Team DBO beats Team DBO (Destiny)

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 20:38 (3368 days ago)
edited by UnrealCh13f, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 20:53

Congrats to these guys for beating Team DBO + DeeJ.

Speedracer513
ChaosSociety
Ragashingo
Up North 65
BeardFade
iconicbanana

I now hate you guys.

:)

[image]

Hell yeah Portland DBO!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 20:47 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Eat that, Sounders!

Hell yeah Portland DBO!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 20:49 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I am on such a high right now!!! I'm not even sure what felt better between this or Flawless Raider?!!

Hell yeah Portland DBO!

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 21:01 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

PDX FTW!

Hell yeah Portland DBO!

by Up North 65 @, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 21:06 (3368 days ago) @ BeardFade

(Way) NORTHWEST COAST Represent

Hell yeah Portland DBO!

by ckamp, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 21:27 (3368 days ago) @ Up North 65

Get out of here Portland, Main.

Hell yeah Portland DBO!

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 00:16 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

That was a TON of fun! I was shaking for a while afterwards, my nerves were so high. Easily our toughest match of the night, excluding the laggers on Asylum (but we just won't speak of that). Big thanks to everyone!

Team DBO beats Team DBO

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 20:50 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f
edited by Ragashingo, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 21:21

Nail in the Coffin... but a .87 K/d... I'll take it. :)

Interesting facts:

1. We were a team of Hunters so we could hunt down the Bungie Bounty.
2. We rushed C right off the bat and it ultimately worked.
3. I hate Xenos for killing me through the B tunnel right after I fired up Golden Gun.
4. I got a might awesome clutch kill with my The Last Word hip firing into someone jumping up to the area outside B by that big stone block.
5. STOP SNIPING ME! ESPECIALLY WHILE I'M OPENING THE HEAVY AMMO!
6. We immediately got out of matchmaking to give others a turn and danced in the tower for a while.
7. I can't wait to see that recording. :)

Team DBO beats Team DBO

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 20:59 (3368 days ago) @ Ragashingo

3. I hate Xenos for killing me through the B tunnel right after I fired up Golden Gun.

:-D

Team DBO beats Team DBO

by Up North 65 @, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 21:00 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Feels good to beat them, feel bad abut being last. We got dealt a good hand playing them on Shores, we were unstoppable there tonight. Thanks baNana for hitting the buttons at the right time and letting me play with you all.

Team DBO beats Team DBO

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 21:04 (3368 days ago) @ Up North 65

North, don't feel ashamed for a second, if it weren't for you holding the tunnel on C, I wouldn't have been able to snipe so many of them. That was great teamwork, honestly.

There's no I in team.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 21:13 (3368 days ago) @ BeardFade
edited by iconicbanana, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 21:19

North, don't feel ashamed for a second, if it weren't for you holding the tunnel on C, I wouldn't have been able to snipe so many of them. That was great teamwork, honestly.

For real, that wasn't going to happen if everyone didn't execute. When you spawn at A on SoT, you lose if you don't pull C. And when we won earlier there 20k to 4k, you carried our asses ;)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/PGCR/1/4611686018434704630/2305843009241027781/1650444099

Team DBO beats Team DBO

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 00:09 (3368 days ago) @ Up North 65

Look at it this way: You outscored one third of their team and were this close to beating a full half of them. :)

Twitch Video

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 21:35 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Video of it from Beorn's perspective on Twitch. We're at the 1:45:00

http://www.twitch.tv/destinybungieorg/b/617460230

Lol that game right after.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 22:40 (3368 days ago) @ BeardFade

Video of it from Beorn's perspective on Twitch. We're at the 1:45:00

http://www.twitch.tv/destinybungieorg/b/617460230

Ha! When we backed out and they played nobody? Awesome. You get a best around...and you get a best around! Everybody gets to be best around!

That was fantastic!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:16 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

If you look at the stats, I even managed some good games! My blue Polite Denial is apparently the only gun I'm allowed to use if I want to win. :)

I was actually pretty nervous the whole time, but it didn't seem to hurt my playing too much. Of course, when we got matched with actual DBO brethren, that nervousness doubled and I apparently crippled under it. Congrats you guys! So glad that happened!

The whole experience was a heap of fun and Deej was great. There were some memorable moments for me, especially in a cascade of death on Burning Shrine, just popping heads one right after another!

Even got some nice comments from folks who we beat, which surprised me! I think the funniest ones were captured on the stream if our audio came through alright.

Good times.

That was fantastic!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 07:11 (3368 days ago) @ Leviathan

I was on a team with Mig, narcogen, nico, UnrealChief and Warbow, and we didn't get lucky (or maybe we weren't geographically well suited to match with you guys). We did okay, though! Even with me and Warbow on the team. I had fun playing Crucible again, which is nice (I didn't think about the my exotic bounties). I also found that having Fatebringer and Vex Mythoclast does add some spice to the proceedings.

I'm responding to you, Levi, because I got a funny message from someone on a team that beat us, who I think thought we were part of something official. Autizm Prime said, "tell deej he's next". Message sent. Watch out, DeeJ. Cracked me up.

Congrats to the winning DBOers! We were excited to see that match-up, and cheered you on!

Kermit

Definitely the highlight of my evening!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 00:01 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Congrats, guys. I still can't believe you actually found us in Matchmaking! You definitely deserved the win. :)

Videos are processing and I'll have YouTube links up in the morning.

*Video*: The Admins vs. Forum game

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 00:45 (3368 days ago) @ Beorn

Here's the DBO game in case you'd like to watch just that. I call bologna on a couple of those snipes that "missed" though. ;-)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:22 (3368 days ago) @ Beorn

I lost it at Ragashingo's wave at the end :p

-Disciple

*Video*: The Admins vs. The World: 2 hours of Beorn-o-vision

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:26 (3368 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Link to the DBO youtube account, which now has the entire session up:

Go put some likes on that tamale!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:32 (3368 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I panicked and couldn't remember which button to hit! It did come out good though! :p

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:47 (3368 days ago) @ Ragashingo

That cracked me up as well, though I did love the collective "OoooooOOOoooo" at the beginning when they saw the opponent lineup!

CC

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:24 (3368 days ago) @ CommandrCleavage

That cracked me up as well, though I did love the collective "OoooooOOOoooo" at the beginning when they saw the opponent lineup!

CC

I had the twitch stream up on my iPhone with one earbud in my ear so we could keep track of when they were going back into matchmaking each time. It was glorious hearing them realize it (on the delay, about 20 seconds after we knew it).

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:10 (3368 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I had the twitch stream up on my iPhone with one earbud in my ear so we could keep track of when they were going back into matchmaking each time. It was glorious hearing them realize it (on the delay, about 20 seconds after we knew it).

Unfortunately, due to how I had my setup working, I couldn't get my voice into the Twitch stream, so I'm missing from the video. I got a message from Raga as we were in flight saying, "Prepare!," so I looked at the roster. You can see my mic light up as I was telling the group, "You guys won't believe who we're playing against right now!"

"This is Boss"

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 04:35 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

- No text -

Team DBO beats Team DBO

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 05:17 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Nice job, y'all!

Sorry I missed it. I passed out at 9p EST. Haha.

Team DBO beats Team DBO

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 06:02 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Congrats guys!!!

Team DBO beats Team DBO

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 06:03 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Well done. Hate that I missed out. I didn't get home until late. Congrats to the winners!

Almost 3 Full Fireteams + The Admins Last Night

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 06:17 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

The fireteam I ran with was only 1 short of being full. That was a great showing last night!

For Real. Especially the Admin team.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 08:28 (3368 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Xenos, Mal, Louis, Levi, Beorn: You guys were champs! And great job putting together the whole thing, I doubt we would have had that turnout without the big push you all made on the boards.

Also, do your backs hurt from carrying DeeJ the whole time? ;)

Ouch! :p

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:33 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:45 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Xenos, Mal, Louis, Levi, Beorn: You guys were champs! And great job putting together the whole thing, I doubt we would have had that turnout without the big push you all made on the boards.

In his defense, I think he had some input lag... he was playing through an Xbox One's HDMI passthrough...

Uh-huh. Sure. ;)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:46 (3368 days ago) @ Xenos

Watching the whole thing, and gotta say, DeeJ is a funny dude. Glad he was a good sport about that game, we *might* have been head-hunting him a little.

Uh-huh. Sure. ;)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:50 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

"Might?" Psh. I know what that looks like.

IT'S DEEJ. KILL HIM. QUICK. MAYBE PURPLE ENGRAMS WILL FLY OUT OF HIS HEAD GRUNT BIRTHDAY STYLE.

Uh-huh. Sure. ;)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:28 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Watching the whole thing, and gotta say, DeeJ is a funny dude. Glad he was a good sport about that game, we *might* have been head-hunting him a little.

I "Last Word"ed Deej in the face a couple times in the courtyard right outside B. It was pleasurable. So was sniping Beorn a couple times from across the map after he hit me with sniper first. (I'm sure he got me more times than I got him, but satisfying nonetheless).

Is this really a thing?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 11:47 (3368 days ago) @ Xenos

In his defense, I think he had some input lag... he was playing through an Xbox One's HDMI passthrough...

I play my PS4 through my Xbox. I've never noticed any lag.

I think DeeJ was being a little 'creative' with his excuses.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 11:53 (3368 days ago) @ Kermit

I play my PS4 through my Xbox. I've never noticed any lag.

He wasn't showing any of the tell-tale signs of input-lag (aiming late, generally seeming confused); he killed me once or twice, I think, and it was good play both times that brought me down, not flailing mis-hits.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 12:15 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

He wasn't showing any of the tell-tale signs of input-lag (aiming late, generally seeming confused); he killed me once or twice, I think, and it was good play both times that brought me down, not flailing mis-hits.

Yeah I don't know for sure if he did have input lag. He just told us it was through his XBox One, which I know has caused input lag for many people. I also know other people have said they never had a problem, so no idea if it's just some boxes, or what.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, January 29, 2015, 12:27 (3368 days ago) @ Xenos

Gee, even a moderate handful of milliseconds can throw you off. I'm thinking back to Guitar Hero / Dance Dance and needing to tweak the delays. Admittedly those games are pretty sensitive to timing, but so are head-shots.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 12:29 (3368 days ago) @ Xenos

Perhaps my non-detection of lag is bad data. The omnipresence of Kermit-lag makes me a poor test case.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 12:34 (3368 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah I don't know for sure if he did have input lag. He just told us it was through his XBox One, which I know has caused input lag for many people. I also know other people have said they never had a problem, so no idea if it's just some boxes, or what.

This was also his first time back with a 360 controller in months.

I'm thinking this was his biggest issue.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:17 (3368 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Now that excuse, I buy.

*And just to be perfectly clear, DeeJ is the coolest*

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:39 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Now that excuse, I buy.

In case it wasn't clear, this is just playful ribbing. I don't think DeeJ needs to make excuses. That he finds time to play the game at all is impressive. The fact that he'd take time out from his personal life, after hours, to come out and play with a bunch of head-hunting jerks like us, is a testament to how passionate he is about his job. I don't think he spends nearly the amount of time playing that most of us do because he just doesn't have the free time to simply sit down and play; and considering he spends all day at work working on Destiny, the last thing he'd probably wants to do is go home and spend even more time with it.

And on top of all that, he has the humility to jump in with a bunch of guys who spend all of their free time on it, and want nothing more than to stomp on him? And to be a great sport about it? DeeJ is a class act all around. We're lucky to have him as a community.

*And just to be perfectly clear, DeeJ is the coolest*

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:56 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Now that excuse, I buy.

In case it wasn't clear, this is just playful ribbing. I don't think DeeJ needs to make excuses. That he finds time to play the game at all is impressive. The fact that he'd take time out from his personal life, after hours, to come out and play with a bunch of head-hunting jerks like us, is a testament to how passionate he is about his job. I don't think he spends nearly the amount of time playing that most of us do because he just doesn't have the free time to simply sit down and play; and considering he spends all day at work working on Destiny, the last thing he'd probably wants to do is go home and spend even more time with it.

And on top of all that, he has the humility to jump in with a bunch of guys who spend all of their free time on it, and want nothing more than to stomp on him? And to be a great sport about it? DeeJ is a class act all around. We're lucky to have him as a community.

Hear, hear.

Really had a blast. Glad we were smiled upon by the matchmaking gods.

~m

Dunno why

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, January 31, 2015, 00:46 (3366 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Just played with the 360 for the first time in quite a bit as well (had a great time with you guys, btw) and IMHO the 360's controller is a LOT better. In fact, the only improvements I see on the One's are the triggers and rumble. Everything else was a downgrade.

Dunno why

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 07:29 (3366 days ago) @ ZackDark

Just played with the 360 for the first time in quite a bit as well (had a great time with you guys, btw) and IMHO the 360's controller is a LOT better. In fact, the only improvements I see on the One's are the triggers and rumble. Everything else was a downgrade.

This is always interesting. The One controller seems to have divided people a lot more than I feel the 360 controller did compared to the Xbox S controller. Personally I think the One controller is the perfect controller, especially with the rechargeable battery. It fits perfectly in my hand, the buttons feel more solid, and it doesn't dig into my hand and fingers over long sessions like the 360 controller did. Not to mention the battery lasts for a ridiculously long time. Probably the only thing that bugs me about the One controller is that when you plug it in to charge it loses it's connection for a few seconds.

Dunno why

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, January 31, 2015, 07:43 (3366 days ago) @ Xenos

This is always interesting. The One controller seems to have divided people a lot more than I feel the 360 controller did compared to the Xbox S controller. Personally I think the One controller is the perfect controller, especially with the rechargeable battery. It fits perfectly in my hand, the buttons feel more solid, and it doesn't dig into my hand and fingers over long sessions like the 360 controller did.

It is quite a bit more ergonomic, yes. Good call.

For some odd reason, sometimes my B button seems to stick. It doesn't quite stop working, but the haptic feedback just disappears. Unlike the other buttons, it seems to have no wiggle room, so I think it is scrapping the case. Anyone got any idea of what I can do?

Not to mention the battery lasts for a ridiculously long time. Probably the only thing that bugs me about the One controller is that when you plug it in to charge it loses it's connection for a few seconds.

That's because, unlike with the 360's, the cable transfers data as well, so it probably shuts down its wireless radio and re-syncs on the cable. The next controller update promises to significantly reduce sync time, so you might not even notice it in the future.

Dunno why

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, January 31, 2015, 07:50 (3366 days ago) @ ZackDark

For some odd reason, sometimes my B button seems to stick. It doesn't quite stop working, but the haptic feedback just disappears. Unlike the other buttons, it seems to have no wiggle room, so I think it is scrapping the case. Anyone got any idea of what I can do?

Honestly, if it bugs you a lot, the best bet would be to (carefully) take apart the controller and clean the parts with WD40, and possible even lube up the components of the button. I'm sure you could probably find guides on taking it apart, and possibly even on cleaning it.

That's because, unlike with the 360's, the cable transfers data as well, so it probably shuts down its wireless radio and re-syncs on the cable. The next controller update promises to significantly reduce sync time, so you might not even notice it in the future.

Yeah I have the update since I'm in the preview program, but my battery hasn't run out yet to see if it's significantly better :)

Dunno why

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, January 31, 2015, 08:26 (3366 days ago) @ Xenos

Honestly, if it bugs you a lot, the best bet would be to (carefully) take apart the controller and clean the parts with WD40, and possible even lube up the components of the button. I'm sure you could probably find guides on taking it apart, and possibly even on cleaning it.

You're not the first one to give me this advice, so I guess it's more than time for to take it. :) I'm very finicky about breaking stuff, though.

Relevant video

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 12:59 (3368 days ago) @ Xenos

Yes

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 30, 2015, 22:56 (3366 days ago) @ Kermit

Yes, it's really a thing, and you should stop doing that! Either use another input, or if none are available get a little HDMI switch so you can connect multiple things through one input. They cost maybe $25-$40 depending on where you get them.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:03 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Not my best work, but I had tons of fun. I think I made up for it elsewhere in the night. We'll have to do more of that soon.

~m

Almost 3 Full Fireteams + The Admins Last Night

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 08:34 (3368 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

We had a full fireteam, too, and I think I might have been the only one who officially signed up.

Team DBO beats Team DBO

by Durandal, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:14 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

I'm envious, but being on EST kind of keeps me out of these fun times.

Team DBO beats Team DBO

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 10:33 (3368 days ago) @ Durandal

I'm envious, but being on EST kind of keeps me out of these fun times.

Nah - just gotta get your priorities straight. Destiny > sleep. ;-)

I'm in central time zone so it was already 11pm by the time we finished hootin and hollerin about taking down Deej and the admins -- and then I jumped back on PS4 to finish killing Crota on hard mode and then ran a Nightfall and Weekly Heroic. Finally went to bed at 2am (and still got up at 6:30 to eat, exercise and go to work... then again, I'll probably pass out at my desk this afternoon, especially after I finish eating this chicken fried rice!)

Team DBO v Team DBO more often?

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:26 (3368 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Doing that last night inspires me see if we can't do something like this more often. Not the bounty part, but DBO v DBO. We just gotta get a couple Fireteams together and matchmake until we find each other and then never leave the room.

I want this badly. I am willing to offer incentives.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:29 (3368 days ago) @ BeardFade

Doing that last night inspires me see if we can't do something like this more often. Not the bounty part, but DBO v DBO. We just gotta get a couple Fireteams together and matchmake until we find each other and then never leave the room.

I had been thinking this same thing, but I've never gotten enough turnout in my semi-weekly murder marathons to really give it a try. I'm mulling over offering a $10 xbox code to the MVP of the night that I arbitrarily decide upon as we play to try and up the numbers. People interested?

Makes me long for those Halo 3 customs

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, January 29, 2015, 15:53 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

That would be a ton of fun, I might even play w/ my level 8 (?) xbox/xb1 warlock if it meant playing w/ 12 DBO guardians.

Makes me long for those Halo 3 customs

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 15:54 (3368 days ago) @ dogcow

That would be a ton of fun, I might even play w/ my level 8 (?) xbox/xb1 warlock if it meant playing w/ 12 DBO guardians.

That was definitely the goal; having an all DBO group that could smack-talk with each other the whole time would be a blast.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 16:34 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Incentives are nice (though I'll play for the fun of it). Let's start Fireteam Building these things with a few days advance warning. At the worst, we'll end up with some DBOers to play crucible together. We could end up making a certain night of the week the specific DBO Crucible Clan match night if we got it regular enough.

I was just having a similar discussion...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 16:39 (3368 days ago) @ BeardFade

Incentives are nice (though I'll play for the fun of it). Let's start Fireteam Building these things with a few days advance warning. At the worst, we'll end up with some DBOers to play crucible together. We could end up making a certain night of the week the specific DBO Crucible Clan match night if we got it regular enough.

I had similar thoughts, I think it'd be a great idea. Sadly I don't think we'd get lucky every week, but if we had as many people focus on one console as possible each week we would definitely up our chances.

by Up North 65 @, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 18:36 (3367 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I don't need incentives, love jumping into your eloquently titled crucible-o-ramas and laying down the law. Work is changing up for me in the next couple weeks and there is a chance Ill get put on swing shift which would limit play time. But if the timing works out Id love to join in a DBO crucible takeover.

It would be cool to have at least one team member record, then throw a thread up the following day with the recordings. And bring back DBOTV and have the top 10 and not top 10. Basically sports center, with ncsuDuncan in his tweed jacket and funny hats.

THIS

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, January 29, 2015, 19:19 (3367 days ago) @ Up North 65

Where the hell is Duncan anyway?

I would very much like to do that

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:39 (3368 days ago) @ BeardFade

Everyone should be in the same Xbox Live party when we do it, too, strategy be damned.

I got shunted to the other team once last night while playing with Blacktiger's group and the banter was hilarious.

"As far as I'm concerned, this was a personal victory."

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:46 (3368 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Everyone should be in the same Xbox Live party when we do it, too, strategy be damned.

I got shunted to the other team once last night while playing with Blacktiger's group and the banter was hilarious.

That would work only on the 360. The party limit on the newer consoles is 8. :(

I would gladly sacrifice the chance to get any in-game loot for a custom game option. Last night illustrated the extra dimension of fun that created by friendly competition between friends, something Destiny lacks by design.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:55 (3368 days ago) @ Kermit

Oh dang, that limit's a shame.

And that sounds a good way of how to handle custom games; I'd gladly do it, too.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, January 30, 2015, 10:33 (3367 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

We could all be in one party chat until we get. Matched together (except those people with inferior consoles that limit party chat to 8), then split into two parties once we are all playing together.

You're all a bunch of jerks...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 18:03 (3368 days ago) @ BeardFade

...because ideas like this threaten to draw me back in! Funny how a few days absence, going in to the Crucible with no expectations other than a good time, and getting matched up with a DBO team who's combat chatter you get to hear later can make you forget about loot drop frustrations. :)

by Up North 65 @, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 18:26 (3367 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It makes a huge difference who you play with and why. Love playing with you and look forward to wrecking in the crucible again.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:38 (3367 days ago) @ Ragashingo

...because ideas like this threaten to draw me back in! Funny how a few days absence, going in to the Crucible with no expectations other than a good time, and getting matched up with a DBO team who's combat chatter you get to hear later can make you forget about loot drop frustrations. :)

I was telling Levi last night, when I'm done with Destiny, I'm not saying a damn word to you jerks. I'm just going to cancel my Live subscription, delete my forum account, and I'm never talking to any of you ever again ;)

We'll still find you.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, January 30, 2015, 10:00 (3367 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

We'll still find you.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, January 30, 2015, 10:08 (3367 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread