but like a pair of magical Angels, D_P_Roberts and MunKy-058 both emerge moments later from their respective portals, Relics in hand.

Ahaha. What's funny, is that I made a mistake and had to scramble while in the portal. Normally, you get 6 critical on the gatekeeper with the icebreaker, which is just enough to kill it. It explodes, killing all the enemies leaving you completely free to get the relic.

What happened on that run though is I missed a critical, and it teleported. Chalk it up to nerves. I had to finish it off with an autorifle, then because it had moved and didn't explode on all the Vex, had to navigate a sea of enemies on the way back.

But glad you couldn't tell :-p

Even a slightly smaller group makes a difference when navigating the Gorgon’s cave. We had a really close call as we made the final sprint towards the exit. I’m convinced we would have been spotted had we been a full group of 6.

If you watch my video when it's uploaded, I'm convinced of this too. Frankly I don't know how it didn't see ME, let alone Cyber and you who were right behind me. It was a 'shit yourself' moment.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 15:17 (3429 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Let me know when your video is up, I'd love to add it to my feature on RUL if that's ok with you.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 16:47 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Worth noting...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 14:35 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I don’t know what happens on the other end of the portals, but like a pair of magical Angels, D_P_Roberts and MunKy-058 both emerge moments later from their respective portals

I also had a slight stumble inside the portal; I missed grabbing the relic, which allowed the Praetorians to catch up to me and drain my health. On the run back, enemies were standing where they've never stood before, and they too had annoyingly accurate aim. And yet, Cody and I made it out of our respective portals at almost the exact same moment (less than a second of difference). Pretty neat.

Also, from my perspective, you can see where I almost blew it in the last five seconds, when Supplicants decided to go through the Right and Left side, and I didn't notice until my Radar's circle was red...

And lastly, during one of the Legion phases, one of them fanatics blew up on me, but I survived it somehow, unmarked.

Good run folks, and those were some masterful Nova Bombs, Legacey...

Worth noting...

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 15:16 (3429 days ago) @ Korny

I also had a slight stumble inside the portal; I missed grabbing the relic, which allowed the Praetorians to catch up to me and drain my health. On the run back, enemies were standing where they've never stood before, and they too had annoyingly accurate aim. And yet, Cody and I made it out of our respective portals at almost the exact same moment (less than a second of difference). Pretty neat.

I noticed that when I watched that section of your video (haven't had time to watch the entire run yet). It's amazing that you and Cody both ran in to trouble on the same run, both fought through it intact, and both stayed perfectly in sync. Crazy :)

Also, from my perspective, you can see where I almost blew it in the last five seconds, when Supplicants decided to go through the Right and Left side, and I didn't notice until my Radar's circle was red...

I had a little jump-scare right near the end there as well. I was so on edge I almost fell off my couch!

Good run folks, and those were some masterful Nova Bombs, Legacey...

Thanks! I've been working on that move for a couple weeks now. I'm hoping someone can make it in to a GIF for me lol

Very impressive. Awesome.

by yakaman, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 12:43 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Final Sequence Perspective #4

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 15:09 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNQS5qAd6Aw

Nothing you haven't seen already. I was sure Munky was going to die by that Supplicant, though.

Final Sequence Perspective #4

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 15:18 (3429 days ago) @ CyberKN

Awsome! Cool if I add this to my post on RUL?

Sure.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 15:47 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

5-Man Flawless Raider [Video]

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, November 29, 2014, 17:36 (3429 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I've updated the post on RUL to include more videos from the group's different perspectives.

http://www.readyuplive.com/2014/11/flawless-raiders-victory-in-the-vault-of-glass/

No Time's Vengeance

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 10:17 (3428 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Datto posted a video an hour ago where his group killed Atheon without time's vengeance. One of his group members said "I wonder if anybody has ever done this before?"

:-)

No Time's Vengeance

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Sunday, November 30, 2014, 11:14 (3428 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Datto posted a video an hour ago where his group killed Atheon without time's vengeance. One of his group members said "I wonder if anybody has ever done this before?"

:-)

Datto's a cool dude. He helped me get through the Thorn Bounty strike.

Also, LOL at "This should be an achievement!"

No Time's Vengeance

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, November 30, 2014, 12:20 (3428 days ago) @ CyberKN

So, did they get the fabled chest/drop?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread