Legendary Surprise? (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 13:12 (3391 days ago)

"A small, but Legendary token of gratitude is being prepped for delivery later this week. We'll let you know when to check the Postmaster." from https://twitter.com/bungie/status/552290048297943040

I wonder what it could be.

Oh the anticipation!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 17:08 (3391 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

My bet: 2 of each type of Shard/Energies

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 06:57 (3390 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Legendary Surprise?

by Raflection, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 07:11 (3390 days ago) @ dogcow

I bet it's telemetries ._.

Telemetries AIN'T Purple.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 07:23 (3390 days ago) @ Raflection

- No text -

It is a random Legendary weapon. Check yo postmaster.

by petetheduck, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 07:25 (3390 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Just got mine at the Postmaster

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 07:27 (3390 days ago) @ dogcow

"Special Delivery" -- A gift from an unknown benefactor:

The package turns into a random 331 Legendary weapon.

I rolled an "Up For Anything" auto rifle with Cascade (melee kills speed up reload) and Glass Half Full (bottom half of mag causes extra damage). Not a terrible gun, but I don't roll with auto rifles. I'll give it a shot and maybe I'll learn to love them though!

by Raflection, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 07:55 (3390 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Got a pretty shitty rocket launcher..

Only 1 shell in tube and shitty perks
THANKS FOR THE ENERGY BUNGIE

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 08:14 (3390 days ago) @ Raflection

Think of it this way: they didn't give you a free gun, they gave you another shot at a good roll. After enough shots at a good roll, you're bound to get a good roll.

A good roll on a legendary gun is the best thing you can receive in this game that isn't an exotic. Sometimes it's better than an exotic.

by yakaman, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 09:40 (3390 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Think of it this way: they didn't give you a free gun, they gave you another shot at a good roll. After enough shots at a good roll, you're bound to get a good roll.

A good roll on a legendary gun is the best thing you can receive in this game that isn't an exotic. Sometimes it's better than an exotic.

I need all the rolls I can get. I've gotten 'Against All Odds' 4 separate times.

I've completely given up on getting anything randomly. My entire character is built from grinding and buying. Oooh, the magic of it all.

I've gotten exactly 2 exotics from drops: Plan C and MIDA Multi-Tool, and both of those were in early November. I've gotten 2 more through exotic bounties: Invective and Super Good Advice.

Lately I can't shake the creeping feeling that I'm being taken advantage of in a subtly sophisticated way. You're (somewhat) tongue-in-cheek post about being addicted was spot-on. I don't like how I feel when I'm not playing.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 09:43 (3390 days ago) @ yakaman

I need all the rolls I can get. I've gotten 'Against All Odds' 4 separate times.

Heh... What are the odds? :P

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 09:59 (3390 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Heh... What are the odds? :P

When you roll the one with counterbalance, field scout and grenadier, then you've really beaten the odds ;)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 08:22 (3390 days ago) @ JDQuackers

"Special Delivery" -- A gift from an unknown benefactor:

The package turns into a random 331 Legendary weapon.

I rolled an "Up For Anything" auto rifle with Cascade (melee kills speed up reload) and Glass Half Full (bottom half of mag causes extra damage). Not a terrible gun, but I don't roll with auto rifles. I'll give it a shot and maybe I'll learn to love them though!

I got that gun a little while ago. I like it.

Was kind of hoping for something unique, like the pumpkin heads, but more useful.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 13:18 (3390 days ago) @ Kermit

Me too. I've gotten several of the new ARs and Up For Anything is by far my favorite. It feels like a slightly less stable version of the old Shadow Price (but still on the stable end of the spectrum). Mine's got a 56-round mag and grenadier. :)

Tried it out... I'm not sure if I'll ever be an AR person

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 17:54 (3390 days ago) @ Kermit

This gun just feels so..... Squishy. Like my bullets are rubber and so ineffective it doesn't let me enjoy my gun play like scout rifles and hand cannons do. I'll give it another chance but so far it just gets a big "yucky" from me

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 07:18 (3389 days ago) @ JDQuackers

AR's are all about keeping your weapon on target for long periods of time. It's a different skill than the one required by SRs/HCs which require putting your weapon on a specific target at exactly the right time. ARs are really good in PvE since you can deal with a lot more lower-level enemies quickly than with SRs/HCs.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 07:39 (3389 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

AR's are all about keeping your weapon on target for long periods of time. It's a different skill than the one required by SRs/HCs which require putting your weapon on a specific target at exactly the right time. ARs are really good in PvE since you can deal with a lot more lower-level enemies quickly than with SRs/HCs.

Up for anything is also about as far as you could get from a HC or SR: high RoF, low(ish) Impact, moderate stability. The Vanquisher seems like the only High Impact, low(ish) RoF, stable AR out there right now; if you can get your hands on one with the right perks, that may be your bridge. I never used them until I started playing more PvP; in PvE I find I have more time to aim with an SR or HC, but in PvP I just miss too often and the AR makes up for that by punishing less for a few missed shots. TTK is still pretty low with a High Impact AR.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:16 (3389 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Yeah I'm in a similar boat. I like Hand Cannons in PvE, sometimes Scout Rifles. But I almost always roll with an Auto Rifle in Crucible. My Grim Citizen III has perfect balance and reload perks, couple that with a high rate of fire and mediumish impact and you've got a solid little weapon.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Sunday, January 11, 2015, 13:40 (3386 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Up for anything is also about as far as you could get from a HC or SR: high RoF, low(ish) Impact, moderate stability.

Well, no. Saharas, Doctor Nope, Hex Caster ARC, Payback SOS, Atheon's Epilogue, Silimar's Wrath and suchlike are about as far as you can get.

The RoF is at maximum, the Impact is oh so close to minimum, although the stability runs the gamut from very good to awful, depending on the rifle (and on whether they have Perfect Balance or not).

And they're perfect.

Have you tried B Line Trauma yet?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 15:22 (3389 days ago) @ JDQuackers

You can buy it from the crucible quartermaster. Here's some vid of it. Fires really fast. Sort of a middle ground between an SR and an AR.

Have you tried B Line Trauma yet?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 15:26 (3389 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I got one in an engram that had third eye. It's my crucible scout rifle. Fires as fast as I can pull the trigger. Lil' Blue got one in a drop too. His has explosive rounds and firefly. I'm jealous.

Does it cost <= 2 Crucible marks?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, January 09, 2015, 06:14 (3388 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Because that's all I have :(

Soon enough I'll be spending a lot of time in there, as I have been sitting on some exotic bounties that require it. But it's been a loooong time since I've dipped my toes into PvP

If I Get A 4th Culling, I Swear To God...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 11:48 (3390 days ago) @ JDQuackers

- No text -

If I Get A 4th Culling, I Swear To God...

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 20:19 (3390 days ago) @ Morpheus

I just sharded my 3rd one since DLC. I just can't stand that gun at all.

by HavokBlue, California, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 11:59 (3390 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Yet another terrible shotgun, to add to all the other terrible shotguns I will never use

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 12:06 (3390 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Checked mine real quick before going into work this morning. Got a LDR 5001 sniper rifle with solar that I already had and transferred to another character. I just got the black hammer in the raid last night so I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 13:22 (3390 days ago) @ CougRon

Checked mine real quick before going into work this morning. Got a LDR 5001 sniper rifle with solar that I already had and transferred to another character. I just got the black hammer in the raid last night so I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it.

Yep. I checked briefly and got a LDR 5001 variant. Seemed ok. More ammo and... something... as perks. Will probably keep and give to my third character as he's using a rare sniper right now I think.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 12:58 (3390 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I got 2... one with my Hunter, one with my Warlock. Nothing for my Titan, but that could be because I only just created him a few days ago.

I got Time on Target: a Pulse Rifle

[image]

and Plug One.1: a Solar fusion Rifle

[image]

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 13:21 (3390 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Interesting. If there is a threshold for how old the character needs to be, I wonder what it is? I've got 3 characters. I've had the newest one for just a couple of weeks, I think.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 13:22 (3390 days ago) @ stabbim

Interesting. If there is a threshold for how old the character needs to be, I wonder what it is? I've got 3 characters. I've had the newest one for just a couple of weeks, I think.

My Level 14 character got nothing - but she's not new. I'm guessing your character needs to be level 20 to get these.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 16:27 (3390 days ago) @ Claude Errera

My Level 14 character got nothing - but she's not new. I'm guessing your character needs to be level 20 to get these.

I got a package. I'm still playing around with the Trial.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 13:23 (3390 days ago) @ stabbim

Doubt it. I got one package (also Time on Target) on the first character I logged-in as today (my alt), and nothing for my main that's been around since day 1.

Maybe it's an account thing?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 13:25 (3390 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I got 2... one with my Hunter, one with my Warlock. Nothing for my Titan, but that could be because I only just created him a few days ago.

Did you go from 360 to PS4? I think it's per gamertag but you'd get one each for PSN/Live maybe? You're the first person I've seen online to get 2.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 13:29 (3390 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Did you go from 360 to PS4? I think it's per gamertag but you'd get one each for PSN/Live maybe? You're the first person I've seen online to get 2.

Yeah. I only got one and two of my characters have been around for several months...

CruelLEGACEY needs a t-shirt

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 15:38 (3390 days ago) @ iconicbanana

RNGesus Loves Me.

LOL

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 18:12 (3390 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 18:14 (3390 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Nope. I did play Destiny on the Xbox One for a couple hours, but I can see no reason for that to on lock on my PS4 copy of the game.

For what it's worth, they sent me 2 emails as well. I wonder if I just got "double booked" by accident?

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 19:16 (3390 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I also got two emails. I guess I'll see what I have waiting for me when I get to the postmaster and we can test the theory.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, January 10, 2015, 16:38 (3387 days ago) @ Vortech

nope. The two emails did not mean two weapons (on ps4. I also have an Xbox copy so I suspect that might explain the two emails despite the Xbox character being under level 20)

LDR 5001

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 17:36 (3390 days ago) @ dogcow

It's got Solar Damage, Final Round, Field Scout, and Surplus.

is that good

Nice Crucible Roll

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 19:27 (3390 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Final Round is fantastic for Crucible - 1-hit kill anywhere on the body (I think? Same Impact as Icebreaker, plus 33% damage should =200+ damage).

You need to burn ammo to get there though, so turn off Field Scout in favour of something else. Surplus will help keep you stocked up, which is nice.

LDR 5001

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 23:46 (3389 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Yeah, I got that too--since I just bought it for my Hunter.

Still though--shards.

Time on Target

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 19:59 (3390 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Time on Target

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 21:41 (3390 days ago) @ red robber

Me too. Bummer

Fortunately,I also pulled a Vanquisher VIII with field scout and grenadier from a blue engram twenty minutes later. Makes up for the pulse rifle.

Time on Target

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 20:17 (3389 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Seems like TOT has PvP potential. Very low recoil and Good ROF. But I'm not really a big fan of pulse rifles. They just don't seem like they fit.

Up For Anything

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 20:26 (3390 days ago) @ dogcow

I received Up For Anything with the following perks.
Hip Fire
Field Scout, Perfect Balance, Hammer Forged
Glass Half Full

That seems like a really good roll in general. I have a maxed vendor version for when i want to run something besides Suros in the crucible. This should replace the stock version nicely.

Up For Anything

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 21:42 (3390 days ago) @ unoudid

I received Up For Anything with the following perks.
Hip Fire
Field Scout, Perfect Balance, Hammer Forged
Glass Half Full

That seems like a really good roll in general. I have a maxed vendor version for when i want to run something besides Suros in the crucible. This should replace the stock version nicely.

You really are the favored son of RNGesus.

Up For Anything

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 22:22 (3390 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Nah.....that would be Vanquisher VIII with the same perks except for replace hip fire with persistence.

Up For Anything

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 06:49 (3389 days ago) @ unoudid

Nah.....that would be Vanquisher VIII with the same perks except for replace hip fire with persistence.

I would take focused fire, field scout and glass half full on an Up For Anything over the Vanquisher, just because I think Focused Fire is the best perk an AR can have, and because Vanquisher already fires slower and wouldn't benefit as much as the UFA. You'd basically have a suros regime with that UFA, but with more bullets.

Too bad focused fire doesn't come on legendaries :(

LDR 5001

by Avateur @, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 20:34 (3390 days ago) @ dogcow

Arc Damage. I've had a Void. I'll gladly take this one! :D

LDR 5001

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 12:53 (3389 days ago) @ Avateur

*brofist*

Secret Handshake

by PsycoJoe, Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 22:46 (3390 days ago) @ dogcow

Void aligned. Already had one Arc aligned...

When my Hunter gets that far up, he can have it.

Up for Anything

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 23:45 (3389 days ago) @ dogcow

With Persistence and Glass Half-Full. Finally something wave around in Iron Banner. :)

xb1 lvl 9: Payback SOS

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, January 08, 2015, 08:39 (3389 days ago) @ dogcow

I've only got a level 9 character on the xbox platforms (360 & one) & the last time I played was during the PSN outage.

psn: MG18A Harms Way

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, January 08, 2015, 08:42 (3389 days ago) @ dogcow

MG18A Harms Way, arc, Counter Balance, (Perfect Balance | Field Scout | Flared Magwell), & Who's Next.

psn: MG18A Harms Way

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:55 (3389 days ago) @ dogcow

I got a Void one with Smart Drift, Spray and Play, Field Scout, and Grenadier.

XBL: Time on Target / PSN: Devil You Don't

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:05 (3389 days ago) @ dogcow

Time on Target was sort of a bummer (I still don't like pulse rifles much), but my Xbox Warlock and Hunter are decently-well geared already, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

The PlayStation was a different story, though. I finally decided a few days ago to properly level and gear my PlayStation Warlock. Her Legendary Surprise was a Devil You Don't hand cannon, which is more in-line with my play style. Combined with the two "useless" Rare gear pieces that were in the mailbox with the DLC, I had some half-decent gear when I finally hit Level 20 last night!

XBL: Up for Anything / PSN: Secret Handshake

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:24 (3389 days ago) @ Beorn

The first is a dupe with better perks. The second is fine because my PS warlock needs all the help he can get.

Legendary Surprise?

by DocOctavius, Orlando Florida, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:37 (3389 days ago) @ dogcow

The Calling, with zen moment and firefly and explosive rounds. Win?

Legendary Surprise?

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 09:59 (3389 days ago) @ DocOctavius

Jealous. The Calling is my jam and it's basically the only Primary that I use anymore. Mine is an older 300 dmg version with Firefly and Explosive Rounds. It's quite beautiful really, the explosions.

Legendary Surprise?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 10:01 (3389 days ago) @ DocOctavius

The Calling, with zen moment and firefly and explosive rounds. Win?

I'm jelly.

Payback SOS

by Warbow, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 13:02 (3389 days ago) @ dogcow

Not really my style, but I'll try it.

Legendary Surprise?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 21:33 (3389 days ago) @ dogcow

^ gggg
| nnnn
| i i i i
| hhhh
| t t t t
| yyyy
| nnnn
| aaaa

Stupid Useless shotgun

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 23:39 (3388 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread