Infinite supers (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, February 02, 2015, 16:08 (3369 days ago)

short version:
- Defender Titans, with the Ward of Dawn ("bubble shield") ability, generate orbs of light by activating their super
- Crest of Alpha Lupi (exotic chest armor from Xur) makes them generate more
- four on one team, with that armor, using their supers close together in location and time, can produce enough for each other and their other two teammates to regain their supers pretty much instantly after each use (there's a small delay as the game catches up to the bar being full)
- this is just as overpowering as it sounds, especially if they each pick different added perks for their Wards of Dawn (buff to weapons or health or an overshield)

I always felt this was the way the game was meant to play

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, February 02, 2015, 16:12 (3369 days ago) @ General Vagueness

There have been times when I've played with groups that really started snowballing on their orb drops. It is a thing to behold; my favorite runs at the confluxes in VoG were ones where everybody just went crazy and there were too many orbs to pick up.

I need 4 Titans for tonight

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, February 02, 2015, 16:19 (3369 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Yes. Team Bubble Party must ride again.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 15:53 (3368 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Link's broken, got fix

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 02, 2015, 17:41 (3369 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I was going to post a "yeah, Warlocks in the first part of the Omnigul strike can string Nova Bombs like beasts, but then I extracted the video's link and watched it. That is fucking ridiculous. I want to do that, but I have both the Titan to do it and the Warlock to abuse it. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Also, I wonder how we (as the opposing, but coordinated, team) might be able to sneak a Fist of Havoc into that bubble of death.

[Mod edit: Moved fixed video into the OT]

Link's broken, got fix

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, February 02, 2015, 21:23 (3368 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yeah... the other team needed a Striker Titan with Death From Above. That's pretty much the only thing that would have saved them. Well that or a Blade Dancer. :p

Got an Inmost Light out of the Nightfall, so...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 02, 2015, 21:47 (3368 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'd love to try it on some fools if they organized the Bubble of Death. ;)

Got an Inmost Light out of the Nightfall, so...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, February 02, 2015, 21:55 (3368 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'd love to try it on some fools if they organized the Bubble of Death. ;)

You got something against Bruce Campbell?

Link's broken, got fix

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, February 02, 2015, 22:17 (3368 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by General Vagueness, Monday, February 02, 2015, 22:42

Yeah... the other team needed a Striker Titan with Death From Above. That's pretty much the only thing that would have saved them. Well that or a Blade Dancer. :p

They had extra health and shields going, along with the protection of the bubbles. As a Bladedancer, I can tell you they'd need the element of surprise to do any good against that, and with the placement they settled on that's unlikely to happen. Two Bladedancers could be a lot more workable, one gets them occupied and maybe weakens them and the other comes in and wears them down and takes out one or two, then some more teammates step in and use grenades and CQC to clean up.
Multiple Nova Bombs, preferably with Annihilate selected, might also work, but good luck getting more than one or two supers up and coordinated if you're against that and not using the same trick.
Maybe you could send in a Sunsinger Warlock to die and self-revive after a bit as a distraction, on top of some other planning, maybe they could even use the distraction and Radiance to step in and do some damage.
I don't know, the more I think about it the more it seems like there should be counter-tactics, but continuous supers have so much potential to be overwhelming. The shields and the people in them effectively lock down one area of the map, and having Strikers or Voidwalker Warlocks on the same team could let them lock down a whole other section or two of the map with constant area-of-effect supers. This tactic is so effective it makes being a Gunslinger viable (the least useful PvP subclass, IMHO), so I can only imagine the havoc that's possible.

Yeah

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, February 02, 2015, 22:21 (3368 days ago) @ General Vagueness

The only reliable counter I can think of is to do it back. As such, the game would devolve into a Titan-fest, with Defenders setting up the exploit and Strikers trying to shut it down, on both teams.

Infinite supers - holy hell.

by yakaman, Monday, February 02, 2015, 19:32 (3369 days ago) @ General Vagueness

- No text -

Infinite supers

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 04:47 (3367 days ago) @ General Vagueness

That is revoltingly effective, yet I agree with what is mentioned. It's like they broke the game (at least as far as PVP is concerned).

Easy fix though - for PVP orbs with the Bubble Titan, orbs don't spawn unless bubble is shot.

This would be fun to try with Crota

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 07:50 (3367 days ago) @ General Vagueness

After killing the Deathsinger and clearing all of the adds, the titans can hold their bubble party on Crota's platform and have a giant pile of orbs right there, ready to go. If they collect in just the right place, the sword carrier might be able to stand in the middle of them while attacking Crota and hit him with a string of supers instead of RT attacks.

Anyone on Xbox One want to give this a shot tonight?

-Disciple

Doh!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 07:52 (3367 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Someone else beat me to it.

At least I know it works now. :p

-Disciple

>Gamesager

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 19:38 (3364 days ago) @ General Vagueness

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread