DBO's most obvious bias

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:22 (4054 days ago)
edited by Schooly D, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:51

In a recent thread, it was revealed that almost everyone in the DBO power structure and userbase lives in North Carolina.

You don't say?

DBO's most obvious bias

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 15:36 (4054 days ago) @ Schooly D

In a recent thread, it was revealed that almost everyone in the DBO power structure and userbase lives in North Carolina.

You don't say?

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Yeah, there are a lot of NC folks in the userbase... but Duncan's the ONLY one of the 'power structure' (not sure that's an appropriate phrase for this group :) ) from there.

DBO's most obvious bias

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 16:58 (4054 days ago) @ Claude Errera

And I'm quite positive that's not the school he'd support.

Uh oh...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 17:57 (4054 days ago) @ Kermit

And I'm quite positive that's not the school he'd support.

Now that we know that are we going to get a lighter blue C looking logo?

Uh oh...

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:34 (4054 days ago) @ Xenos

It'd have to be red. WOLFPACK BLOOD RUNS DEEP

UNC all the way.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:35 (4054 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Not that I'm trying to start a fight...

Uh oh...

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:45 (4054 days ago) @ JDQuackers

It'd have to be red. WOLFPACK BLOOD RUNS DEEP

AND STAINS CARPETS. ANYONE HAVE SELTZER WATER AND A BAND-AID?

Uh oh...

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 18:50 (4054 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

Nah, all that I got is vinegar and lemon juice. I used all the salt when I REDACTED.

The only team I cheer for are the R'lyeh Fighting Squid.

Uh oh...

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 19:09 (4054 days ago) @ Dagoonite

Nah, all that I got is vinegar and lemon juice. I used all the salt when I REDACTED.

The only team I cheer for are the R'lyeh Fighting Squid.

Fighting squid? RIP Edna.

It's on youtube?!

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 19:22 (4054 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

YOU HAVE JUST BECOME MY FAVORITE PERSON! I know what I'm watching!

Ia! Ia! Go 'Pods Go! *NM*

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 08:09 (4053 days ago) @ Dagoonite

Alas I never did get the Miskatonic U "Fighting Cephalopods" stuff that Chaosium put out.

DBO's most obvious bias

by Dax01, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 19:40 (4054 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Dax01, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 19:44

As someone who's lived in NC most of her life, I gotta say I was never caught up in the UNC-NC State-Duke conflict. UNC would be the school that would suit my interests the most, but that's about it.

Kind of glad UNCW is off in its own little corner of the state and doesn't have a football team.

DBO's most obvious bias

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 19:47 (4054 days ago) @ Dax01

As someone who's lived in NC most of her life, I gotta say I was never caught up in the UNC-NC State-Duke conflict. UNC would be the school that would suit my interests the most, but that's about it.

Kind of glad UNCW is off in its own little corner of the state and doesn't have a football team.

Hey, my sister went to UNCW!

Funny that you didn't mention basketball.

DBO's most obvious bias

by Dax01, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 03:16 (4054 days ago) @ Kermit

I really don't know anything about our basketball team. Don't pay much attention to sports.

DBO's most obvious bias

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 04:04 (4054 days ago) @ Dax01

I really don't know anything about our basketball team. Don't pay much attention to sports.

Kermy mentioned it because the whole UNC/Duke rivalry is really over basketball. All these weirdos in North Carolina seem to care about is men's college basketball instead of real sports like Hockey and Hockey. There are a few Caniacs, but they're mostly transplants that I've found.

DBO's most obvious bias

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 04:33 (4054 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Kermy mentioned it because the whole UNC/Duke rivalry is really over basketball. All these weirdos in North Carolina seem to care about is men's college basketball instead of real sports like Hockey and Hockey. There are a few Caniacs, but they're mostly transplants that I've found.

That's because hockey in the south is just ... weird. You made me laugh, though.

DBO's most obvious bias

by Dax01, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 04:50 (4054 days ago) @ JDQuackers

It is? I though college football was all the rage? As I said, I don't know anything about sports. :D

DBO's most obvious bias

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 05:01 (4054 days ago) @ Dax01

It is? I though college football was all the rage? As I said, I don't know anything about sports. :D

I would say the college football teams are more of an after thought for the local college sports fans. It's definitely all about basketball. March madness is starting soon, and it's going to get pretty insane here around the Triangle region.

But, uh, since you don't know anything about sports... do you have a moment to hear the word of our lord and saviour, Mario Lemieux?

DBO's most obvious bias

by Dax01, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 05:04 (4054 days ago) @ JDQuackers

But, uh, since you don't know anything about sports... do you have a moment to hear the word of our lord and saviour, Mario Lemieux?

I don't know who that is!

DBO's most obvious bias

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 07:37 (4054 days ago) @ Dax01

I don't know who that is!

Oh man. I almost seriously want to tell you the life story of Mario Lemieux and everything that he means to the game of hockey and the city of Pittsburgh, but I don't think it's appropriate. Long story short: greatest hockey player to ever exist, single-handedly saved Pittsburgh's hockey franchise with his monies and brought them back from being a terrible team to being a championship team again after he became the owner. He also runs the Lemieux foundation that helps kids with cancer and whatnot.

DBO's most obvious bias

by Phoenix_9286 @, Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 20:02 (4054 days ago) @ Dax01

I too have lived here since forever.

And I too could not care any less about our state universities and their rivalries. I couldn't even really tell you who's who.

DBO's most obvious bias

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 11:20 (4053 days ago) @ Schooly D

How many times do I have to move across the country before I can claim to have no home? I'm at two, right now.

(Sorry, just got done with FNV's 'Lonesome Road.')

I don't get it.

by Jillybean, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 12:34 (4053 days ago) @ Schooly D

Is this a rugby thing?

I don't get it.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Friday, March 15, 2013, 05:19 (4053 days ago) @ Jillybean

Is this a rugby thing?

The third link Schooly posted is the logo for the Duke University Blue Devils. Duke University can be found in North Carolina, USA.

- CC

I don't get it.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, March 16, 2013, 17:43 (4051 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Is this a rugby thing?

The third link Schooly posted is the logo for the Duke University Blue Devils. Duke University can be found in North Carolina, USA.

- CC

I think Jillybean was making a joke about how sports differ between the US and the UK.

I don't get it.

by Jillybean, Sunday, March 17, 2013, 10:28 (4050 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Mostly just needling Schooly, but yes, I was also taking a jab at sports.

I don't get it.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Monday, March 18, 2013, 06:03 (4050 days ago) @ Jillybean

Mostly just needling Schooly, but yes, I was also taking a jab at sports.

Looks like I'm the idiot that didn't pick up on that. Knowing you aren't from the states, I decided to try and be helpful. I'll just back out of the room now. Slowly...

- CC

Get the pitchforks and torches

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, March 18, 2013, 08:09 (4049 days ago) @ CaneCutter

I'll just back out of the room now. Slowly...

Everybody get him!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread