Xûr's Goodies (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 23, 2015, 01:26 (3379 days ago)
edited by Korny, Friday, January 23, 2015, 01:46

Screenshot for at-a-glance convenience!

[image]

CLASS ITEMS (All class items contain 30/36 Light)

• Titan:
    MK. 44 Stand Asides (Legs) // 13sc
    -Strength: 112/120
    [image]

• Hunter:
    Radiant Dance Machines (Legs) // 13sc
    -Strength 137/147
    [image]

• Warlock:
    Starfire Protocol (Chest) // 13sc
    -Intellect: 128/137
    [image]

--------------------

WEAPON (331 Attack)

No Land Beyond (Sniper) [Kinetic] // 17sc
[image]

--------------------

Exotic Shard // 7sc
Helmet Engram // 23 Motes

--------------------

UPGRADEABLE ITEMS (All upgradeable items require 1 Exotic Shard and 7000+ Glimmer.)

• Knucklehead Radar (Hunter Helmet) <Strength 110/118> (7331 Glimmer)
  • Achlyophage Symbiote (Hunter Helmet) <Discipline 90/97> (7177 Glimmer)
  • Helm of Inmost Light (Titan Helmet) <Strength 98/105> (7451 Glimmer)
  • Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan Chest) <Intellect 134/144> (7547 Glimmer)
  • Light Beyond Nemesis (Warlock Helmet) <Strength 86/92> (7159 Glimmer)
  • Sunbreakers (Warlock Gauntlets) <Strength 99/107> (7549 Glimmer)

• Bad Juju (7019 Glimmer)
  • Invective (7927 Glimmer)
  • Universal Remote (7027 Glimmer)
  • Thunderlord (7681 Glimmer)
  • Gjallarhorn (7933 Glimmer)
  • Truth (7039 Glimmer)
  • Hawkmoon (7793 Glimmer) (Playstation Only)

--------------------

CURIOS

Shotgun, Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher Telemetries // 1sc (Really useful when turning in bounties)
Plasma Drive (Blue) // 23sc
Emerald Drive (Green) // 23sc

inb4 Cody's tears...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 23, 2015, 01:51 (3379 days ago) @ Korny

-No Heavy ammo synths again, which is a shame, since Hard Crota caused me to burn well over 30 of them before we succeeded...

-No Land Beyond... Really loving the humor there, Bungie...

-Are Radiant Dance Machines worth the Exotic slot? Kind of hesitant to get them. How much faster can you get?

-The second week with DLC-only drops. What new helmets are there to get from the engrams? Just the 3? At least they're there for the people complaining about having too many Motes...

-Overall an underwhelming supply in what's been a pretty huge week for Bungie and Destiny's players.

inb4 Cody's tears...

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, January 23, 2015, 02:32 (3379 days ago) @ Korny

-No Heavy ammo synths again, which is a shame, since Hard Crota caused me to burn well over 30 of them before we succeeded...

-Are Radiant Dance Machines worth the Exotic slot? Kind of hesitant to get them. How much faster can you get?

-The second week with DLC-only drops. What new helmets are there to get from the engrams? Just the 3? At least they're there for the people complaining about having too many Motes...

-Overall an underwhelming supply in what's been a pretty huge week for Bungie and Destiny's players.

Upgraded my Bad Juju, foolishly spent all my motes on Engrams and got three helmets. Two the same for Titans, and one I already have. But shards are very valuable to me, so I can finally get the tip of my Icebreaker polished.

It has been a pretty slow month in terms of Xur-ness, save for the Breaker. I wish he still had Obsidian Mind.

Damn.

BOOTS!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, January 23, 2015, 05:21 (3379 days ago) @ Morpheus

Upgraded my Bad Juju, foolishly spent all my motes on Engrams and got three helmets. Two the same for Titans, and one I already have. But shards are very valuable to me, so I can finally get the tip of my Icebreaker polished.

It has been a pretty slow month in terms of Xur-ness, save for the Breaker. I wish he still had Obsidian Mind.

Damn.

I bought both pairs of exotic boots because reasons. Bought a few engrams because I was sick of carrying around 100 motes of light, got 1 Warlock helmet I didn't have (but I'll never use it), sharded the rest. I think I'll upgrade Truth later in the weekend, when I have the coins. I'm still holding out hope that Bungie will realize how useless No Land Beyond is and buff it, but there's no way I could ever recommend anyone buy it as it is now. I've got 2 of the stupid things, and I'm tempted to shard them both.

I was really hoping we'd see Gjallarhorn this weekend. I half thought Bungie would enjoy watching everyone scramble for coins after spending everything hey had on Icebreakers last week. Actually, maybe it's good to have a slow week this week. Give everyone time to stalk up again.

Is Xur's selection just more RNGity? :/

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, January 23, 2015, 13:08 (3379 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I was really hoping we'd see Gjallarhorn this weekend. I half thought Bungie would enjoy watching everyone scramble for coins after spending everything hey had on Icebreakers last week. Actually, maybe it's good to have a slow week this week. Give everyone time to stalk up again.

At this point I'm convinced Bungie has no say in Xur's selection. I think his items are chosen completely at random. It's actually starting to make me unhappy the way the same items will be offered twice in a row or every other week when a ton of Destiny's selection of weapons and armors have only been offered once if at all.

I play for the fun of it all but even I'm getting really tired of having no way to work towards specific items. :(

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 23, 2015, 13:29 (3379 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think so, too. The way some items have repeated and others have never shown up, it does seem random. It might be that they COULD cause a specific item to show up if they wanted to, but I don't think that's the normal mode of operation.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 23, 2015, 16:26 (3379 days ago) @ stabbim

It's a living world ... with a life of its own.

inb4 Cody's tears...

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, January 23, 2015, 13:39 (3379 days ago) @ Morpheus

I can finally get the tip of my Icebreaker polished.

heh

inb4 Cody's tears...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, January 23, 2015, 05:59 (3379 days ago) @ Korny

I've burned through almost all of mine and have burned through my glimmer on a big upgrade spree. I guess it's time to eat a Cabal Cookie and go to work.

Behind Icebreaker it's only the 22nd best sniper in the game.

I don't care for either set of boots, but I'm buying and storing them in case I have all raid armor except boots and need the level bump.

inb4 Cody's tears...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, January 24, 2015, 22:52 (3377 days ago) @ Korny

I can think of zero examples.

Yaassss! Engrams!!

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, January 23, 2015, 12:09 (3379 days ago) @ Korny

Something to spend my 100+ Motes of Light on.

Yaassss! Engrams!!

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, January 23, 2015, 13:09 (3379 days ago) @ BeardFade

Picked up an engram and got a Helm of Innermost light, something I already have... but the new one has a higher Strength stat then my current maxed out one--from the beginning. Hate to have to grind out the upgrades again but...

Yaassss! Engrams!!

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 23, 2015, 13:31 (3379 days ago) @ CougRon

The nice thing is exotic armor doesn't seem to take nearly as much XP as exotic weapons, and being an exotic, there's no ascendant/radiant mats needed. A couple of rounds of turning in bounties should do it. Plus, once it's ready for the last upgrade, your old helmet can provide the shard!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread