Enemies in Destiny

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, March 18, 2013, 10:50 (4047 days ago)

I was browsing the destiny concept art and looking at the known enemies and caught myself thinking... Holy Crap; these all look they can kick the crap out of me! I realize that it's pretty early to speculate, but so far there aren't any "minor" looking enemies like the grunts and jackles in Halo (which is fine) but means I'm probably going to die a lot!

The Fallen are probably the ones I'm most curious about. With their four arms and all. I can't wait to see them integrate that in combat!

The Cabal look like they've love to tear my arms off (like how they were going to do with the brutes in H3) if I set too close.

The Vex look the least intimidating.... for now.

It looks like there is some unity between the alien classes (definitely between the Fallen and Cabal) but I wonder how much they will fight together vs. just fighting a certain species at a certain location.

Enemies in Destiny

by GrimBrother One, Monday, March 18, 2013, 12:04 (4047 days ago) @ breitzen

The alien life in Destiny is certainly something I'm extremely excited about exploring more of. Can't wait to find out more regarding their origins and motives.

Grim

Enemy Cooperation

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, March 18, 2013, 12:54 (4047 days ago) @ breitzen

It looks like there is some unity between the alien classes (definitely between the Fallen and Cabal) but I wonder how much they will fight together vs. just fighting a certain species at a certain location.

I'm curious to see if they fight together at all. It seems like they may not even necessarily be working together (except in rare situations). I really can't imagine anyone working with enemies known as "Space Zombies"

Enemy Cooperation

by Quirel, Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 14:08 (4046 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm curious to see if they fight together at all. It seems like they may not even necessarily be working together (except in rare situations). I really can't imagine anyone working with enemies known as "Space Zombies"

We did it in Halo 3... for five minutes.

Enemies in Destiny

by Wakko45, Monday, March 18, 2013, 13:11 (4047 days ago) @ breitzen

I'm excited for the challenge of tougher enemies!

The Fallen

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, March 18, 2013, 14:00 (4047 days ago) @ breitzen

look like a race of Darth Vaders waiting for me to tell them that they killed my (fore)father(s)

Then the spoiler will happen.

Enemies in Destiny

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, March 18, 2013, 15:04 (4047 days ago) @ breitzen

Freaky alien locomotion is a must. Other than the Spider Tank, it looks like a lot of bipeds. In competitive multiplayer it's going to be all bipeds, it would be safe to assume.

Unless there are other playable races.

But if we're going to be fighting a bunch of alien races whose ship and vehicle designs have no need to conform to human standards, I think the opportunity presents itself to get really creative with how things move and fight.

~M

Enemies in Destiny

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, March 18, 2013, 15:26 (4047 days ago) @ breitzen

I hope that they also fight each other. It would add depth and make it seem like you're actually in a living, breathing universe with complicated politics and rival factions instead of a universe where it's everyone against you and your friends, no matter what.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread